Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Selling items not in the store anymore?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Saw the following items on a discord server in the
World Crown Exchange in the Non-Crowns selling
https://discord.gg/tNppu5NSfh

Is that against TOS in anyways and what are your thoughts about it ?

WTS Unobtainable Crown Items:
PC/NA

ARMS PACK: 12.5m
Prior Thierric - Lady Thorn - Nerien'eth - Nazaray -Mother Ciannait - Kjalnar's Nightmare - GloomBound 15m

HOUSE: 75m
Seaveil Spire Unfurnished
Bastion Sanguinaris Furnished
Elinhir Private Arena Unfurnished

NPC: 12.5m
Sereyne - Jakarn - Stibbons - Dhulef- Captain Isara Davaux

MUSIC BOX: 7m
Bleak Beacon Shanty - Steadfast Armistice - High Isle Duel - Deeproot Dirge

PERSONALITY: 3m
Scholar - Swashbuckler

MISC:
Tsaesci Style 10m - Grim Harlequin Style 9m - Werewolf Lord 10m -Scarecrow Spectre 10m - Elder Scrolls Artifact: Ebony Blade 7m -Short Mussed Wave 3m - The Casual Rascal 3m - The Intrepid Gourmet Bundle 3m

Edited by WiseSky on January 5, 2023 12:11PM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems very suspicious to me. I don’t know how anyone would be able to do so as Crown items become bound upon acquisition, to you or the person you’re gifting them to. Maybe there is a way to keep items somehow in limbo and unbound? Those prices are pretty outrageous so, if it’s legit, I guess you’d be paying for that.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That seems very suspicious to me. I don’t know how anyone would be able to do so as Crown items become bound upon acquisition, to you or the person you’re gifting them to. Maybe there is a way to keep items somehow in limbo and unbound? Those prices are pretty outrageous so, if it’s legit, I guess you’d be paying for that.

if you buy to gift you can't then claim them yourself, you can only gift them, so i think those would count as in limbo if they are returned to the sender
    Edited by fizl101 on January 5, 2023 2:09PM
    Soupy twist
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What probably happened is they gifted these items to someone who returned them, or simply didn't collect them. When that happens the gift is returned to the sender but they can't claim it themselves and can't get a refund, all they can do is gift it to someone else.

The worst that could have happened is they did that deliberately by gifting these items to their own second account then letting the offer expire so they'd be returned and available to re-gift after they were out of the crown store, but even then it's not against the TOS or even particlarly suspicious, it's still just using the system as ZOS designed it. The worst it would mean is the buyer is less likely to be able to negotiate a good price because the seller is aiming to make a profit rather than get rid of some useless items.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also...there is no way for the buyer or seller to know if these items are truly discontinued or will come back on sale later.