Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is DC the only faction to have a tower behind their scroll temple only they can enter?

ProudMary
ProudMary
✭✭✭✭✭
Today an interesting thing happened in PvP. We managed to snatch Alma Ruma scroll off the scroll temple, but the player died before they could run the scroll back. A DC player managed to pick up the scroll and they ran it into a tower behind the scroll temple that only DC players could enter. Enemy faction players were unable to use the door, so the DC player holding the scroll could just sit in the tower while the enemy had no recourse to pursue the scroll any longer.

As far as I am aware, no other faction has a tower behind their scroll temple that functions in this manner. Why is DC the only faction that gets this advantage?

@ZOS_Kevin and @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edited by ProudMary on January 3, 2023 11:57AM
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know we did TBH. Behind Alma temple you say?

Edit: Is it the one by the siege tutorial area? Thats odd that its there and that not everyone can go in.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on January 2, 2023 4:40PM
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP has a lake that they can hold one of the scrolls in that is very difficult, if not impossible (if they get it to the right spot) for us to get it out of.

I think it's just AD without a terrain advantage... again.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP has a lake that they can hold one of the scrolls in that is very difficult, if not impossible (if they get it to the right spot) for us to get it out of.

That's totally different than having a tower nobody can enter if they aren't in your faction. You can still be sieged and are still exposed while swimming in a lake. The scroll carrier can't be attacked in any way while in this tower.

Of course this caused people on my faction to accuse the devs of misdeeds because "all the devs play DC". I doubt very much that is the case. I don't think any of the devs PvP at all, but it does create a situation where the accusation can be thrown out there and create a sense of unfairness.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure it is not intended by design and is an oversight.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC is just above the rest, so a tower is needed. Working as intended.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fun fact of the day
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the tower at the training area? I'm primarily DC but I have explored behind the gate as an enemy and was surprised that I could walk into the training area.

DC also has a broken tower behind the gate that anyone can climb. In the past, there have been a few ap-scroll farms going on there with all three factions joining in.

Cyrodiil is a big sandbox for PVP with three obvious "calls to action."
    1. Flagging an item such as a keep, town, etcetera
    2. Flipping an item to your faction or locking a bottleneck
    3. Obtaining an object that is tracked on the map such as the scroll or the hammer

Then PVP can occur.

That tower is probably not intended to be used that way.
    Edited by Dojohoda on January 3, 2023 3:00PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD can port out from behind their gate. Nobody else can.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bruma is probably the most obvious example of favorazing DC in PvP part. There is several other small things, but fact, that they moved Bruma to south from Dragon so it cannot serve as base to attack Warden now is obviuos.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can get into the tower, and kill people in the tower - have done it and have had it done to me. The issue is that you can’t enter the door while in combat, so as long as there are players outside the tower attacking, opponents can’t get in. The same situation exists at some of the wineries, temples, and in the lava town south of Rayles.

EDIT: Note that the above was accurate as of 2022/Q3 (IIRC the last time I tried). Changes of such things from patch to patch always need to be tested for ninja-changes.
    Edited by Crown on January 5, 2023 5:18PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have taken scrolls and the hammer to that tower many times and I've never seen any EP or AD been able to enter the tower at all. They sit outside and try to attack us with siege but usually get bored and leave.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been up there, it's been awhile but i thought meatbag catapults could kill you up there?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    The tower behind DC spawn has been abused by a certain zerg lord to hold DC scrolls/Hammer in to make sure other factions can't get them. But unlike the towers in EP/AD spawn, you can't get into the one behind DC spawn even if you are out of combat whilst on a EP or AD toon. I've tried it several times.

He's also been logging onto an AD account to try and steal DC scrolls/Hammer to make sure AD can't grab them. It's pretty sad, and I doubt ZOS will do anything, despite me sending in a video of it. I can't imagine being that desperate to win a campaign in an MMO that's almost a decade old. Must not have anything else going on.

Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Not true - in fact I just found out that AD has one on Wednesday. It's right by their siege practice range. Someone took one of their scrolls up there. Didn't matter- a trebuchet shot blew them up and the scroll fell to the ground. Hysterical.
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true - in fact I just found out that AD has one on Wednesday. It's right by their siege practice range. Someone took one of their scrolls up there. Didn't matter- a trebuchet shot blew them up and the scroll fell to the ground. Hysterical.

AD has a tower but anyone can enter the tower. The DC tower can only be entered by DC.
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They have that little cave tucked at the end of the long and narrow ravine.

But seriously I did not know about this tower?
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying and I always wondered why it is there.

AD also has a tower but you can go in there and fight them, at least. The issue is, when you zone in, you are momentarily helpless, so they can just bomb you to oblivion
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD has a tower but anyone can enter the tower. The DC tower can only be entered by DC.

Well that’s just not true. I’ve personally fought AD inside of that tower, on top of the trap door. On a separate occasion I killed AD with siege when they popped through the door after killing everyone below.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Crispen_Longbow
    Crispen_Longbow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Well that’s just not true. I’ve personally fought AD inside of that tower, on top of the trap door. On a separate occasion I killed AD with siege when they popped through the door after killing everyone below.

Yes it's true. AD can not enter the DC tower. DC can just hide in there until the scroll resets which gives them an hour to close the gate.

0wrhqzan0ovw.png
    Crispen Longbow - Daggerfall Covenant (DC): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Blue VE, Khole, LoM, MO)
    Crispen Longboww - Aldmeri Dominion (AD): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - Crispen's House of Pain RIP (KP, Yellow VE, Omni)
    Crispen Longbow-EP - Ebonheart Pact (EP): NB - Rank:50 (NA/PC) - RIP (Red VE)
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it's true. AD can not enter the DC tower. DC can just hide in there until the scroll resets which gives them an hour to close the gate.

0wrhqzan0ovw.png

And y’all STILL couldn’t get it from us before we closed the gate even after it had reset to the temple.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

0wrhqzan0ovw.png

And y’all STILL couldn’t get it from us before we closed the gate even after it had reset to the temple.

That is the exact unfair problem here.The scroll is kept in a safe tower none can capture it!!!
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like the hidden feature for low population. It may be working as intended.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like the hidden feature for low population. It may be working as intended.

Pardon me but blues lead the campaign thanks to their overwhelming numbers. Hope this serious bug gets fixed,
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may be very "unpopular" opinion, but imho scroll should not be allowed to be carried into some places - like house for example. Simply put - scroll should automatically "drop" of the player who is carrying it if a player goes through "non-pvp" doors.

Gates to the keeps, outpost or scroll gate are all fine and should be the only "doors" that scroll is allowed to go through.

Something similar could also be added when it comes to dropping scroll into water or lava. A simple script with an invisible hit-box & respawn points could be added in "questionable" places so it would immediately re-spawn / teleport scroll to the closest accessible location if hit-box was crossed by the scroll (but still in reasonable way so players would not use it get the scroll over the river easily).

I always got an impression scroll - trolling is very toxic and serves no purpose what so ever.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

0wrhqzan0ovw.png

That is the exact unfair problem here.The scroll is kept in a safe tower none can capture it!!!

You all had your chance. You zerged us down at the temple and grabbed the scroll, but then lost it and it ended up in the tower for the next hour. Even after it reset you still couldn’t take it away.

Next time don’t lose it.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pardon me but blues lead the campaign thanks to their overwhelming numbers. Hope this serious bug gets fixed,

Overwhelming numbers? Every time I login DC has the same or less population than the other alliances. I can’t remember the last time I saw DC with a population advantage.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL As DC, I do find it funny. But it shouldn't be guys. Maybe we can laugh at it for a year or 2 though; similar to the use of the tree to get inside our home keep lasted that some here made plenty use of.

Nah. No need to go to that level. They should fix this