The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Better rewards for Enchanting and Alchemy crafting dailies please.

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Well recently I have been looking for something new to pursue so decided to fill in many of my missing achievements. I discovered there is an achievement for learning 30 Alchemy formulas. I've been at this game since Summerset and was surprised to discover I had only 18. I decided to hit the vendors! I learned that I had all the cheaper formulas but none of the higher priced ones like 15k gold and up.

This got me thinking, considering I've been a master crafter for many years now how come I haven't gotten any of the more valuable enchanting and alchemy patters at all. I do not recall getting anything but green alchemy or enchanting patterns period. Is this correct? We do not receive anything but the green one? With Blacksmith, Woodworking, Clothing and Jewellery dailies once in a while we get a gold daily master writ which in some cases are quite nice but no love for the two red headed step kids Alchemy or Enchanting?

If not this should be looked at and addressed imo. All replies will receive agrees or better, even negative ones!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This question has me confused.

A formula is specifically for making furnishings, and they drop like all the other furnishing ones, patterns, diagrams, blueprints, sketches etc. and those drops have nothing to do with your crafting levels. They do appear to have more connection to your thieving skills, as many furnishing plans have to be stolen, and often from very specific targets. The furnishing classifications are mostly logical, with cloth items made at the clothing station, such as tapestries. Alchemy is therefore going to be used for candles, oil lamps, and they’ve generally put glassware there, too. Enchanting has got the stone items, which is not too much of a stretch. A lot of furniture is wooden, or metal.

Daily writs have no relationship to furnishing, except that the same skills are used. Master writs from the dailies drop for all the skills, and I don’t feel Alchemy or Enchanting are shorted there. The rewards for those writs are low, but they are easier to do.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    This question has me confused.

A formula is specifically for making furnishings, and they drop like all the other furnishing ones, patterns, diagrams, blueprints, sketches etc. and those drops have nothing to do with your crafting levels. They do appear to have more connection to your thieving skills, as many furnishing plans have to be stolen, and often from very specific targets. The furnishing classifications are mostly logical, with cloth items made at the clothing station, such as tapestries. Alchemy is therefore going to be used for candles, oil lamps, and they’ve generally put glassware there, too. Enchanting has got the stone items, which is not too much of a stretch. A lot of furniture is wooden, or metal.

Daily writs have no relationship to furnishing, except that the same skills are used. Master writs from the dailies drop for all the skills, and I don’t feel Alchemy or Enchanting are shorted there. The rewards for those writs are low, but they are easier to do.

Agreed, my question was not to the point. Basically my question is why are the Alchemy and Enchanting rewards low period. Occasionally a yellow Enchanting writ will pop for 30 or 40 but nothing but 5 or 6 writ vouchers for Alchemy. Compared to other skills there should be a few plans etc to compensate.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on January 4, 2023 7:00PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They already limit you to 1 alchemy daily a day, even if you have one leftover from the day before because they couldn't fix a bug where you apparently could keep doing them by changing your alchemy level. (This limit is not present on other crafting dailies.)

As if this was a major threat. Someone with that much gold and time could level up (which I assume is the goal of the actions) quickly ways otherwise. Gimping crafters for this "exploit" is rather silly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They already limit you to 1 alchemy daily a day, even if you have one leftover from the day before because they couldn't fix a bug where you apparently could keep doing them by changing your alchemy level. (This limit is not present on other crafting dailies.)

As if this was a major threat. Someone with that much gold and time could level up (which I assume is the goal of the actions) quickly ways otherwise. Gimping crafters for this "exploit" is rather silly.

Oh man! I've been wondering about that!

Quite often I can't be bothered to do the writs on all my chars, so I just log in, get the writs, and log out. The next day I do those writs, and pick up the ones for that day... but alchemy was always missing. It's been bugging me for ages!