The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best stamdk race for stage 3 vampire for pvp?

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
I’m a stage 3 vamp for the tanky 30% damage reduction passive called Undeath. I’m currently an Orc and stage 3 vamp increases the cost of abilities by 8%. If I go Imperial, I can offset 6% of that with the racial passive. And if I go Nord, I’ll have the same sustain as the Orc except that I can pop off ultimates faster and there’s a passive which gives me back resources after popping off an ultimate which could at least mean better sustain than the Orc. Nord synergizes well with DK but I’m not sure if Imperial would be better to offset the vampire debuff. Matter of fact, I would lose damage going with either one over Orc but I don’t know if it’s more important to be survivable as a DK in pvp than to have higher damage.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 3, 2023 2:33PM
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial also reduces Ulti Cost so that you can pop it up faster. Because the passive reduces literally all costs (mag, stam, block, dodge, spring, ulti, just everything). Still you dont get more resources back, because you will have the same ulti regeneration on the ohter hand you will need less ressources (because everything is cheaper).

If you are primarily using weapon skill lines then redguard would neglect all of the 8% if sustain is your only concern.

If you go full damage then Dark Elves are the strongest option (stronger than Ork) which btw. even offset the flame weakness you get from being a vampire.

But not sure what to recommend as best, because it depends also on how your whole build looks and how your playstyle is.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on January 3, 2023 2:15PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial also reduces Ulti Cost so that you can pop it up faster. Because the passive reduces literally all costs (mag, stam, block, dodge, spring, ulti, just everything). Still you dont get more resources back, because you will have the same ulti regeneration on the ohter hand you will need less ressources (because everything is cheaper).

If you are primarily using weapon skill lines then redguard would neglect all of the 8% if sustain is your only concern.

If you go full damage then Dark Elves are the strongest option (stronger than Ork) which btw. even offset the flame weakness you get from being a vampire.

But not sure what to recommend as best, because it depends also on how your whole build looks and how your playstyle is.

Oh wow I didn’t know imperial racial also counts towards ultimates! Also, I’m still getting 100 weapon damage from the 1k extra stamina from imperial over the orc’s which means I’m only losing out on about 158 weapon damage instead of 258.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    100 Weapon damage (minor + major brutality) usually are at least as powerful as 1365 Stamina, often even more (especially if you wear medium armor or use fighters guild skills), so treat this as the minimum!

Dark Elves in this scenario would provide as much damage as 5432 Stamina at minimum (probably more). Funny number btw. 🤣

Also don't forget about the fire weakness, because fire is common among Magicka users. The dunmer can almost neglect it.

It just gives no sustain.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on January 4, 2023 12:43PM