Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tribute Rewards: No more transmute crystals

Briolase
Briolase
✭✭✭
Do the reward containers for ToT still drop transmutes? I haven't seen any in a very long time.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting them sporadically, including within the past few days.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been getting them but would rather not see them in there as now just wasting them
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been getting them but would rather not see them in there as now just wasting them

I like getting them. For a while I was almost cringing in fear of getting them because I had 1000/1000 and was having to store them on alts by reconstructing gear, but then I started doing what I used to do back when the limit was 500/500 or whatever it used to be-- I transmute something to a trait such as Nirnhoned that I need the trait mat for, then deconstruct it and hope I get the trait mat. Transmutation always takes 50 crystals, and getting a trait mat back is not guaranteed, so it's been helping me keep my stock below 900/1000 quite easily, plus there's no gear that needs to be stored on any alts. Win-win!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I got some last night. I get them often.
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers.

I too like getting them, nice to know they still drop occasionally.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some last night as well. I also get them frequently...
    PS5/NA
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did my first round of the "Cards Across the Continent" daily quest in a while, did all three players, got 5 transmutes.
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭
    After posting here, I actually got some. Ain't that always the way?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continue to receive some crystal transmutes but I have also noticed that the probability of receiving them has reduced (once again). Maybe it's an attempt to discourage new players, since a lot of people are still bothered by the game, for no logical reason.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I continue to receive some crystal transmutes but I have also noticed that the probability of receiving them has reduced (once again). Maybe it's an attempt to discourage new players, since a lot of people are still bothered by the game, for no logical reason.

I mean I think the game is dumb and they shouldn't have wasted their time developing it.

I've also only played against NPCs so far and am somewhat enjoying speeding through the game cheesing it, so take that for what it's worth I guess.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean I think the game is dumb and they shouldn't have wasted their time developing it.

I've also only played against NPCs so far and am somewhat enjoying speeding through the game cheesing it, so take that for what it's worth I guess.

I like the game. I'd prefer if they just ported ESL to ESO, but it's better than nothing. I played thousands of hours in ESL and I was playing it every day, now I moved to ToT instead and I'm much more in ESO than ever before. It was a great idea to bring a mini card game to ESO. And it's ok for those who don't like it. I don't like a lot of things on ESO too, I don't like Battlegrounds or anything on Cyrodiil and I hate the Antiquities dumb mini games (if you think ToT is dumb I wonder what's your opinion on it). :) But it's great to have choices. We don't need to like everything and play everything. There's a lot to do on ESO and I hope they keep bringing new stuff to the game.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I hate the Antiquities dumb mini games (if you think ToT is dumb I wonder what's your opinion on it)...

Antiquities isn't a mini game. You find a lead, you scry it, you dig it up, you get the item.

ToT is a mini game because you play against someone such as an NPC or another player.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 7, 2023 11:05PM
    PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I hate the Antiquities dumb mini games (if you think ToT is dumb I wonder what's your opinion on it)...

Antiquities isn't a mini game. You find a lead, you scry it, you dig it up, you get the item.

ToT is a mini game because you play against someone such as an NPC or another player.

In fact Antiquities are two mini-games. To complete a scry you need to play a mini-game, and then you need to play another on excavation. Both are weak and excessively easy, but still games. :) I don't enjoy playing it. I find it boring. But like I said, we don't need to like everything as long as we have diversity. I'm not against Antiquities just because I don't enjoy playing it. There's a lot more I can do over Tamriel. :) Players who don't enjoy ToT can pick something else too.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58113

ec6lgzldr2fp.jpg

Edited by NeKryXe on January 7, 2023 11:52PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may call it a mini game but I sure don't consider it one, and it is nothing like ToT.
    PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That may call it a mini game but I sure don't consider it one, and it is nothing like ToT.

I agree it's nothing like ToT. That's exactly the point. ToT is a really great mini-game, the other mini-games are the one we could call "dumb" and I never saw people so infuriated about it as with ToT, for no logical reason. It's not even mandatory to play it. It doesn't give you anything that would benefit a build in any way -- unlike Antiquities. Nagging about ToT is the dumbest tantrum since ESO release. :)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who ever called Antiquities a mini game. That just doesn't make sense to me.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anyone who ever called Antiquities a mini game. That just doesn't make sense to me.

When Antiquities were first introduced, some players started referring to it as a mini-game and comparing it disparagingly to a cell phone game. I don't entirely agree-- certainly not with the disparaging comparison, anyway-- but there are definitely game or puzzle aspects to the two parts of Antiquities, Scrying and Excavation. Of course, once you've purchased and leveled up all of the passive abilities in those two Skill lines, they both become a bit trivial, although they do still retain their basic game or puzzle natures, especially Excavation.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not denying it after seeing the description, but nothing about Antiquities feels like a minigame to me. I always thought of scrying and excavating as skills, similar to unlocking a chest.
    PCNA
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not denying it after seeing the description, but nothing about Antiquities feels like a minigame to me. I always thought of scrying and excavating as skills, similar to unlocking a chest.

The picklocking is a mini game too.
    Maybe you just don't really understand the concept of a mini game in games the way that it is generally used.
    While I guess ToT could be deemed as a mini game, it is more of a game within a game, as ToT is a fully fledged game.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 5 last night.

And my first clue!