The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NPC vs Player matches.

Lunatearz
Lunatearz
✭✭
Post here what you think is different between ranked, unranked, and vs npc.

When playing against the npc. When they pick decks they pick two decks at start versus one deck than 2 decks then one deck when it's against another player

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest difference is that you always win against a NPC, and you'll lose many times against other players, specially in ranked. :)
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest win and way to tutor yourself in the game is through NPCs, ranked competitive is alright. The true hardcore TOT sweaties are playing unranked.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    The easiest win and way to tutor yourself in the game is through NPCs, ranked competitive is alright. The true hardcore TOT sweaties are playing unranked.

That's interesting. Looks like we are playing in different servers and that realities are quite different. Interesting indeed.

On PC EU casual matches my win rate is above 90% (on all characters), while in ranked is around 55% to 60%. It's a significant difference. The only really competitive matches I got on casual were when I got matched with someone I know from the rank.

In which server are you playing?

Edited by NeKryXe on January 4, 2023 3:13AM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NPC always plays the same. It is a program after all. I appreciate that because I can try things and see how they work in a consistent environment. Well, as consistent as it can be given the luck of draw. On that note luck definitely plays a part. I do always beat the computer, but some games are closer than others.

PS5/NA
  • beenbadder
    beenbadder
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    The biggest difference is that you always win against a NPC, and you'll lose many times against other players, specially in ranked. :)

Have to disagree as I've never won a single game against the npc's & will never play against other players.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenbadder wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Have to disagree as I've never won a single game against the npc's & will never play against other players.

I was initially having trouble with the NPC's because playing against them was how I learned to play. My daughter told me they tend to prioritize the turning of coin into writ and if I was careful about buying a good card whenever it came up (regardless of the whole coin->writ thing it would work out better for me and she was right. I haven't lost a game against an NPC since and I still don't play other people. Just a thought.
    PS5/NA