Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trouble with Troubleshooter quest NPC

Snatch541
Snatch541
Soul Shriven
So, I am having a problem with finding the NPC Vaerarre for the "The Troubleshooter" quest. I have already completed the "Concealed Weapons" quest, so Aera Earth-Turner is not available anymore. I have searched all over Shor's Stone and still can't find Vaerarre anywhere.
There is a quest marker that points to a place close to the Honrich Tower Wayshrine, but I have run all over THAT place, too, and she just does not show up. This has been driving me nuts since this is the LAST quest I need to complete the Rift.
If anybody knows of a solution, please, please help me out. (I have searched the Internet and submitted a ticket once a year ago but got zero solutions).
  • Balvald
    Balvald
    Soul Shriven
    I've got the exact same problem on my main character. On every subsequent character I just go and do that quest as soon as I get to the Rift because of Vaerarre being absolutely nowhere.

Can't find Vaerarre that should give me the Quest anywhere.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had that issue before with another quest NPC and had to abandon an unrelated quest to get them to show up. Perhaps some sort of quest instancing issue or something. Maybe you have a different quest that is hiding the NPC you need?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this is any help, but UESP says the following about Vaerarre:
    After witnessing the release of Sinmur, you can find Vaerarre beneath a tarp in the middle of Shor's Stone.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Balvald
    Balvald
    Soul Shriven
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I don't know if this is any help, but UESP says the following about Vaerarre:
    After witnessing the release of Sinmur, you can find Vaerarre beneath a tarp in the middle of Shor's Stone.

Thanks but I've checked there first. Thats where the Quest would initially start with Aera.
    Soraka wrote: »
    I've had that issue before with another quest NPC and had to abandon an unrelated quest to get them to show up. Perhaps some sort of quest instancing issue or something. Maybe you have a different quest that is hiding the NPC you need?

I sadly don't have any other quests active that I could abandon apart from new life dailies which are most definitly unrelated. Maybe I just didn't properly witness the release of Sinmur, that might be a (improbable?) loose end to tie up. (did that quest ages ago)