The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Price Inflation of furnishing materials for PC NA.

dragonlord500
dragonlord500
✭✭✭✭✭
This is getting out of hand its costing about 3k gold for every piece of heartwood right now and that's not acceptable. Is the developers watching the price of these items on the guild traders? if so I suggest the Homeowner champion star would include increase loot chance of furnishment materials as well.
Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It happens every New Life because of the event writs. It’s not fair for new players at all. The writs shouldn’t require heartwood.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's simple supply and demand. You might not be happy about it, but that's your personal opinion. Doesn't make it "not acceptable" or a reason for the devs to step in. You could always farm more nodes or buy the mats at a different time.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    It happens every New Life because of the event writs. It’s not fair for new players at all. The writs shouldn’t require heartwood.

I haven't done a single writ that requires heartwood, there are plenty others that need cheaper mats.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

I haven't done a single writ that requires heartwood, there are plenty others that need cheaper mats.

So it sounds like you agree it's not fair either, then.

The drop rates for heartwood and mundane runes have always been ridiculously low. I've been farming these materials myself and their drop rates are consistently lower than for any other furnishing material. I pity the newer players who, not realising better, waste their heartwoods on these writs, only to turn around and try to craft their own furnishings. And to call it supply and demand is not accurate because ZOS can quite simply tweak drop rates.