The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Shade no longer working in IC?

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
I just hopped into IC and when I try to use my shadow imge to hop back to where I left it, nothing happens. the toom does the motion but I don''t snap back to it. Is it just me orr is anyone else getting this?
PCNA
PCEU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually use it to get back up to the tower in the arena district after doing a quick loot or quest stuff, do you know how far you were from the shade? as far as im aware the teleport to shade thing has a max range of like 28 meters, if you are outside of that range, you will just recast a new shade

i havent specifically tried using it like recently, but thats how ive noticed it to work
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats exactly what I use it for and luckily I tested before I dropped down. I was not even 10m from it at the time. Well several times. I wasted like 5 minutes on it.

It did work correctly in Cyrodil so I'm mystified.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting, im not sure what would be causing this, though i know this suppression field has caused a lot of oddities for other things in the past (namely with gap closers), so it might be doing something weird on that front with the shade
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just checked on my main account and it doing the same thing. Works everywhere but IC.

off to do the bug report
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, is this the same bug that plagued a lot of charge attacks including the DK leap?

I know for a while they worked fine in Cyro, but you could end up with 'permanently out of range' in BGs or IC. We pretty much had to slot those skills after jumping down in order to get them to work properly.

Just to science it, have you tried not having it on the bar, and then slotting it after you jumped down? Does that get it to consistently work? Obviously not a permanent solution, but I haven't seen the 'out of range' bug recently, so maybe that might get fixed if we knew more about it.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible but I was shading up and down platforms in IC perfectly well before Monday's update so I'm inclined to think its something ZOS broke this pass.

And yes I'd already tested the on and off from when teleport strike as borked before. But no luck.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug reported
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Xmas.

Works in sewers but still not in IC proper.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So like I'm the only person this has happened to?
    PCNA
    PCEU