The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2x5pcs or Monster 3pc & 5pc

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Stamplar - running Order Wrath and Heartland Conqueror
Running Sharpened on my Maul and Bow (Hearland bonus helps with pen).
Doing better than I usually do (which is very badly), but lived for a few right (and got away!!!!)
H:32k M:22k Stam:33k (with sugar skulls running)

Wondering if I should switch to a Monster Set (I don't have all - Storm Fist?), a 3pc (Deadly?) and Keep Heartland (or Order's)
Go back to Pariah?

Getting cc'd is stomping me, and lack of doing damage. But Honor the Dead Restoring Focus are helping a lot.
I try to avoid 1v1 but when stuck...well...fight then die.

Jabs are channeled...any other Bow Skills? Yes, I still like Jabs.

Thoughts?

Tankz,

Z

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stormfist is not that great in pvp because the enemies can avoid it too easy

if you are a melee build, selene is ok for monster set

if you want to do burst dmg, from range with a bow, you could use scavenging demise with bow skills snipe and poison injection, this could make an OK combo with power of the light/jesus beam if you wanted to heavy burst a single target

or you had the item available, you could use the asylum bow with acid spray or bombard

if you needed more survival, i think its the skill living dark most people use, but this requires magicka sustain to be able to keep high uptime
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master Tank U!!!!!

Love Stormfist, but yeah, it is slow.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait....Deadly is a 5pc????!
    D'oh!

Suggestions for a 3 pc when running Bow/Lightning Staff and 2H Maul?
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Wait....Deadly is a 5pc????!
    D'oh!

Suggestions for a 3 pc when running Bow/Lightning Staff and 2H Maul?

3 piece options are extremely limited. Agility, Endurance, Willpower for the raw stats. Potentates for a bit of damage reduction and cheaper ulti's. All the other 3 piece are incredibly niche, boosting very specific things like only ranged direct damage.
    Trainee or Druids could be used for bigger resource pools or you could just pick up the first two bonuses of any five item set like 2x armor from Allesian Order.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe Heartland Conqueror works in Ravenwatch, but Order's Wrath does not. Neither do most monster sets. So I guess you are not playing in Ravenwatch. I don't rate Heartland. It may be decent in Ravenwatch. Outside of that, meh. You can go front bar Sharpened, back bar Defending or Powered. Some people swear by that, but I think when you compare with other options in UESP, the set is average to below average. The fact that you can back bar a set, front bar a set, fit a monster set, a mythic and 1x Trainee, any such setup with meta sets beats Heartland outside of Ravenwatch, since Heartland needs to be double-barred or there's no point.

Order's Wrath kind of makes sense on a templar, but it is more of a PvE set at the end of the day. Try something more meta, such as Rallying Cry front bar, Wretched Vitality back bar, Zoal monster set, 1x Trainee and mythic of choice, e.g, Markyn, Wild Hunt or Sea Serpent. Don't forget to build for spell damage, not weapon damage, and make sure to activate the Minor Sorcery class passive. Experiment with a combination of heals, such as Honor the Dead, Rally, Resolving Vigor, Extended Ritual and Draining Shot. You will need 3 to 4 of the above heals in the build.

I do not recommend Pariah. It's so yesterday. It hasn't felt good to me for a number of patches. If it has to be a set like that, try Mara's Balm. That said, I would wear predominantly medium to get your damage and sustain up. This also fits better with a bow rather than wearing heavy.

For a more aggressive option than Zoal, maybe try a Blackrose Bow with Draining Shot, if you have that. Nothing like healing and keeping up the pressure at the same time. Using an arena weapon and, say, Rallying Cry on the other bar opens up the option of wearing another 5 piece on the body, e.g. you could go back to Heartland, if you're married to that. Blackrose Bow, Master Bow, Vateshran 2H (front bar), even something like a Vateshran ice staff would all work, with Rallying Cry on the other bar and, say, Heartland on the body. This leaves room for either a monster set or 1x mythic and 1x Trainee. Monster sets that work include Zoal, Bloodspawn, Balorgh, perhaps Zaan.

Should you be tempted to return to Pariah, I would say try Mara instead, double barred. In that case I'd find it hard to recommend pairing with Rallying Cry on a stamina class playing a bow, since that will limit the amount of medium armor you can wear. I'd probably go for Mara jewelry and 2x to 3x Mara on the body (depending on mythic), then back bar an arena bow and front bar something like Deadly, Plaguebreak, Nightmother's Gaze (crafted) or your Order's Wrath.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just for funsies, here is my own stamplar build:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=445299

I should say that I don't actually like the class and don't play it often. This build is also experimental, trying to answer the questions "What if we push spell damage" and "how do we make something from being a Redguard". It is quite squishy, but it has the raw damage and healing power you, perhaps, expect from a pure weapon damage build. The damage is quite peaky, ramping up from 5K unbuffed to 8.5K fully buffed. Note you need poisons and Flurry to reliably activate Moonhunter, while Jabs gives you Major Sorcery and is AOE. I've refined it a fair bit at this point, except Witch-Knight uptime is quietionable. Perhaps Deadly is better. It's quite playable, if you are OK with fast, squishy builds. Perhaps not something for a beginner.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do want to stick with Heartland Conqueror I would suggest considering running DW with Nirn/shapened. Most traits get cut in half on DW but if you run Nirn you get the same 30% percent boost as with 2H weapons on the main hand and then nearly 3K pen from the off hand.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on January 1, 2023 4:47PM
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do want to stick with Heartland Conqueror I would suggest considering running DW with Nirn/shapened. Most traits get cut in half on DW but if you run Nirn you get the same 30% percent boost as with 2H weapons on the main hand and then nearly 3K pen from the off hand.

When I ran heartland I used DW nirn hammer on main hand and sharpened sword on secondary hand. This way I get the bonus to damage on the main, damage bonus from using the sword and pen increase from the trait on my offhand and pen increase from my mainhand being a hammer.

• Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running DW will give more damage than a single 2H?
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Running DW will give more damage than a single 2H?
    The weapon / spell damage you get from DW weapons is dominated by the weapon in your main hand, e.g. the left slot. Making that Nirnhoned and the other weapon Sharpened, Charged or Precise tends to be optimal. I haven't checked lately, but I think this weapon layout beats 2H marginally. You should also put two different enchants on the weapons. If you put the same enchant on both weapons, the enchants would share a cooldown (making the second weapon's enchant pointless and redundant). While the value of the enchants is halved, I'm not sure about the proc chance of status effects from the enchants. I'm assuming that's also halved, down to 10% from 20%. If not, then that would also contribute to greater power of DW.