The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Basic PVP understanding....rules

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
It's not PVE...

Battle Spirit - when does it trigger? I keep hearing about Rallying Cry...

Mitigation is 50% of PVE? Ie. Hexo's ward - half strength shields?

What else am I missing...or do I have this wrong?

And why? It it is true?

Tankz,

Z
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle spirit occurs in any player vs player instance. It works in dueling, battlegrounds, cyrodiil and Imperial city/Imperial sewers. Any sublocations of those locations has battle spirit active at all times

The "mitigation" is a damage reduction by 50% from damaging attacks(including sets), plus 50% reduction to damage shields(includes sets that give damage shields) and 55% reduction to healing sources(including sets) I believe.

In regards to rallying cry, that set is just saying whenever you're in a pvp encounter you have a chance to proc rallying cry. It can go off in any of those instances I mentioned above.

If I had to say "why", well it's because PVE damage is almost totally uncapped and in PVP where the rules and values are totally different, if these changes weren't in place, you'd see players taking 60k-90k critical hits from abilities or ultimates.

It's already possible to get 15k-30k hits on certain burst abilities, if that were uncapped people would be easily able to get 90k+ crit hits, making most burst abilities a requirement to dodge/block in order to survive. Similar ideas can be applied to healing or shields. Some shields have high tooltips can you can see potentially 30k shields, especially with that CP passive that buff damage shields you create. Or burst heals would be crazy.

It's ultimately to keep it from players with insane stats doing uncounterable numbers making pvp quite literally impossible for players
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battle Spirit is a buff/debuff applied to all players in PvP, including battlegrounds and Cyrodill. It increases your health points but reduces your damage and healing output.

Rallying Cry is a set that applies a bonus specifically when you have Battle Spirit — so in any PvP (although unsure about no-proc Cyrodill). It’s sort of the PvP equivalent of the PvE trial sets that give buffs specifically in trials, dungeons, and arenas.
  • TheSpunkyLobster
    Battle Spirit is a buff/debuff applied to all players in PvP, including battlegrounds and Cyrodill. It increases your health points but reduces your damage and healing output.

Rallying Cry is a set that applies a bonus specifically when you have Battle Spirit — so in any PvP (although unsure about no-proc Cyrodill). It’s sort of the PvP equivalent of the PvE trial sets that give buffs specifically in trials, dungeons, and arenas.

It hasn't increased Health since I believe CP 2.0 came out
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, health regen in cyro is 50% of what it is in PvP.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It hasn't increased Health since I believe CP 2.0 came out

Thank you for the correction! I haven’t done much PvP for a while…