The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best gear for stamcro in IC, against gankers when farming TV stones?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Looking for best gear, champion points and skills for my necrotic stamina vamp, so that I can survive a ganker after having used much of my resources on defeating monsters in cp Imperial City. Any advice on that will be greatly appreciated.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 30, 2022 5:01PM
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer, high Health, high Resistances, Oakensoul ring, Plaguebreak set, Titanium Cleave arena set with Brawler and Stampede, Occult Overload CP, Bloody Renewal CP, Swift trait on jewelry, Steed Mundus, Cloak potions - enjoy.

Edit: If you don't want to use Oakensoul for whatever reason get Sithis Gaze, als Ultimate you can use Goliath to become unkillable for some time or Vamp Daddy to regain ressources.
    Edited by Kisakee on December 29, 2022 11:18AM
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Bosmer, high Health, high Resistances, Oakensoul ring, Plaguebreak set, Titanium Cleave arena set with Brawler and Stampede, Occult Overload CP, Bloody Renewal CP, Swift trait on jewelry, Steed Mundus, Cloak potions - enjoy.

Edit: If you don't want to use Oakensoul for whatever reason get Sithis Gaze, als Ultimate you can use Goliath to become unkillable for some time or Vamp Daddy to regain ressources.

I’m genuinely curious how any of this other than high HP and resists can help anyone survive a one shot gank.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I’m genuinely curious how any of this other than high HP and resists can help anyone survive a one shot gank.

OP asked how to survive a ganker while being low on ressources, not how to prevent a one shot in the first place. The obvious answer is to not be out of ressources hence Brawler skill with its Damage Shield and Bloody Renewal CP plus Oakensoul for tons of passive buffs, with plan B being to recover quickly hence the Ultimate and Plan C to simply run away as fast as possible hence Swift trait, Steed Mundus and Cloak potions.

It's an all-in-one bundle with multiple options to choose from, you don't want to go to PvP without any backup plan.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sea serpent's coil...40 percent damage reduction from a gank
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice to you would be to run a Sword and Shield with the Spell Wall ultimate, it is extremely low cost and works very well if you get hit by surprise, as it blocks all hits while you gather yourself.

Great sets that you could run to help you never run out of resources would be Wretched Vitality (craftable) on your backbar or Essence Thief from White Gold Tower on your front bar.

If you insist on being low resource, you could try out any set that provides mitigation, one such set would be Pariah, found in Wrothgar overland.

Hate to tell you though, Nightblade gankers are hitting harder than ever this patch so it’s going to be hard to recover from being low, I would just throw on Essence Thief and play smart.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP asked how to survive a ganker while being low on ressources, not how to prevent a one shot in the first place.

Well, a good ganker will one shot most people with full resources. So, logically, surviving a gank while low on resources would be even more challenging.

As was mentioned, Sea Serpent's coil, as well as sets that mitigate both crit and overall player specific damage will help. Also damage shield or thorn sets and skills are an option. And I highly recommend slotting the Slippery CP, which gives you an automatic break free every 21 seconds, and can get you out of that lead in stun.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play with a group or learn how to cheese corners very well. You'll want to save your potion specifically for these people as well, and coil isn't going to help you too much since you are likely already engaged in PVE when they attack and the passive is on CD. Someone suggested the vamp daddy ult, which is a PVP reset button but only when they have other targets to hit since there's a distinct 2 second windup time and a 2 second wind down time. while this can be helpful the fact you are running vamp can also be a hindrance on your resources.

Hate to say it but you may be leaving yourself exposed, especially to nightblade bow gankers. You can't prevent these guys from killing you if you are unprepared- you have to get them into your kill range if you want any hope of reducing them down to a 1v1 fight or to put you into melee range with them.

Once you start thinking like this, you can instead utilize sets to kill people more easily like Rush of Agony, combined with your graveyard self proc and collossus ulti and you have dead NB gankers. I highly urge you to keep your resources high in the first place, PVE encounters shouldn't be leaving you at near-depleted or near-death in IC.

The above is just my personal advice, I don't play extensively in IC though this reference below does.

I would look into some Grimsforge Gaming videos on YT as he spends a lot of time in IC and plays all kinds of classes/builds. He also deals in the hundreds of thousands of Tel'Var when I speak with him, so he definitely gains profit with the builds he publishes. Many of his builds feature fully buyable sets straight outta cyrodiil or IC. This being said, he knows when to solo and when to group- you just need common sense and the ability to read the atmosphere.
    Edited by Dr_Con on December 30, 2022 11:11AM
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭

I had an idea to use sea serpent/reactive/robesofthehist in that place 😆. No idea if itd work probably overkill tbh
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Highly unlikely to be helpful when you're already engaged in combat with NPC's. Instead you're snaring yourself all the time and will get killed for being too slow to run away. Remember that the main objective is to farm TV and not to engage or even defeat other players.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the main object is to farm TV quickly and not lose half of them when ganked or stumbling upon an enemy player. What about scatter shot? To get distance and time to run away like a proper coward :)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post