Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I level the cards?

Sweetpea704
Sweetpea704
✭✭✭✭
So, I took a break playing Tales of Tribute during the school semester and got back to it during my break. The last time I leveled a card was in July, according to my achievements. I've been playing the last few days and haven't leveled one card, even though I am going out of my way to use the cards and decks I need the achievement on. What gives? Is there another way to level besides doing the dailies and playing hands with the finder? Does my RNG just stink that bad? Is there a bug on leveling certain cards? I even started the storyline over on two other toons just hoping one of them would be luckier.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think you have to use the cards that you need upgrades for to get specific upgrades, I think it is random.

Some of the upgrades come from using the patron abilities and some come from clues in the daily reward boxes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to win 3 ranked hands against other players to get a clue? I just couldn't win 3 ranked hands today, only 2, and didn't get a clue. I never get clues from playing Cards across the Continent, even playing the experts. It stinks. I don't have time to grind this all day.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to win 3 ranked hands against other players to get a clue? I just couldn't win 3 ranked hands today, only 2, and didn't get a clue. I never get clues from playing Cards across the Continent, even playing the experts. It stinks. I don't have time to grind this all day.

No. You have better odds from better boxes but can get clues from green boxes still.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get clues from some of the boxes you get after a playing a game. It doesn't matter if the game was against another player or an NPC or whether you won or lost. And you do not have to have used a deck in the game to get that deck's card upgrade.

Check all the achievements to see if you have any card upgrades locked behind them.

I don't remember if any of these are locked behind being a certain level but if you aren't level 8 yet work toward that.

I also did all the tournament quests on all my characters which was a good way to level and play more games to get boxes from.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 31, 2022 3:01AM
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just got one win against other players before turning the daily quest in. Not sure but I think I got all my clues from NPC quests ,but that was before the latest update so it may have changed.

I was doing both dailies for a while but got burnt out trying to get another rubedite trophy for my house and just pretty much quit playing.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA