Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ya'll need to chill out, its just a game.

WitchyKiki
WitchyKiki
✭✭✭
Losing doesn't warrant you to act like a poor person and grief, sit on the timer and then spam the other player with hate mail, invitations and friend requests to send profane messages.
I am appear offline and I STILL get harassing inbox messages. What is the point of the block function if the blocked player can still send me an inbox cursing me out? I just got back from an ESO break, I have played 3 matches total, 2 which I won and got cursed out by the other players. I am not offline because I'm a "coward", I'm offline to avoid these tantrums. It's childish, I just want to enjoy the card game and move on with my life. It's just a GAME, if it makes you this upset stop playing it.

I have sent countless reports to ESO over players using profane language that I will not repeat. This behavior is giving me a bad taste about the ESO community and I've played this game for years. I have done a lot of PVP and never received even a fraction of the messages I get over TOT.

Instead throwing a tantrum, have some dignity and TURN OFF THE GAME. We are all here to enjoy Tamriel, if the game causes you this much grief then don't play it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine leaving someone a message just because I lost a game of Tribute
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

One of my friends used to do that. I told him he better stop and eventually he did after someone reported him for it.

I would suggest reporting anyone who does this because they will take action.
    PCNA
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

One of my friends used to do that. I told him he better stop and eventually he did after someone reported him for it.

I would suggest reporting anyone who does this because they will take action.

Yeah I report most of them, I can understand someone bantering/ranting on pms about the game overall but I report people who use profane language.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time I was tempted to message someone during a game of Tribute was when they used so many Rahjin cards and combos during one of their turns that I was supposed to discard 6 cards at the beginning of my turn, which of course I could not do and the game wouldn't let me discard "just" all 5 of my cards and wouldn't let me end my turn until I discarded 6 cards. This was one of my first PvP matches and it left me completely flustered because I'd never encountered anything like it. I was typing a message to send to my opponent about how the game wouldn't let me proceed when suddenly the stinking timer ran out and ended my turn for me. And then my opponent proceeded to Rahjin my score down to 0 while they racked up a nice big score in the upper 60s (from below 40 to nearly 70 in a single turn). I was so traumatuzed by the match that I tried to add the player to my Ignore list afterward, except I kept getting "Account not found" (presumably because they were in offline mode).

Addendum: By the way, that wasn't in "Ranked" play, it was in so-called "Casual" play, but there was nothing "casual" about it in my eyes. It is just a game, yes; and it really is (despite how some players feel about it) PvP, yes indeed. But that doesn't mean players need to be so downright evilly vicious toward their opponents. That was one of my earliest PvP matches, and left a really bad taste in my mouth. I did get over it eventually, but it helped me understand how some players can get so worked up about getting beaten.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 28, 2022 3:01AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When Tribute came out, I had someone message me because I locked them out with a neat combo they didn't know was possible. Said it was cool, nice message. But people do get salty over card games, even bad ones like this one.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    When Tribute came out, I had someone message me because I locked them out with a neat combo they didn't know was possible. Said it was cool, nice message. But people do get salty over card games, even bad ones like this one.

They get salty over getting beaten, whether it's in a card game or anything else competitive. Each of us just needs to learn to stop taking it so personally and then we can hopefully stop being so salty about it. :)
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

Addendum: By the way, that wasn't in "Ranked" play, it was in so-called "Casual" play, but there was nothing "casual" about it in my eyes.

The bestest players are on casual unranked lol
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

Addendum: By the way, that wasn't in "Ranked" play, it was in so-called "Casual" play, but there was nothing "casual" about it in my eyes.

I did, and still do to an extent, find the word "casual" to be a misleading misnomer for those types of matches. It feels more like seeing a poster advertising a "fun and friendly" poker game, going inside the indicated back-alley doorway to check it out, having the door slammed shut and locked behind you as soon as you set foot inside, and finding that all of your opponents are local big-wigs in organized crime with entourages of gun-toting goons. =8O

But if you're a highly-skilled* ToT player who's looking for more challenging matches, then yes, I'd agree with you that you're likely to find them by choosing "casual" unranked matches.

*I do not agree with players who claim that ToT is a game of pure random luck that does not involve any skill. It absolutely does involve skill, as well as enough familiarity with the patrons and their individual cards to be able to make better decisions about which cards to buy and how best to play them. Yes, luck is a factor. But there is a huge amount of skill involved.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

I did, and still do to an extent, find the word "casual" to be a misleading misnomer for those types of matches. It feels more like seeing a poster advertising a "fun and friendly" poker game, going inside the indicated back-alley doorway to check it out, having the door slammed shut and locked behind you as soon as you set foot inside, and finding that all of your opponents are local big-wigs in organized crime with entourages of gun-toting goons. =8O

But if you're a highly-skilled* ToT player who's looking for more challenging matches, then yes, I'd agree with you that you're likely to find them by choosing "casual" unranked matches.

*I do not agree with players who claim that ToT is a game of pure random luck that does not involve any skill. It absolutely does involve skill, as well as enough familiarity with the patrons and their individual cards to be able to make better decisions about which cards to buy and how best to play them. Yes, luck is a factor. But there is a huge amount of skill involved.

For sure, some matches rng can really make a difference but not always. Some good players who make something out of nothing.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always keep my mail full and have chat either off or in alt window so can only picture how some get when I don't see things and they cant contact me.

But it can get pretty toxic I have ee told and when I check my whisper window
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the approximately 15 competitive matches ive played, ive never once received a message from anyone i played (regardless if they won or lost lol)

i know its a small sample size, mostly because i generally dont play competitive matches (i did so to finish card upgrades lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a couple of players give positive feedback after a good game but only had one person be toxic. Every time I was matched with him he immediately started in on how I had no skill and it was just rng, even though I beat him every time. I just didn't reply.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had very few messages but it's generally been positive. Although one of the nice messages, I didn't respond to because I was really salty. LOL. They were like "wow you did so good! I love close games. You made good choices." And I knew they had won early on just from the cards they got from being player 1 lol. In hindsight, I should have messaged a GG. But, at the time I just deleted the message and moved on to the next match.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 11, 2023 7:31PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @WitchyKiki going to echo a few people in the thread. Please make sure you are reporting instances of harassment. If it helps, please keep a record of a few of the tickets and send them over. We can pass them on to our customer service to make sure they are aware of the tickets and they can investigate from there.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the hundreds of competitive matches I've played I've received a total of one (1) pm and sent zero. The one I received was asking why I conceded a very close game - it was because I had to leave to catch a train.

Kind of a boring post this.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    In the hundreds of competitive matches I've played I've received a total of one (1) pm and sent zero. The one I received was asking why I conceded a very close game - it was because I had to leave to catch a train.

You need to pick Orgnum and Rajhin more, the hate whispers will come :dizzy:
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »

If you find the post boring why did you engage it then? Plenty of posts I ignore on here.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @WitchyKiki going to echo a few people in the thread. Please make sure you are reporting instances of harassment. If it helps, please keep a record of a few of the tickets and send them over. We can pass them on to our customer service to make sure they are aware of the tickets and they can investigate from there.

Thanks for the feedback, I do report it and sometimes I answer to the automated mail i receive with a screenshot.