The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK Duel Build

OBJnoob
OBJnoob
✭✭✭✭✭
My DK (originally stam,) is one of my oldest characters and was the first one I ever had success with. I've decided to dust him off but only for dueling. He doubles as my crafter and antiquities finder so I had to remove some passives from assault/support to have enough skill points. So believe me when I say this will ONLY be used for dueling.

So... DKs are in a good spot obviously and I won't pretend to need any serious help with the class. But I'm basically going to lay out the build for you all and then ask you some kinda noob questions about game mechanics just to be sure I know what I think I know.

Nord DK, hybrid with a mag lean.

Backbar rallying cry, front bar witch knight, maarsalok monster set, 1 pc trainee, pale order ring.

Gonna be a Dot and status effect build. Hoping that templars (purge,) and maras balm users aren't that prevalent in 1v1s.

FB (witch knight sharpened maul,): venomous claw, race against time, cauterize, fossilize, molten whip, DLeap (flame damage/damage shield morph)
BB (rallying cry ice staff, infused): hardened armor, vigor, coag, engulfing flames, weakness to elements, temporal Guard.

Haven't really decided what mundus or food to use yet... Waiting to see what my recoveries look like. I still need to improve and transmute a piece or two, plus I don't have the destro skill line leveled up yet.

So here's my noob questions:
1) my plan is to use an infused weapon damage glyph on the ice staff. I'm hoping the glyph procs off weakness to elements even when I'm on my front bar. Will it?
2) I'm planning on using double dot poisons on my front bar. Do double dot poisons and procs (maarsalok,) return healing via pale order ring?
3) (edited to add one more silly question) maarsalok says it's damage increases by 10% per negative effect the target has on them. I'm unsure what qualifies as a negative effect. Major breach? Poison status effect? Dots? Minor maim? Minor vulnerability? Brittle? A snare effect?
Edited by OBJnoob on December 26, 2022 4:31PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) no
    2) to my knowledge, yes
    3) all of the above

Btw if you want to have a strong dk duel set up, you should really be looking at sets like serpent's disdain
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, are you sure about #1? Did they change the way that works? Does that no longer work with things like poison injection or wall of elements either? I thought that since the flame status effect does damage it would refresh the glyph whenever the status effects are reapplied.

Thanks for the advice on serpents disdain I'll look into it.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Re 1)
    Wall of elements does damage, same thing with endless hail, so it will proc the glyph even if you are on the front bar
    Ele sus doesn't do damage per se, just applies status debuffs (which do damage, but that isn't the ability)
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay. Well that's a big fat bummer. Glad I asked. Glad you answered. Thanks.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Np.
    There are some very powerful sets to pair with serpents disdain. If you think on a deep theorycrafting level, I'm sure you'll come to some stunning realizations
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, just remember to light attack once every 6 seconds one time on your back bar and you'll keep the glyph up!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have seen some DKs make use of the DSA duel wield for buffing blood craze too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014