The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newbie crafting question: do writs accumulate ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In other words: if I lack the time and/or raw materials to complete a writ, will I still be able to add the next day's writs to my quests before finishing today's ?
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you can only have one type of writ quest at a time — one daily alchemy writ, one master alchemy writ, and so on.

I think you can still do complete the writs another day and then pick up the new dailies — effectively doing two sets in one day — but you cannot accumulate them beyond that.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writs are on a predictable cycle, so you can make them in advance, and then pick up and turn in daily from your pool. You need the inventory space to hold them, so not a good tactic for a beginner.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The writs are on a predictable cycle, so you can make them in advance, and then pick up and turn in daily from your pool. You need the inventory space to hold them, so not a good tactic for a beginner.
    I'm leveling up the 7 crafting skill lines, so I can't really rely on any predictable writ cycle, because as I level up the quality and type of materials required in the writs tends to change. Anyway, it's no big deal, I'm getting better at preparing for the daily writs, and continuing to level up.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »
    I'm leveling up the 7 crafting skill lines, so I can't really rely on any predictable writ cycle, because as I level up the quality and type of materials required in the writs tends to change. Anyway, it's no big deal, I'm getting better at preparing for the daily writs, and continuing to level up.

What you can to is pick up todays writs, not do them today then tomorrow do them and then you will be able to pick up tomorrows writs straight after.
    So as long as you grab the writs you can do the crafting for 2 full sets of writs on the next day.
    I do this when I do not have time.

Still don't get too worried if you miss writs it is not a big deal. Just a useful and long lasting rewarding daily that eventually feeds alts.
    in the end game you get to a point that as long as you do writs on X amount of alts for say every day for 6 months, you pretty much never need to farm or need gold mats ever again.
    That is as long as you are not being stupid or selling your mats.