The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quality of Life Account Upgrade!

King_Jude
King_Jude
✭✭✭
Account Upgrade Features
  1. The crownstore should offer an account upgrade that would allow players to Make the following account based rather than player based. The following features will make the game more enjoyable for players with 18 character or more if ZOS decide to increase the limit.
  2. The website allows players to link multiple platform accounts to receive twitch drops on multiple platforms in tandem, however Collectables players have collected should be shared between consoles, such as event collectables, crownstore collectables, and achievement collectables as such should be unlocked through the website if the account is linked.
  3. Skyshards become account based giving all characters + Future characters access to the same skyshards.
  4. Mount Stats become Account based giving all characters + Future characters access to the same mount stats.
  5. Alliance Rank becomes account based giving players more ways to farm the Alliance rank instead of forcing players to play with one build when players have made multiple builds to fit the team dynamics and gameplay. A player could play as a Healer in one scenario, a DPS in another depending on who the player play's with or how the player wants to play.

(This gives players who transfer from one platform to another a fighting chance to catch up while having fun instead of being forced to play with one character.)
  6. The cost of the Account Upgrade perks could be around 20,000 Crowns for the bundle, or possibly 5,000 for each Upgrade Perk.
  7. Character research could become account based where all characters have learned all research traits.
  8. Craft Bag should be able to be bought, even if the craft bag upgrade purchase would cost about 20,000 crowns. Would be worth having without the need of ESO+ however to offset the loss of the craftbag, all crownstore items should be half off all the time to ESO+ Members giving players the incentive to have ESO+. Players already have incentive other than the craft bag such access to DLC.
  9. Crowns should be cheaper to ESO+ Members.
  10. Previous crown crates should be in a constant 12 day circulation in tandem to the current new seasonal crown crates, that way players have ways to re-obtain past content that was missed, or collected on different platforms. Past crown crates would be available more often than once every 2 years or so.
  11. Crownstore Dyes should become collectables once the dye has been bought and used, the dyes should be able to be learned for later use which would give players unlimited access to dye colors the player purchased, and would give the option to be applied to outfits/weapons other than just costumes/hats.
  12. Furnishing plans, and recipes, should become account based collectables so that players shouldn't have to keep swapping characters to create what the player has already learned on one character. (It's understood how this specific feature would be a debate.)

[Edited title for spam]
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 20, 2022 5:26PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of the entire list the only things that even remotely make sense are the crown dyes, and i also agree with the mount upgrades cause the current system is dumb and wont let me max out the mount in 1 go

i dont really see any of the other things happening, and for many many reasons that im sure have been brought up before, especially the craft bag one
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • King_Jude
    King_Jude
    ✭✭✭
    out of the entire list the only things that even remotely make sense are the crown dyes, and i also agree with the mount upgrades cause the current system is dumb and wont let me max out the mount in 1 go

i dont really see any of the other things happening, and for many many reasons that im sure have been brought up before, especially the craft bag one

Honestly, I don't see why not because it's not like it cost zos to distribute crowns as it's a digital currency that they create, then on top of that, it would result in zos making more money cause more people would buy, and it would invite more players to the game overall.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King_*** wrote: »

Honestly, I don't see why not because it's not like it cost zos to distribute crowns as it's a digital currency that they create, then on top of that, it would result in zos making more money cause more people would buy, and it would invite more players to the game overall.

so your thinking zos would go with a 1 time purchase over repeated purchases that you have to make on every character, that is not how a business thinks lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing here I agree with, and it should have happened with account wide achievements, is making the alliance ranking account wide.
  • King_Jude
    King_Jude
    ✭✭✭
    King_*** wrote: »

so your thinking zos would go with a 1 time purchase over repeated purchases that you have to make on every character, that is not how a business thinks lol

Absolutely, because plenty of players don't make those purposes, but it's a way to entice those players to buy crown in bulk to do it where they wouldn't have bought crowns at all.

So there is a trade off, and players would still have the option to buy repeatedly especially if they don't have the funds to buy that much crowns at once.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think there's probably logistic reasons more things aren't shared across servers and platforms, though I agree it'd be much more customer friendly if they were.

I agree about mount training and alliance rank. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what got shared when AWA was implemented. Go all in, if you're going to do it, I say.

Definitely agree about dyes. I'd consider paying to unlock dyes permanently (if it were reasonably priced). I won't ever buy one time use consumable dye stamps that can't even be used on outfits.

I'd prefer to one time purchase the craft bag but they're not going to give up their golden goose. 🤣
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • King_Jude
    King_Jude
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's probably logistic reasons more things aren't shared across servers and platforms, though I agree it'd be much more customer friendly if they were.

I agree about mount training and alliance rank. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what got shared when AWA was implemented. Go all in, if you're going to do it, I say.

Definitely agree about dyes. I'd consider paying to unlock dyes permanently (if it were reasonably priced). I won't ever buy one time use consumable dye stamps that can't even be used on outfits.

I'd prefer to one time purchase the craft bag but they're not going to give up their golden goose. 🤣

I can understand basic items and characters, but collections for your account should be paired with your account on the website tbh. I feel they can do it that way. Maybe have a collections list on the website that's paired between your accounts on all platforms. So whatever you unlock on one platform, you unlock on them all as all accounts are linked to the site.

I heavily agree!

There's a dye in July 4th that I always buy if I run out. It's the best red, white, and blue in the game. Lol but I just wish it would unlock permanently. Sigh...

Lol know but a man could dream can't he!? 😅