The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone successfully farmed the Big-eared Ginger Kitten pet?

• NhytFahl
    NhytFahl
    ✭✭
    As of 23:23 on 27 Dec 2022, I have spent three 6-8 hour days in the dungeon trying unsuccessfully to farm the last part I need, the Big Eared Ginger Kitten's Milk Saucer.

I can't find it anywhere on any of the guild traders I've tried, either.

This is even more frustrating than Destiny not dropping me a Gjallarhorn until two weeks after it was deprecated.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I bought it off guild traders on all my accounts years back now. Cheap too, I think each piece wasn't more than 10k gold. But maybe no one runs Karnwasten much any more?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NhytFahl wrote: »
    As of 23:23 on 27 Dec 2022, I have spent three 6-8 hour days in the dungeon trying unsuccessfully to farm the last part I need, the Big Eared Ginger Kitten's Milk Saucer.
    I can't find it anywhere on any of the guild traders I've tried, either.

@NhytFahl What platform are you on? Have you tried searching for the missing part here?
    https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

On PC EU, for example, parts are at the moment available for about 10k to 20k gold each.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NhytFahl, if you're on PC NA then I have one you're welcome to.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed a few years ago and met someone in karnwasten also farming. we traded bits we had. then it was a couple more weeks but yes on NA I got the kitten.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but very frustrating, but I farmed all the elements in the end. Now it is Ember's pet and goes everywhere with Ember, not with anyone else. It is even on Ember's bed.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, only had the persistence to farm about 1/3 of it, the rest I either got from my friend who had duplicates or bought from guild stores. They were cheap so it was a much better deal than paying with my time.
    Edited by amig186 on December 28, 2022 9:55AM
    PC EU
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I only have one scaly cloth scrap, and but a handful of husk bits.

Yeah I farmed cloth scraps for three hours and got zero drops. Not wasting time on that again.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thepeug wrote: »
    Decided to try to get this one for fun, but the RNG is just brutal! I got one drop during my first ten minutes in Karnwasten, but have gotten absolutely nothing in the five hours since (I've been farming in here while queuing for group dungeons).

Given the exceedingly low drop-rate of the necessary pieces, I'm wondering if any of you had the persistence (and the insanity!) to farm the whole thing. :D

yes

and the grind is real --- but no where near as bad as the grind for the leads for the dwarven scarab in bthar-nelz or whatever its called in the reach. that one was horrible
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. After farming for hours I successfully managed to buy all the pieces from the guild stores.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've farmed the Sixth House Robe, Grisly Mummy Tabby, and Peryite Skeevemaster costume but I'm almost confident any of those public dungeon fragments have drop cooldowns so I haven't bothered getting any others.

Older public dungeons only needed 7 unique fragments and then they switched to 10 generic fragments in Elsweyr, but after that they started requiring 50 fragments (presumably on long cooldowns) for some infuriating reason. At least those older public dungeons don't require the stupid 50 fragments that newer ones do.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've farmed 3-4 for myself and buddies. It's easier if you know people that are also looking for it so that you can trade dupes.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨