Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where to find Druidic Furnishing Plans?

CGPsaint
CGPsaint
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been farming for Druidic furnishing plans. I've looted hundreds upon hundreds of containers in Maltheo's bedroom and have only managed to grab a couple of green plans. Is it really that low of a drop rate or did they nerf this farming spot? Anywhere else I should be trying to get these plans?
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive gotten some from the volcanic vents in galen, and the galen daily boxes

they are definitely uncommon from the galen daily boxes, only gotten a few out of the near 30 of each dailies ive done

havent excessively farmed the vents, but its also pretty hit or miss there too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones from the volcanic vents are labeled “Firesong” but there are also ones labeled “Druidic” of which I have yet to see a single one.

I know they exist because I have seen them in guild traders.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have got only couple blues and never see a purple one - there is reason why they cost millions on guild stores.

If you want to farm the only way is to look for containers - best one are these without stealing because stealing loot lower chances for recipes (there are too many things in loot table). Problem is that in Galen there is no place with really many containers in one place, so farming is difficult and prices are high.
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on December 7, 2022 5:59PM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galen is the new Murkmire.

Why does ZOS keep doing this to us housing enthusiasts?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same reason that they keep releasing overpowered broken Mythics. They reel players in and then nerfs come. I've always wondered why ZOS bothered putting certain things in game if they didn't want people to be able to obtain them reasonably. I've farmed for over 100 hours for Ayleid furnishing plans and have never seen a purple plan. I've farmed well over 75 hours for Dwarven furnishing plans without pulling a purple plan, and then I randomly pulled on from an urn at the Undaunted Enclave. It just doesn't make sense. I'm missing a couple of purple Ayleid, a couple of purple Dwarven, a couple of purple Vampiric, and of course the new Druidic plans, but honestly I'm getting to the point where I would just rather play something else, because after 7 years of farming it just isn't fun anymore.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

The same reason that they keep releasing overpowered broken Mythics. They reel players in and then nerfs come. I've always wondered why ZOS bothered putting certain things in game if they didn't want people to be able to obtain them reasonably. I've farmed for over 100 hours for Ayleid furnishing plans and have never seen a purple plan. I've farmed well over 75 hours for Dwarven furnishing plans without pulling a purple plan, and then I randomly pulled on from an urn at the Undaunted Enclave. It just doesn't make sense. I'm missing a couple of purple Ayleid, a couple of purple Dwarven, a couple of purple Vampiric, and of course the new Druidic plans, but honestly I'm getting to the point where I would just rather play something else, because after 7 years of farming it just isn't fun anymore.

I agree. I just wait until I have enough gold to buy what I need lately. Too much time wasted farming containers for nothing.

I managed to get some purple Dwarven plans (the old ones) in the Reach, they drop along with the newer Markarth plans, or at least they did when the zone was fairly new.

I like farming the plans and selling duplicates to buy the ones I need, but lately - meaning the last couple of years - my luck has been so poor. I spent the last event buying up all the purple Vampiric plans I did not have, that cost me a few million gold. I just cannot get purple Vampiric drops from Harrowstorms on my toons. I don’t even get the document pouches most of the time. When I do, they are full of garbage.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent the last event buying up all the purple Vampiric plans I did not have, that cost me a few million gold. I just cannot get purple Vampiric drops from Harrowstorms on my toons. I don’t even get the document pouches most of the time. When I do, they are full of garbage.

I spent 6.3 million buying purple vamp plans and didn't even get them all but decided to stop spending so much gold on them for now. I got the ones I wanted most and I'll buy the rest next event.

Edited by SpiritKitten on December 9, 2022 5:14AM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent the last event buying up all the purple Vampiric plans I did not have, that cost me a few million gold. I just cannot get purple Vampiric drops from Harrowstorms on my toons. I don’t even get the document pouches most of the time. When I do, they are full of garbage.

I spent 6.3 million buying purple vamp plans and didn't even get them all but decided to stop spending so much gold on them for now. I got the ones I wanted most and I'll buy the rest next event.

I managed to pull 3 purple Vampiric plans from pouches during the Harrowstorm event, but I also destroyed more Harrowstorms than I care to admit. I also scored 2 purple Vampiric plans from a trader for around 20K each, so that definitely helped. Even still, it boggles my mind that ZOS continues to make it so difficult to get some of these plans. They make a big deal talking about new goodies in the patch notes, and then the other shoe drops and we find out that the drop rates are just plain rubbish. It's disheartening and is one of the reasons that I'm playing less and less.

Edited by CGPsaint on December 10, 2022 12:38AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I spent about 3-4 mil and I got all the ones I could find in traders, so hopefully I am done.

I am on console so the only way to know for sure is manually looking them all up and comparing to a website list, which is error prone at best.

I guess they will never have purple Vampiric random furnishing plan envelopes from the master writ guy, not sure why. If they did they’d probably make them mixed like other zones and pollute the mix with worthless blue plans.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update from my post on December 4th. I've been farming containers in Maltheo's on 3 different characters and maxing out their fencing/laundering each day. Green Druidic plans are dropping 1-2 per character per day. Blue Druidic plans are dropping maybe 1-2 times per day across the 3 characters. Purple Druidic... just 1 single purple since I started farming at the beginning of December. I also managed to snag a single Galen treasure map out of a wardrobe, so there is that. The drop rates for blue and purple are beyond ridiculous and just another example of how out of touch ZOS is with it's player base. I'm going to finish leveling my Legerdemain on my characters and will then be throwing in the towel on Druidic plans. ZOS can keep them.
    Edited by CGPsaint on December 14, 2022 12:20AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found green plans for really cheap in guild traders so I just bought them all up.

That’s all the Druidic plans I have so far, lol.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update from my post on December 4th. I've been farming containers in Maltheo's on 3 different characters and maxing out their fencing/laundering each day. Green Druidic plans are dropping 1-2 per character per day. Blue Druidic plans are dropping maybe 1-2 times today across the 3 characters. Purple Druidic... just 1 single purple since I started farming at the beginning of December. I also managed to snag a single Galen treasure map out of a wardrobe, so there is that. The drop rates for blue and purple are beyond ridiculous and just another example of how out of touch ZOS is with it's player base. I'm going to finish leveling my Legerdemain on my characters and will then be throwing in the towel on Druidic plans. ZOS can keep them.

Well, it's not like we have a house or inn to put them in on Galen. What's the point of having so many plans when only a few people can get them? Stopped chasing plans with the terrible drop rates. Grind to grind in not fun engaging game play. Have yet to get a single Galen map.

Stay safe :)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Grind to grind in not fun engaging game play.

Something that the folks at ZOS don't seem to comprehend. I'm still slowly but surely trying to get the remaining leads for the Ancestral Daedric motif pages, but Deadland treasure maps are also on a really low drop rate, and traders are quite barren except for people asking 50K-100K per map. I got a Deadlands map out of a Thieves Trove yesterday and almost seized...
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they must have nerfed the vamp plans --- when they first came out i was pulling two a day from the public dungeon in blackreach --- there are hundreds of lootable containers there --- have run it twice a day for the last month and none

also spent 5 hours in mattheo's house across three characters yesterday --- pulled 6 green plans and 2 blues -- havent pulled a purple yet
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they must have nerfed the vamp plans --- when they first came out i was pulling two a day from the public dungeon in blackreach --- there are hundreds of lootable containers there --- have run it twice a day for the last month and none

also spent 5 hours in mattheo's house across three characters yesterday --- pulled 6 green plans and 2 blues -- havent pulled a purple yet

Let me save you the wasted time. I've probably farmed over 25 hours in the past two weeks in Maltheo's and have only pulled a single purple Druidic plan. In a way, I'm glad because it's just one more push towards playing other games that feel more rewarding and enjoyable to play.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I used to farm that public dungeon almost every day for months. I got a few purples there at first but like you said later the drops were pretty much non-existent.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: So since the day that Galen dropped, I've pulled new purples plans three times (2 Druidic, 2 new High Isle). Since looting the last of those 4 purple plans, I've fenced 1260 green/blue treasures (and still have over 1000 more in my inventory waiting to be to be laundered) without looting another Druidic or new High Isle purple plan. I have however looted 5 purple plans from base zones (1 Wood Elf, 1 High Elf, 1 Khajiit, 2 Orcish) which leads me to believe that either the Druidic/High Isle plan drop rate was nerfed, or was at least watered down with base plans. Either way, my grind has concluded and I'll just do without the new plans. Nice job ZOS and yet another ridiculous grind that will only serve to frustrate players.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have since managed to pull one high isle plan i didnt know.

i have also pulled three base game purple plans.

and i alternate between mattheo's house and some other house near the docks that has three rooms but only two npc's to kill.

• Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't think of any rationale for making a low drop rate other then a mistaken belief it incentives longer contact/playtime. But the droprate is too too low for that- only the dedicated will persevere as you all have. Anyone else would give up and move on.

Leaves me wondering is this is some server room nonsense.

The whole approach to housing in firesong has been to play down the enthusiasm and demand for this side of the game. I think it's interesting, given the new ESO rivals invest in providing housing. You'd think zos would be trying to be competitive.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »

The whole approach to housing in firesong has been to play down the enthusiasm and demand for this side of the game. I think it's interesting, given the new ESO rivals invest in providing housing. You'd think zos would be trying to be competitive.

new rivals?

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    I can't think of any rationale for making a low drop rate other then a mistaken belief it incentives longer contact/playtime. But the droprate is too too low for that- only the dedicated will persevere as you all have. Anyone else would give up and move on.

Not sure what the rational is, but this is just another reason that ZOS has given me to play ESO less and less. Was showing a guild mate some places to farm because they're a masochist and can't afford to buy the plans, and low and behold I pulled another base High Elf plan. It's mind boggling. "Hey guys and gals! We added new furnishing plans to the game, and if you're willing to farm for 250 hours, then you can have them!" Pass. I'll be logging in to help out friends, but other than that I'll be working through my backlog of better games.
  • ValkyrieVega

Hi CGP!! It's Jokerbunni . I've been playing 7 years myself and I used to have somewhat of a decent rng. Not as blessed as some people, but I did ok when it came to looting containers. Pickpocketing though.. Forget it. Never have gotten even a blue one and I've been trying since Murkmire. I can't even get them from stolen containers. And since somewhere in the middle of the Blackwood release my rng tanked. My last good farming spot was the public dungeon Nchuthnkarst in Western Skyrim (purple/blue/green older Dwarven plans, Solitude, and Vampiric plans in here) That one house in Blackwood was hit or miss for Leyawiin plans. Farming plans was fun for me as I know it was for many. I don't understand why ZOS wants to take that away. People farm other things too, and they don't stop that. I took have had to resort to buying from these players that have much better rng... consistently better rng. But sadly, this has lessened my enjoyment of the game, I don't play like I used to now and this is a huge reason why.
    P.S. Never got a purple Ayleid, Khajiit Enchanted Brazier, or Daedric Fence plan either guys.
    May bright moons light your paths!!
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi CGP!! It's Jokerbunni . I've been playing 7 years myself and I used to have somewhat of a decent rng. Not as blessed as some people, but I did ok when it came to looting containers. Pickpocketing though.. Forget it. Never have gotten even a blue one and I've been trying since Murkmire. I can't even get them from stolen containers. And since somewhere in the middle of the Blackwood release my rng tanked. My last good farming spot was the public dungeon Nchuthnkarst in Western Skyrim (purple/blue/green older Dwarven plans, Solitude, and Vampiric plans in here) That one house in Blackwood was hit or miss for Leyawiin plans. Farming plans was fun for me as I know it was for many. I don't understand why ZOS wants to take that away. People farm other things too, and they don't stop that. I took have had to resort to buying from these players that have much better rng... consistently better rng. But sadly, this has lessened my enjoyment of the game, I don't play like I used to now and this is a huge reason why.
    P.S. Never got a purple Ayleid, Khajiit Enchanted Brazier, or Daedric Fence plan either guys.
    May bright moons light your paths!!

Hey there @ValkyrieVega / Jokerbunni! If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw recently that you dropped a bunch of the Vvardenfell paintings and a Triptych on one of your Mournhold traders! I contemplated putting some of my hard earned gold in your pocket, but have decided to try my hand at farming them myself. 4-5 days in and I've found just one small painting thus far! Some people may think it's crazy, but for those of us who have farmed for as long as we have, I can say with a high degree of certainty that ZOS has been slowing tanking drop rates on certain items over the years. Druidic is a good example. The plans dropped fairly well for the first few weeks, but then I'm certain that they both lowered the drop rate and also watered the drops down with old vanilla drops. Either way, hit me up in-game some time. I'd love to chat with you about our nefarious past times!