The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Auto Loot, Treasure Chests and Harvest Nodes

QuietOne
QuietOne
I had spent most of my time in ESO without knowing Auto Loot even existed, until about 2 years ago when a friend had told me about it when I took too long looting after a dungeon. I've seen many times people complaining in zone about people half-looting treasure chests or even harvest nodes. I wish that there was an auto loot option similar to how quest rewards work; that you can't claim it unless you have the inventory space... to settle the issue overall, having it so you cannot loot treasure chests or harvest nodes unless you have the adequate bag space so they can respawn for others and have fair drop chances for everyone.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, the not-entirely looted chests do respawn after a few minutes.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling trash or deconning gear is a constant thing in this game. Or farming gold to buy bag space....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another option to change the way treasure chests are looted, which I'm not sure anyone has proposed, or if they did, I couldn't find it in the forum:

When you loot a treasure chest without using auto-loot, you take the items you want, then when you exit the loot dialogue, the chest despawns. In other words, if you skip taking some items, you get no second chances to take them. This, I think, is a fair approach, because it doesn't force other players to wait for the longer respawn time for a partly-looted chest.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not fair at all because sometimes you're interrupted while / before looting or you need to bank a treasure map.
    In addition, chests already despawn even when they're only partially looted.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    No, it's not fair at all because sometimes you're interrupted while / before looting or you need to bank a treasure map.
    In addition, chests already despawn even when they're only partially looted.

They do despawn, but I’ve run across more than my fair share of half-looted ones. I don’t want other players’ garbage after they take out the good stuff.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA