The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any houses that have hidden/secret rooms like Bastion Sanguinaris?

Ug1uk
Ug1uk
Soul Shriven
I really like the secret room accessed from the fireplace in Bastion Sanguinaris and am wondering if any other houses have something similar? Doesn't have to be to the level of a secret fireplace but just hidden areas in general. Can't seem to find anything on Google.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    They may not be an obvious "secret" to the point where it's marketed like Bastion is, but there are many homes that have an area not originally intended for building but are still accessible. A lot of older homes have their own nooks you wouldn't normally think to build in. I've made my fair share of attics within the triangular roofs.

Earthtear has a "room" you can build up to within the temple. I did something with it once because I thought it was very cool. There are also ledges up high that are traversable that you wouldn't think is accessible.

Daggerfall Overlook has a "secret" trapdoor that plops you in the ocean. You could make a custom room or lead to an escape boat or something.

Hakkvild's High Hall has a trapdoor and a door to the second floor that isn't super obvious. Always been fond of it.

Colossal Aldmeri Grotto and I think Seaveil Spire both have accessible shipwrecked boats you can climb into, just have to build to them.

Jode's Embrace has the portal to another realm.

Agony's Ascent and Highhallow Hold have ladders that go to another room/area.

That's just off the top of my head.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also make a hidden room yourself. I enjoy those greatly. Both to make and discover in others houses.

They can be done in various ways. Either place things so a path/door is not easily seen or might require some jumping. Or if you want it to be something you enter, you can make a bit of a custom build in one of the many houses that got an outside+house (so there's a door). Then place things around or on the door so it gets hidden but still interactable and use that as the secret room entrance.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reach home has secret way out behind the waterfall IIRC.
    Edit:
    There‘s also a small cave behind the waterfall in the Wrothgar smithy home I think, and there‘s a cave in the garden of Potentate‘s Retreat.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on December 29, 2022 12:09PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=