Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New TOT Bug - Getting Knocked Out of the TOT Match by Addons

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This has happened twice now where activating an addon via key press has caused my character to leave a TOT instance and go back to the main world. Skills aren't usable, menues aren't viewable, and objects aren't usable. Bug is fixable be relogging, but getting knocked out of a TOT match does unfortunately count as a loss. Not crying over this like I do somethings (grand larceny/pounce), but it would be nice for addons to not be able to knock us out of matches.
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see that as a bug, but rather a consequence of activating an add-on in the middle of a match.
    PCNA
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of UI interactions end your ToT match if you try to access them once the game has started - chat window, mailbox etc. Don't expect add-ons with UI actions to be any different.

Also, those symptoms (cannot use actions, menus on exit) sound a lot like what happens when you try to play with an add-on that has put of date dependencies. Make sure all you libraries are up to date as well.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    A lot of UI interactions end your ToT match if you try to access them once the game has started - chat window, mailbox etc. Don't expect add-ons with UI actions to be any different.

Actually my chat window does still function and I often chat with friends while playing. It just minimizes when we enter a game but can be opened again without interfering with the match.
    PCNA
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see that as a bug, but rather a consequence of activating an add-on in the middle of a match.

As I wrote, "Skills aren't usable, menues aren't viewable, and objects aren't usable." Do you see that as normal?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they make that a feature to make it harder to use an add-on to cheat.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I second that notion.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 26, 2022 1:29AM
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is there actually one already?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is an add-on mentioned in this thread that I hope is not allowed.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/623333/suggestion-automated-tales-of-tribute-gameplay-option/p1
    Edited by SilverBride on December 26, 2022 5:54AM
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/623333/suggestion-automated-tales-of-tribute-gameplay-option/p1

I remember that mention about development but that's not even public yet as far as I'm aware.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember that mention about development but that's not even public yet as far as I'm aware.

I don't think it should be. We asked for clarification but no one replied.
    PCNA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sounded like "assistant" more of and zos would need to update tos for some edge cases as currently it's virtually the same as addons showing mechanics and alerting/suggesting actions to take. If tot even a feature they'll continue to expand and develop going forward.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounded like "assistant" more of and zos would need to update tos for some edge cases as currently it's virtually the same as addons showing mechanics and alerting/suggesting actions to take. If tot even a feature they'll continue to expand and develop going forward.

Things like this are why less and less people are playing ToT any more.
    PCNA
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you mean ranked PvP matches?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If add-on isn't made public I doubt that one or two players testing it made a shift for card players. Pretty sure most abandoned it after getting all achievements or furnishings so it's kinda logical that there's nothing else to do for ones who not interested in the game itself, so they move along.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If add-on isn't made public I doubt that one or two players testing it made a shift for card players. Pretty sure most abandoned it after getting all achievements or furnishings so it's kinda logical that there's nothing else to do for ones who not interested in the game itself, so they move along.

So we should accept others cheating to get rewards they didn't really earn because once they get what they want they will stop and move on? No, that is not acceptable.
    PCNA