The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannotr open chests on just one character

Tantala
Tantala
✭✭✭
I have a lvl 33 dragonknight who consistently cannot interract with chests - the option to attempt to open them is greyed out. Swapping to another character I can then open the chest without problem. any ideas on why just one char should be handicapped in this way?

(Playing on EU PC)
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 26, 2023 3:10PM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you mean open or attempting to pick a lock? Because you need a lockpick in your inventory for the later.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are probably out of lockpicks on that character. It's an easy fix to go buy or farm more. ^^
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Arrgh - if I didn't have a bad leg I'd kick myself in the posterior.

Yup, no lockpicks so I've picked up a bundle of 200 from the 800+ in the bank.

I wonder how long it would have taken me to figure that out ... probably I would have looted some picks and then thought I'd been experiencing some sort of transient bug.

Thanks guys.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update on your issue with opening chests. As the OP has found their lockpicks and can now proceed, we will go ahead and close the thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.