The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashes since Maintenance

Sir_Gentleman777
Sir_Gentleman777
✭✭✭
Since yesterday i experience constant crashes after the maintenance. I don't even have to do anything and just stand there and look pretty. I disabled all Add-Ons, game still crashes. Went into nSS and nCR and crashed multiple times. Today i went into vMOL with my guild and crashed constantly. This is worse than living with the block bug. What is going on? I had to leave the trial and basically the game is unplayable. I verified the local files, everything fine apprently so i opted for a complete fresh install. But this can't be it. I am loosing all confidence and trust in ZOS that they can maintain a playable game. With every patch the situation gets worse and worse.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 3, 2023 5:47PM
  • prenominal
    prenominal
    Soul Shriven
    I'm surprised there's not more threads regarding this or more replies to yours. I've been experiencing the same thing in the same time frame. Disabled addons, like you, and I'll receive ESO error screen for something as simple as moving the camera around.
  • eric1961
    eric1961
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Done everything suggested and no luck.
  • Belzog
    Belzog
    ✭✭
    Same here, tried for a couple of hours yesterday, sometimes I can log in without getting errors (mostly 200), but when I can the game stutters and I crash within 1-3 minutes. The issue persists today as well. Tried repairing and all other things of course, no clue what can be wrong unfortunately.
  • prenominal
    prenominal
    Soul Shriven
    Any ZOS staff have any updates?
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    I had “your game is corrupted please delete and reinstall” I did so 3 times, the third time I left it on sleep mode (doubt that helped) and deleted old games to make sure there was enough room for the game to use. So delete and reinstall overnight, deleted those games you’ll never play and it should be fine.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Sir_Gentleman777
    Sir_Gentleman777
    ✭✭✭
    I had “your game is corrupted please delete and reinstall” I did so 3 times, the third time I left it on sleep mode (doubt that helped) and deleted old games to make sure there was enough room for the game to use. So delete and reinstall overnight, deleted those games you’ll never play and it should be fine.

That happens if the process doesn't end and still runs in the background. You can either kill it with the task manager or by rebooting. And no, deleting other games does not influence the crashes. They have no relation, unless a game developer would be so stupid to replace certain system DLLs or starts game processes when Windows boots. It would be like saying if you take a full jerry can out of your cars boot, the car runs better. The same idiocy with cleaning your temp folder and cache. This is said only by people who don't know how an OS works.
  • gward39b16_ESO2
    Mine also crashing. Just instantly kicked from the game for no apparent reason. removed all add-ons. any ideas would be helpful. Able to log in to the game immediately after crash but crashes unexpectedly.
  • Sir_Gentleman777
    Sir_Gentleman777
    ✭✭✭
    Mine also crashing. Just instantly kicked from the game for no apparent reason. removed all add-ons. any ideas would be helpful. Able to log in to the game immediately after crash but crashes unexpectedly.

How did you remove the add ons? Deleted them completely or just disabled them?

If you just disabled them either go and delete them completely or create a backup by moving the add on folder to a safe location, the same you do with the saved variables folder. re-create empty folders. Start your game and go through the initial TOS and whatever else. The ZOS specific configuration files will be newly setup. and you should have 3 files now in Saved variables. Test if the crashes persist. If yes check the game files if on steam and let steam do its magic to repair them. Check again if crashes persist. If yes completely delete the game from your PC and make sure that nothing is left. Then re-install.

Unfortunately the safest way is to re-install each add-on afresh. But that is also a good option to clean your add-ons and get rid of the ones you don't really need.

And the final question: Is your game just crashing or did or does this start to happen right after maintenance?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had 4 crashes to login playing overland ToT.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sir_Gentleman777

Are you still running into crashing issues while playing ESO?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post