The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crown Store Sales late Dec?

Cryptor
Cryptor
✭✭✭
This will sound weird, even though I have been playing since 2014 I never really had a lot of crows that I could spend. This year I received a year of ESO plus as an early xmas gift and now have 20k crowns. I would love to get so many things, including the ragpicker and armory NPC but they are 5k crowns each, which seems absurdly high. I was wondering if ESO has any significant sales during xmas?
Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do, but it's not the items that go on sale, it's the Crowns. So they will still cost you the same unless what you are looking for is to purchase more Crowns. Hope that makes sense.

Edited to add: Sometimes items do go on sale, but it seems more random than, for example, having a lot of items go on sale for Christmas. Just basing this all on past personal experience.
    Edited by Livvy on December 13, 2022 1:22AM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last years were pretty late December.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptor wrote: »
    This will sound weird, even though I have been playing since 2014 I never really had a lot of crows that I could spend. This year I received a year of ESO plus as an early xmas gift and now have 20k crowns. I would love to get so many things, including the ragpicker and armory NPC but they are 5k crowns each, which seems absurdly high. I was wondering if ESO has any significant sales during xmas?

Sometimes they discount items in the store, like assistants, but it's random and you have to keep an eye out. Though the discounts are usually not big, usually 10-15%.
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, everyone! @Jaimeh @xclassgaming @Livvy
    I ended up purchasing both of the assistants in question (ragpicker & armory) and man oh man did it hurt to spend 10k crowns on only two assistants :( I will keep the remaining crowns until the sale in late Dec.
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like Xbox NA is having its sale now.
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭

tyvm, looked at the sale but I have not say that I am... not terribly thrilled at which items are on sale and what the discounts are. and that's putting it politely.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tyvm, looked at the sale but I have not say that I am... not terribly thrilled at which items are on sale and what the discounts are. and that's putting it politely.

Can agree. But I usually get a pack now so I don’t need them later and have to buy when they’re off sale.
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭

Can agree. But I usually get a pack now so I don’t need them later and have to buy when they’re off sale.

I had 20k crowns for a year sub I just got. Personally, I prefer to secure things that make my gaming experience first, before fluff, so I got: Ragpicker + Armory Assistant (already had banker & merchant assistants) + 2x 60 slot chests for the house (now have a total of three) + 2x Armory slots + 1x crate lol
    Edited by Cryptor on December 16, 2022 2:29PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steam just started their ESO Crowns sale, with (in my opinion) fairly decent discounts too.
    Edited by vsrs_au on December 23, 2022 2:12AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390