The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Important Desired Housing Features!

King_Jude
King_Jude
✭✭✭
Player Housing
  1. Player's should be able to edit housing spawn points from when first entering the home making player's spawn at the host's desired location giving more housing freedom with builds.

2. Player's should be able to get working Wayshrine furniture in the player homes of the various styles to be able to fast travel to any wayshrine free. (Same concept of Eyevea where player's can use the wayshrine to travel out, but not back too Eyevea as that location forces players to use the portal from the mages guild to travel back.)

3. Player's should have the ability to create portals leading various locations in the player's home. (Example, the crafting area of guild halls with established attunable stations, DPS parsing rooms with training dummies, etc.)

4. Similar to how the Hourglass works, player's should have the ability to choose which desired sky the player would like at any home with access to the outside. For example Artaeum sky, Harrowstorm, Oblivion sky, Dark anchor similar to above the Imperial City, dragon encounters, and new editions without the NPC spawns.

5. Player's should be able to get scenery effects for their homes depending on the homes itself of course. For example, player's should be able to get Horrowstorms effects in their house covering their sky along with the lightning effects that works and damages the player.

6. Player's should have access to housing alters for Re-spec for skills/morphs, attributes, Shrine of Mara, Vampire/Werewolf Shrines that you could add to your home's and offer player's bites without having to manually travel to their particular locations if they choose not too. Possibly even enter and start the quest from those shrines as well.

7. Player's should also be able to buy the feature to have the Golden Vender as well as the Luxury vender appear at a set location at a player house if they choose too!

8. Player's should be able to purchase a writ turn in NPC, that works for all types of writs, master writs, daily writs, and holiday event writs. Making writ turn's not a back & forth endeavor.

9. Player's should be able to purchase the Manor of Revelry realm/house/yard included located near the Reverly wayshrine in Cold Harbor.
    (Near the Relvery Wayshrine, the nearest quest marker allows player to enter the realm once the quest has started. Players who have completed the quest can enter the realm, but not the house unless paired with a player currently progressing through the quest who's reached the point of entering.)

10. Players housing limit should be increased to 1000-2000. Player's who have collected all 294 Attuneable crafting stations, would no longer be forced to sacrifice detailed decorations for features.

11. Player's trophy limit should obviously be raised. Currently all trophies/bust can be collected but unable to be placed all at once for display of accomplishments.

12. Player's special furnishings limit should be raised.
    (An example, purchasing 13 Replica Cursed Orbs of Meridia just to place in the mundus stones for a great visual effect as well color coding Mundus Stones in a great way to set them apart from one another. Also purchasing great crownstore statues, such as dragons, crowncrate effects such as rifts ect, are counted as special furnishings forcing players to choose between which item to set even though the player has purchased all of the stated special furnishings.)

13. Grand Chest Coffers should be available for purchase for player housing that hold up to 500 items.

14. Player's should have access to Player housing furniture bag that stores all collected/created furnishing however this feature should require ESO+ making Eso plus more worth it. Also a possible crownstore upgrade purchase.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like a lot of these but I especially love ideas #1, #3 & #4

3 & 4 Would be so helpful for executing so many build ideas being able to select your spawn and make teleports to different parts of the house. Not just for shortcuts, but also things like hidden & exclusive rooms similar to the Archmage's Tower in the Arcane University in TES4: Oblivion.

4 I like a lot because I've always been a fan of the idea of Pocket Realm houses. Shalidor's Shrouded Realm is neat but never liked the Nordic theme and the tower there that much.

Would be cool to be able to have a pocket realm like Shalidor's Shrouded realm but in any house of your choosing.
  • King_Jude
    King_Jude
    ✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    I like a lot of these but I especially love ideas #1, #3 & #4

3 & 4 Would be so helpful for executing so many build ideas being able to select your spawn and make teleports to different parts of the house. Not just for shortcuts, but also things like hidden & exclusive rooms similar to the Archmage's Tower in the Arcane University in TES4: Oblivion.

4 I like a lot because I've always been a fan of the idea of Pocket Realm houses. Shalidor's Shrouded Realm is neat but never liked the Nordic theme and the tower there that much.

Would be cool to be able to have a pocket realm like Shalidor's Shrouded realm but in any house of your choosing.

I'm glad you like the ideas, it's refreshing to get some positive feedback verses some of the other forums that were posted. Lol Yeah oblivion had some good portals and features that are missed in ESO, Skyrim had a nice feature where you could obtain and dress your Mannequin's in the gear you've collected. ESO needs that feature for sure.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayshrine fees are an important coin sink for the economy. So, no player housing shouldn't bypass that fee entirely.

Players shouldn't be able to skip going to town for writs. That's an important task that in which players are able to interact with others in the zone.

They cannot increase player furnishing limits due to low end PCs and last gen consoles.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 22, 2022 11:36AM
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    the idea with the wayshrines are nice, that would make more houses "buyable". Since noones wants to run 5 miles to the next wayshrine..
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy the ability to place down more items.

Hopefully they can improve this with the new hardware coming.

700 items on a huge lot is nothing. I can spend 700 items on building a castle and landscape without any decor in it.
  • King_Jude
    King_Jude
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Wayshrine fees are an important coin sink for the economy. So, no player housing shouldn't bypass that fee entirely.

Players shouldn't be able to skip going to town for writs. That's an important task that in which players are able to interact with others in the zone.

They cannot increase player furnishing limits due to low end PCs and last gen consoles.

I've never interacted with another player while doing writs, I don't even see players talk in that area tbh. I don't believe skipping town would be such a big deal as players would still interact with other players in town if that's what they want to do.

Last gen consoles are an issue, can't wait till those get phased out.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post