Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MiniMap by Fyrakin, is not working for me.

MacLayden
MacLayden
Thanks for any help in getting it to work.
r6oc7srxicj3.png
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    try updating it. mine works
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    1 Use my maintained version: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3384-MiniMapbyFyrakinMasteroshi430sbranch.html
    2 You have another minimap (apparently it's Votan's Minimap) and they are in conflict with each other, I recently added a feature to auto disable Bandits UI and Advanced UI minimaps because of unaware users reporting Minimap by Fyrakin not working, don't tell me I will have to do that with Votan's Minimap too...
    Having two minimaps not paraziting each other is very rare, TEST/TRY YOUR MINIMAPS ONE BY ONE :)
    Edited by Masteroshi430 on December 19, 2022 3:58PM
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I was told by other devs it was a bad practice to change options in other addons so instead of turning off the other minimap installed and running, Minimap by Fyrakin will now completely hide itself and a colorful chat message you can't miss will appear in chat to inform you you have to disable the other running minimap to use it.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My mini map doesn't work either... on wait I don't have one on console because ZOS will allow it.
  • MacLayden
    MacLayden
    Have turned off Votan Minimap.
    Can get Fyrakin Minimap working for a bit.
    When I click to harvest or to do trade skills, ext. Frakin Minimap stops working.
    Can do a /reloadui and get Frakin Minimap working agan.
    Any way to get Frakin Minimap to stay up.
    Thanks for any help given.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    MacLayden wrote: »
    Have turned off Votan Minimap.
    Can get Fyrakin Minimap working for a bit.
    When I click to harvest or to do trade skills, ext. Frakin Minimap stops working.
    Can do a /reloadui and get Frakin Minimap working agan.
    Any way to get Frakin Minimap to stay up.
    Thanks for any help given.

What is your minimap by Fyrakin version number? (you can see it in settings/addons/Minimap by Fyrakin 1st line under the title)
    Edited by Masteroshi430 on December 22, 2022 6:39AM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Masteroshi430, I have noticed slight issues with MiniMap by Fyrakin (Masteroshi430's branch) lately, these past few days.
    Version 2022.12.22.
    Sometimes, upon switching zones, I will receive 100-1,000 "lua errors".
    I update Minion daily, if not every other day.
    I noticed a few updates to MiniMap since then, but it doesn't look like the spontaneous lua errors are entirely fixed just yet.
    Regardless, @Masteroshi430, thank you for your work in continuing the maintenance of this addon.
    I and others have been using it for years and it is our favorite MiniMap addon.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on December 22, 2022 8:43AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    @Masteroshi430, I have noticed slight issues with MiniMap by Fyrakin (Masteroshi430's branch) lately, these past few days.
    Version 2022.12.22.
    Sometimes, upon switching zones, I will receiving 100-1,000 "lua errors".

100-1,000 "lua errors" when changing zones is perfectly normal, keep keeping them for you, don't report them in the ESOUI addon comment section by pasting one of the error messages, that way it won't be fixed and you can keep enjoying them everytime you change zone FOREVER. :)
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 2022.12.22.

100-1,000 "lua errors" when changing zones is perfectly normal, keep keeping them for you, don't report them in the ESOUI addon comment section by pasting one of the error messages, that way it won't be fixed and you can keep enjoying them everytime you change zone FOREVER. :)

Will do. Whenever I manage to replicate it and see it happen again. :lol:
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • MacLayden
    MacLayden
    Have version 3.34 minimap by Fyrakin.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Have version 3.34 minimap by Fyrakin.

This is Fyrakin's "abandoned" version, current version is 2022.12.22 (yep, my version numbering is a date) get it by clicking the link below and install it manually, once done, if you have minion, check if it thinks the addon is "MiniMap by Fyrakin [Masteroshi430's branch]" if it does then you are good to get all updates, if not, see the "drunk minion" chapter in my pinned post of the addon comment section :
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3384-MiniMapbyFyrakinMasteroshi430sbranch.html

If you guys see youtubers & streamers websites/addon guides still linking to the old unmaintained version, please gently bark at them to update the link :)
    Edited by Masteroshi430 on December 22, 2022 11:13AM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 2022.12.22.

tm763frfdzem.png

I found it.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭

tm763frfdzem.png

I found it.

1 The error leads to a wrong line, you are not on the same (latest) version as me
    2 The only string.find error I can possibly get in the CreatePOIPin function is a part I never touched so it is possibly there for months/years
    Try to reinstall it manually. do you have the "show unexplored POI pins" option on ?
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.png

I found another one.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    image.png

I found another one.
    the broken image link is not helpful :D

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.png

I found another one.
    the broken image link is not helpful :D

m1ewdx4up7yc.png

Sorry. Does this one work?
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    m1ewdx4up7yc.png

Sorry. Does this one work?

YES.
    1 Did you do what I asked here? Because you didn't answer the question.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7777680/#Comment_7777680
    What is your Minimap by Fyrakin version number?
    2 First error was a point of interest pin, now this is a quest pin, this is possibly an outdated version or another addon doing weird things or a bad minion download, the 1st step is to reinstall the minimap manually.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Version 2022.12.22.

@Masteroshi430 a few days ago I posted here that is was Version 2022.12.22.
    I open Minion almost daily (auto-updates). I have currently been on Version 2022.12.24 since it was published.
    I could try manually uninstalling and reinstalling it too, but it doesn't bother me that much.
    Any lua errors tend to be uncommon, often times zero in a given playtime session; but, sometimes there are a lot all at once, but rarely. It just catches me off-guard when it does happen. Lol.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    I could try manually uninstalling and reinstalling it too, but it doesn't bother me that much.

[snip]
    You shouldn't have these totally random errors with a clean install, (to my knowledge) nobody else has them, end of discussion.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 31, 2022 6:51PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]
    You shouldn't have these totally random errors with a clean install, (to my knowledge) nobody else has them, end of discussion.

I am not trolling at all. Why would I have to do a fresh install if I am on the same version as you and everyone else?
    Literally only 4 people even commented on this entire thread, aside from you and I, and with little to no information -- whereas I actually replied with detailed info, versions numbers, and screenshots with lua code errors. I'm not sure what else you want.
    I was only trying to help. :neutral:
    I do not want to do a fresh install because then I would have to redo all of my minimap settings for all of my characters. And, that would be extremely tedious, to say the least. Suffering is silence is a real concept. Maybe not to you.
    I do know for a fact that others have the same error codes as I, and they are on the same version as me.
    We chat about it ingame and on Discord. They don't use the ESO forums, so I saw this thread as an opportunity to try to provide some info.
    Clearly that is not enough info or it is info not useful to you, so carry on then. Perhaps someone else can be more helpful. :neutral:

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 31, 2022 6:52PM
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    I am not trolling at all. Why would I have to do a fresh install if I am on the same version as you and everyone else?
    I do not want to do a fresh install because then I would have to redo all of my minimap settings for all of my characters. And, that would be extremely tedious, to say the least.
    Because sometimes Minion downloads/installs partially fail. It just happens.
    That's why the 1st step is to reinstall the addon manually, you can delete your minimap folder in the Addons folder and reinstall my version of Minimap by Fyrakin without Minion, your saved settings are in another folder so they will be kept, no need to redo your settings.
    I am only trying to help. :neutral:
    Here are my questions above you didn't answer to:
    #14 Try to reinstall it manually. do you have the "show unexplored POI pins" option on ?
    #18 1 Did you do what I asked here? (#14) Because you didn't answer the question.
    #18 2 First error was a point of interest pin, now this is a quest pin, this is possibly an outdated version or another addon doing weird things or a bad minion download, the 1st step is to reinstall the minimap manually.
    I do know for a fact that others have the same error codes as I, and they are on the same version as me.
    We chat about it ingame and on Discord. They don't use the ESO forums, so I saw this thread and tried to provide some info.
    Clearly that is not enough info or is not useful for you, so carry on then. :neutral:
    I can't fix things if these people keep the bugs/errors for themselves, I have no bugs/errors with this addon when I play and I can't guess what to fix if the info isn't communicated to me.
    If it isn't coming from a bad Minion download then it can be an addon you have all that I don't have which is creating map pins in a different manner than others do. You can try to do a list of your common addons and post it here, that could help.
    A thing you can do too is find steps to reproduce the errors anytime and then disable, an addon at a time to see which one causes that. Once we know which addon it is then I can make both addons compatible.
    I'm not mad at you , I try to be as efficient as possible to fix things, but you don't answer to all my questions or do what I ask you to do, so it takes ages and it's very frustrating. <3

Edited by Masteroshi430 on December 27, 2022 5:19PM
  • MacLayden
    MacLayden
    Salutations all and a happy new year to ye.
    Mini Map by Fyrakin is now working, must of been the last up date or two.
    Thanks Fyrakin fo all the hard work ye put into ye maps.
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Probably, it's NEVER the end user's fault or Minion behaving anyway.
    Fyrakin, if you read this from your addon author retirement home, I SECOND THIS AND SALUTE YOU!
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably, it's NEVER the end user's fault or Minion behaving anyway.
    Fyrakin, if you read this from your addon author retirement home, I SECOND THIS AND SALUTE YOU!

hahaha you made my day (Fyrakin, if you read this ...) :D
    What a great move of that user, coming here, posting and saying thanks. Would have been even better if it was saluting the right guy o:)

I'm not using your Minimap addon Masteroshi but I definately feel you (r words about errors, reporting, keeping them for themselves so they never get fixed but compalining about them all day, barking at the wrong tree because of other addons uses in combination, and especially not respecting what the addon devs ask to exactly do but answering with something like it is not needed because... -> The last one is my favorite too and I completely understand why this drives us mad. Some ppl should just understand and remember that the expertise is not on their side, at least not all of it, and should simply "try what they were told to do".).
    Thanks for keeping that one alive and even improving it for all of us (improving also makes other addons benefit, and I like that idea!).
    Edited by Baertram on January 3, 2023 3:41PM