The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Hourglass of Alkosh

sPark101
sPark101
✭✭✭
Is the sacred hourglass of alkosh supposed to be placed on the outside or inside of our homes?
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    sPark101 wrote: »
    Is the sacred hourglass of alkosh supposed to be placed on the outside or inside of our homes?

In all of the homes that I have tested it in so far it seems like you can place it inside or outside and it will still control the time of day or night.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter, it's all part of the same instance/zone any way.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question made me think of another point. You can actually place items beyond the boundaries of the yard, where other players can’t interfere with them. so unlike the lights, you can put this out of reach. You would have to recall it to make a change, and put it back out there after, but it only seems to revert when you put it away, not when you move it.

So not just outside, but outside!
  • Yumij
    Yumij
    I haven't been able to test this myself yet , but it seems that visitors can't interact with the hourglass.
    Can someone confirm is this is true or not?
    I can see pros and cons for both scenario's honestly, so I'm curious to know.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it doesn't work with the Psijic Grand Villa but does it work with Shalidor's Shrouded Realm?

Shalidor's Shrouded Realm has a skybox that changes colors so wondering if that was controllable with this.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    I know it doesn't work with the Psijic Grand Villa but does it work with Shalidor's Shrouded Realm?

Shalidor's Shrouded Realm has a skybox that changes colors so wondering if that was controllable with this.

It actually does work with the Psijic Villa, I tested it out myself.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yumij wrote: »
    I haven't been able to test this myself yet , but it seems that visitors can't interact with the hourglass.

I believe it depends on permissions, just like lights, so that limited visitors would not be able to change it but others would.
  • Yumij
    Yumij
    Yumij wrote: »

I believe it depends on permissions, just like lights, so that limited visitors would not be able to change it but others would.

Ah that makes sense. That is good to know. ;)
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait really? I was told by several people it didn't! That's pretty neat if so!

Any idea if it works in Shalidor's Shrouded Realm?
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't change much, though. Because it has its unique overlay. But there's still a sun and it will move, making your shadows move as well.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It works in that the “sun” moves and the shadows do as well, but you don’t get a blue sky and clouds like in other areas.

I don’t have the other house but someone else was able to answer that for you, thankfully.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA