Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why have multiple queues?

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
If queueing up as a Solo - BG - You are placed into rounds with Grouped players? Why are there different versions of the queue? Is it supposed to be like this?

Shouldn't players queueing as groups be placed against other grouped players? How is there ANY balance in Battlegrounds if you're a Solo player?
Edited by Goldie on December 17, 2022 4:51PM
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're saying when you solo que sometimes there are grouped people's in with you? Out of curiosity, how do you know?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    So you're saying when you solo que sometimes there are grouped people's in with you? Out of curiosity, how do you know?

The premade are kept separate from the solo queue. It is easy to think a group who plays well together is a premade, especially when the group you get put with is not so good at figuring out how to play well together.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Just curious if OP experienced something I haven't.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im part of a full guild, we had a group of 4 queue up for group battlegrounds, and I queued solo - we ended up in the same battlegrounds several times.

Test it for yourselves.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can solo que for group bgs you know. Are you sure you didn't? Honestly I'm not trying to say you're wrong but this is my first time hearing of such a problem.
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can solo que for group bgs you know. Are you sure you didn't? Honestly I'm not trying to say you're wrong but this is my first time hearing of such a problem.

I don't know if it's a bugged queue system, or how often it happens, but as a solo you do get popped into matches with groups sometimes. There was one time I was watching a streamer with a premade 3 man, and while I was queuing strictly as a solo, I ended up against them in a match. I also thought it was impossible, until I saw blatant evidence of it occurring.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 18, 2022 4:25PM
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

The premade are kept separate from the solo queue. It is easy to think a group who plays well together is a premade, especially when the group you get put with is not so good at figuring out how to play well together.

They are supposed to be kept separate, but they are not.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if it's a bugged queue system, or how often it happens, but as a solo you do get popped into matches with groups sometimes. There was one time I was watching a streamer with a premade 3 man, and while I was queuing strictly as a solo, I ended up against them in a match. I also thought it was impossible, until I saw blatant evidence of it occurring.

This exact same thing has happened to me more times than I can count.

Ex. I queue as a Solo - Queueing IN the Solo Battleground - Get placed against a GROUP - That queued into GROUPED Battlegrounds. This is broken or intentional. Extremely frustrating they cant get things right after nearly 10 years.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the solve the puzzle, "I hit the group queue by mistake".

*ding ding ding* B)
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the solve the puzzle, "I hit the group queue by mistake".

*ding ding ding* B)

No. It's physically harder to queue for both, and all of my teammates were solo queued lol. This is also ZOS we're talking about. It's not outrageous to think that the queue gets bugged sometimes.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on December 21, 2022 1:58AM