The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy Writ Bug

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Due to Alchemy daily writs not stacking like all the others (which may be a bug or it may be a feature, who knows), I typically do them every day. That's how I found this bug. This bug occurred on PC/NA about a week or two ago on one of my alts. I haven't tried to replicate the bug since.

Toward the end of one of the daily resets the alchemy daily was repeatable in the same day without cooldown. I triple checked to be sure it wasn't a new day as I was able to complete 3 alchemy daily writs on the same character within the 1 day reset (I had obtained the 3rd or 4th daily writ on the new day).

I am unsure of how long this infinite refresh timer is, but it's definitely less than 5 minutes since the characters I was getting writs on did not have this issue.

I am unsure if this bug is still in effect but it's something worth looking into. It's not gamebreaking and the impact on the economy is minimal if there even is an impact.
Edited by Dr_Con on November 29, 2022 6:09PM
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this the 'feature' the put into the code because dressing room allowed players to infinitely acquire alchemy writs?
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Isn't this the 'feature' the put into the code because dressing room allowed players to infinitely acquire alchemy writs?

The game itself formerly allowed people to get one alchemy writ per tier per day, at the cost of respeccing to remove the points to start the cycle over again the next day. It was in the game for years but would have been a wash financially at best until the Armory system made it free to reset the skill points back to tier 1. That was particularly ripe for abuse during events that give reward boxes for doing daily writs, like the Anniversary event. You didn’t need to have Dressing Room or be on PC/Mac to double the writs you could do per day that way.
    Edited by virtus753 on December 2, 2022 9:20PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Part of the original comment in this bug has been addressed, which was a major point of concern for me.

Alchemy writs can now be stacked and done consecutively if you have a writ from the day before, whereas at the time of posting this bug report that wasn't possible.

There have been no official announcements about this but it's cool to see that it was fixed.

I have not tested to see if the infinitely repeatable writ bug is still in effect, but it would be nice to see an update addressing this.