Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please make the NPC's cheating less obvious

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With the Galen update, I've noticed a trend with the NPC being able to immediately play a card they acquired in the previous round without the cooldown pile being reshuffled back into the draw pile. For instance, I've seen the NPC pick up Rally, watch the card go into the cooldown pile, and see the turn end. Then on the next hand/round, the NPC lead with Rally, even though the cooldown did not reshuffle back into the draw. No Ansei or Celarus cards were played at any time in the previous round that would have moved Rally over. It was definitely in the cooldown pile at the end of the NPC's turn, and it was the only Rally card to have appeared in the game.

Or, a related issue, I've watched the NPC play Hira's End, the card goes into the played cards pile, the NPC then activated the Hel Shira Herald agent to return 2 cards from the cooldown pile to the draw pile, only to see Hira's End again. I know it was the same card as the only other Hira's End cards were in my hand.

I'm totally fine with the NPC games being kept artificially close instead of it being a mop job the whole time, but this is blatant cheating. I know that is a common refrain in the video game world, but this is so overt. Is this a bug? Or are the cards with the NPC not behaving as they should? I've seen other issues since the update, like Prophesy not giving the option of removing 2 cards from the Tavern, but this NPC behavior is new
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    hmm wow. Imagine getting mad at an NPC match.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things like what the OP described shouldn't be happening no matter who we are playing.
    PCNA
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Things like what the OP described shouldn't be happening no matter who we are playing.

Its just that, npcs don't cheat. The game has been buggy against npcs since the update. Calling it cheating is misleading.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it's called it shouldn't be happening.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen that and NPCs seem even easier to beat lately. Submit a bug report in game (or create a clip and post it here in the buf report section) the next time it happens. Hopefully it will get sorted out.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen that and NPCs seem even easier to beat lately.

Yes
    I always beat them thanks to the mentors. They never activate Rajhin and are so predictable...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I haven't noticed that happening with NPCs-- but I think I've seen it happen a few times with myself. I'll buy a money or power card, then I'll immediately draw it among the cards in my next hand, even though I'm pretty sure I haven't reshuffled my cards yet and didn't manually move it to the top of my draw pile. When it happens, it comes as a surprise and I must stop to think whether or not I've reshuffled my cards-- which I'm pretty sure I haven't, since I've still got a cooldown pile-- so it made me wonder if this was some kind of deliberate change that had been made during an update. I guess now I know it's a bug.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    hmm wow. Imagine getting mad at an NPC match.

LOL. Not mad, even laughed when it happened. I figured its a bug, but just thought it was so obvious that the card was not going where it should, at the exact time the NPC needed the power.
  • kloverleaf
    kloverleaf
    ✭✭
    I wish the NPCs were a little harder so I could practice strategy as if I was playing a brutal player. I get nervous now playing against other players but I get bored playing against NPCs. It just builds my ego back up though after being slaughtered by other players.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kloverleaf wrote: »
    I wish the NPCs were a little harder so I could practice strategy as if I was playing a brutal player. I get nervous now playing against other players but I get bored playing against NPCs. It just builds my ego back up though after being slaughtered by other players.

I agree, but I don't necessarily want the Expert NPCs to suddenly become a lot better. My ego might not survive! :D

As it is, it's definitely possible to lose to one of them if they start out the match by acquiring a really good card, or if they start spamming Orgnum while you're behind and you're unable to catch up after that, etc. So maybe they could keep Expert NPCs at the current level, but add a fourth NPC who uses a more aggressive strategy than Expert NPCs do?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember back in the day when the wasps in Craglorn were like boss level and you could actually test builds on them? Maybe have the founders be like that. But, give us gold boxes if we win.