Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure Maps for Galen...

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
Can they found throughout all the zones, or just in Galen. I look for a lead to the Barkwood Blessing skin
Edited by Eporem on December 17, 2022 10:50PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treasure maps drop from a variety of sources and are random. Your odds of getting a Galen map or a Deadlands map are really low because there's only 2 maps for each of those zones whereas other zones have 5-6 maps. There is no direct way to farm specific treasure maps, which is something that is in dire need of being addressed.

I'm currently 68 maps deep in the Deadlands in an attempt to get the last 4 leads that I need to complete the codex. That's 68 maps that I've burned trying and failing to get the 4 leads that I need, not even taking into account the insane number of maps that I used to get the first 10 leads. At 30K-40K per map, it's a bit ridiculous and finishing the Deadlands codex is clearly not something that the vast majority of players will ever do. Great job ZOS.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    thankyou @CGPsaint so the treasure maps for Galen are not necessarily only found in Galen but could drop from a variety of sources even outside of Galen? I have never really paid attention to treasure mapping, putting the ones I see in my inventory in storage, though cannot remember if a treasure map for say Shadowfen was found in Shadowfen or was picked up/found in another zone. I do have one for Deadlands though so if you are on PC/NA I will gladly send this to you - it will have a lead you look for in this, I am sure:).
    Edited by Eporem on December 18, 2022 1:34PM
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely place to drop is from thieves troves (for maps in general) but they are rarer then regular chests obviously
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    thankyou @CGPsaint so the treasure maps for Galen are not necessarily only found in Galen but could drop from a variety of sources even outside of Galen? I have never really paid attention to treasure mapping, putting the ones I see in my inventory in storage, though cannot remember if a treasure map for say Shadowfen was found in Shadowfen or was picked up/found in another zone. I do have one for Deadlands though so if you are on PC/NA I will gladly send this to you - it will have a lead you look for in this, I am sure:).

You can find any treasure map in any zone. Two ways that I've farmed them in the past is farming Dolmens/Harrowstorms, or by farming public dungeons for treasure chests. The problem is that there are 190 non-collector's edition treasure maps in the game, so for zones like the Deadlands and Galen, you have a 2/190 chance of getting one of those maps to drop from a given source.

I appreciate the offer for the Deadlands map, however I'm on Xbox/NA!

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to get treasure maps for zones you have no access to because you don't yet own the DLC? I was wondering about this recently, because I got one of the Oakensoul leads but I don't yet own any part of the High Isle chapter. A pity we can't trade leads like treasure maps.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tiriusavarao
    tiriusavarao
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Is it possible to get treasure maps for zones you have no access to because you don't yet own the DLC? I was wondering about this recently, because I got one of the Oakensoul leads but I don't yet own any part of the High Isle chapter. A pity we can't trade leads like treasure maps.

Yes, this is possible. I've had some friends pick up maps for Blackwood and High Isle this way. Fortunately though, these are indeed still tradeable.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most likely place to drop is from thieves troves (for maps in general) but they are rarer then regular chests obviously

Yep, that's where I get most of my maps. If one was really intent on farming, that'd be the place to look.