Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Automated tales of tribute gameplay option

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think there's a current add-on for this, as the person is just developing it. I would imagine such an add-on wouldn't be allowed. That's a pretty straightforward cheat.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 17, 2022 1:26AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I don't think there's a current add-on for this, as the person is just developing it. I would imagine such an add-on wouldn't be allowed. That's a pretty straightforward cheat.

Not sure it really is a cheat, but ZOS would have to make an official ruling. That said, it does show the game is boring enough for someone to consider such.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

But where do they test it? Is it possible it could be tested in game against other players before it's released?

I really hope this would not be allowed.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 17, 2022 1:54AM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Not sure it really is a cheat, but ZOS would have to make an official ruling. That said, it does show the game is boring enough for someone to consider such.

That's cheating in every other card and board game out there, don't know why it should be any different in this one.

And no, it doesn't show anything of the sort. If there's a reward for any type of competitive content, there's generally someone trying to cheat. Some of the biggest, most popular games on the planet have cheats. People have been cheating at games since games existed. It says absolutely nothing about the games themselves.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 17, 2022 8:02AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's cheating in every other card and board game out there, don't know why it should be any different in this one.

And no, it doesn't show anything of the sort. If there's a reward for any type of competitive content, there's generally someone trying to cheat. Some of the biggest, most popular games on the planet have cheats. People have been cheating at games since games existed. It says absolutely nothing about the games themselves.

I would disagree it is always cheating to follow a programmed set of rules.

I doubt I would use it, but I fairly despise the card game, so that is not surprising.

I do know the physical card game Dominion had a "buy gold" strategy that almost always would win no matter which cards were available. Following that would be no different than automating the game.

Not that I care a lot, but why not let ZOS make the ruling?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

No, it doesn't. It just show that some players a really selfish and bad losers.

I find deathmatches Battlefields boring enough to avoid playing it, but I not going to ask for a way to play it automatically. I don't have to ruin the game for all players just because I'm incapable or too lazy to learn it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I would disagree it is always cheating to follow a programmed set of rules.

I doubt I would use it, but I fairly despise the card game, so that is not surprising.

Oh, I know you must despise the game. After all, you're making the argument that something that is automatically playing the game for you against an unaware human opponent isn't cheating.

No other game I have ever seen has allowed that. People lose livelihoods over that.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 18, 2022 7:25AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We really need an answer on this.
    PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We really need an answer on this.

Yup. We really need answers. Because even if the addon has not yet been publicly released, it may already be in testing by some players, which means that there is already a chance that we are or have been cheated. This needs to be clarified and eventually investigated before it is too late.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like the "Auto-play cards" option that is already implemented in the game?

Or do you mean something else?
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bat wrote: »
    You mean like the "Auto-play cards" option that is already implemented in the game?

Reason I ask is I don't risk my games by turning it on, so I don't know if it just plays the cards in your hand or if it also buys cards automated. If the latter then that's probably what you wanted, right? So you can try turning that on, you get the option when you hit Escape inside a game (it's a box you check).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Bat wrote: »

The autoplay cards option just plays the cards in your hand. It doesn't buy cards or use Patrons or anything other than flipping the cards in your hand. It is then up to the player how to spend their coins or power or use a Patron.

The addon being developed shows the player which cards to play etc. Whether or not it actually makes the plays I'm not sure. But my friend swore some of the people he played were using bots and I wonder if he ran into someone who was testing this addon in game.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like a feature to auto-play the tutorial so I can stop the stupid barker without having to give up a significant chunk of playtime!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would like a feature to auto-play the tutorial so I can stop the stupid barker without having to give up a significant chunk of playtime!

I believe they made it so we can skip the tutorial if we have done it once.
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps I will check it again, but that was not the case last time I tried. That said, I may have done it the second time on EU (with the first on NA, or the reverse). Getting her to shut up might be worth it.

(Wish I could do the same for the fighters/magic guild quest lady, she is also annoying and doesn't go away unless you do the chain or keep the quest in your log. I assumed the TTC one was the same.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Perhaps I will check it again, but that was not the case last time I tried. That said, I may have done it the second time on EU (with the first on NA, or the reverse). Getting her to shut up might be worth it.

Yes they added that option with Update 36.

"You can now skip the Tribute tutorial on others characters as long as you’ve completed it on at least one character on your account."
    PCNA
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes they added that option with Update 36.

"You can now skip the Tribute tutorial on others characters as long as you’ve completed it on at least one character on your account."

Then that would be why I didn't notice it. Letting us shut off a specific barker would be even better, but at least I can shut her up if I want to take the brief time there.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A couple of minutes before i was writing this, i have tried and failed to complete the "a new venture" quest of the ToT. Because the one of the endeavors wanted me to play it, so i wanted to at least attempt to learn it.

After failing to complete it, i just gave up and quitted the quest. It reminded me of how much i hated ToT in the first place, so i decided to bring this suggestion back to the surface again.

I hate Tales of Tribute, because i fail at it. Please give an "auto play" option for it.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm not good enough for Godslayer and I don't want to prog for it X times a week. Please add title, achievements and other rewards to my account. Thnx.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would you like some help learning it?
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    the RNG nature of this game makes it very low skill, slow and in my opinion boring. many people i know (literally dozens in game) don’t enjoy it and want nothing to do with it.

having the option to let an AI play for you would be ideal. if the other person is human they won’t even notice.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find all pve content beneath me. I would like to have an AI that runs all those tedious dungeons and arenas for me. I bought the game so I should be able to access the equipment, furnishings and leads hidden behind these bits of content and I shouldn't have to play a game that is, basically, just rng anyway.

Please automate all in-game content so that players don't have to play when they're playing.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on October 18, 2023 1:11PM
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    I find all pve content beneath me. I would like to have an AI that runs all those tedious dungeons and arenas for me. I bought the game so I should be able to access the equipment, furnishings and leads hidden behind these bits of content and I shouldn't have to play a game that is, basically, just rng anyway.

Please automate all in-game content so that players don't have to play when they're playing.

This actually sounds like a good idea to me. Believe it or not, i was thinking about posting a suggestion that is similar to this.