Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

How to remove mark/symbol other players put on you without logging off?

ProudMary
ProudMary
✭✭✭✭✭
How do we remove the mark/symbol that other players put on you without logging off? These symbols are meaningless, take up server resources unnecessarily and are turning out to be just another way to troll other players. At best these symbols are a distraction while trying to PvP.

Please tell me there is a way to remove these marks/symbols without logging off.

How do we remove these symbols without logging off?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2022 5:52PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the key that is used to put on a symbol (default is tab) hold it without targeting something, select the same symbol again. You can also do this to select a different symbol. Or you could target something else and put the symbol on that, since only one person can have a given symbol at a time

You can also turn the whole system off under nameplate-> indicators -> target markers.
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    How do we remove the mark/symbol that other players put on you without logging off? These symbols are meaningless, take up server resources unnecessarily and are turning out to be just another way to troll other players. At best these symbols are a distraction while trying to PvP.

Please tell me there is a way to remove these marks/symbols without logging off.

How do we remove these symbols without logging off?
    As PeacefulAnarchy mentioned, you can hold the target button to take the marker off of you, and you can also disable the whole system.

I'm just here to mention that I personally find it extremely helpful in both PvE and PvP. In PvP, we can use it to mark the group leader of either our current group, or another group, providing real-time updates on who to stack on etc.
    In PvE, it may be a bit messy, but its a godsend for setting up stacks and positioning. Our prog group uses 4 markers to indicate the people for melee 1 through 4, and we can position ourselves easily using that.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the key that is used to put on a symbol (default is tab) hold it without targeting something, select the same symbol again. You can also do this to select a different symbol. Or you could target something else and put the symbol on that, since only one person can have a given symbol at a time

You can also turn the whole system off under nameplate-> indicators -> target markers.

Thank you!
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help earlier in this thread. But the problem still persists in a minor way.

How do we remove these symbols from appearing in the navigation bar?
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, now how do I remove these symbols from the navigation bar?

I couldn't find the setting that would do that.