The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: "Extend countdown" option for automated "Leave dungeon"

Bat
Bat
✭✭✭✭✭
I find sometimes we do dungeons without finding any chests, some dungeons we might want gear from and chests can be a good place to find them. Group disbanding and leaving after clear sets a timer on anyone still in the dungeon, which automatically forces them out from the dungeon after it reaches 0. If we could have a way to extend the timer that would be really good, either maybe with a prompt beside "Leave now" (like a wheel, option 1 is Leave now, option 2 is Extend by 1 minute), or that we could set a value to how long we'd like our countdowns to be (up to 10 minutes perhaps?) this would give anyone who'd like to go back and see if they can find something they were looking for the time to do that. :)
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 17, 2022 5:36PM
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    Ive had this happen a lot, i might want to go look around, grabs chests, turn in a quest or just explore missed areas and i get tossed out when the group drops. Id like it as an option as well.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree I've been in this situation so many times. Would be a great feature to add. I know they've already extended it before but it isn't long enough to sweep a while dungeon.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea and I would also like to see it implemented. I try to stay in-group for the people that need time to turn in quests or whatever but I know a lot of people who PuG don’t do that and I think it would be helpful for Dungeon newbies.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I understand the desire to have a feature extended, it is also a resource drain which is why the timer is there to start with. Zenimax extended the timer from a few seconds to the current design to permit people to complete quests which is a much more impactful purpose and benefit to the game..

So I suggest forming your group for, friends and guild with the idea of farming the chests since the suggestion brings much less benefit to the game than completing a quest making it less likely to happen.

Good luck.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    While I understand the desire to have a feature extended, it is also a resource drain which is why the timer is there to start with. Zenimax extended the timer from a few seconds to the current design to permit people to complete quests which is a much more impactful purpose and benefit to the game..

So I suggest forming your group for, friends and guild with the idea of farming the chests since the suggestion brings much less benefit to the game than completing a quest making it less likely to happen.

Good luck.

Why do you assume all this?

I'm not buying it at all.

We can already extend dungeon instances indefinitely and many times in newer dungeons runs can take hours to clear. As an example, the first time I cleared veteran Unhallowed Grave for example we had some real world issues in the group that needed dealt with and we spent over an hour having a break, inside the dungeon, while coming back to keyboards to move characters around every now and then so we wouldn't be kicked out from the progress we'd made up until that point. Things like these happen all the time, especially where prog runs of challengers or blind runs of new content are concerned.

Having an option to extend a dungeon instance for going back for chests when everyone has left the group, where that instance already exists and has existed for the duration of the entire run, could barely cause such a dent in resource pools that it would make any difference one way or another. And it would be very helpful in those cases where people are looking for some gear but don't feel like slowing their group down or falling behind in the run.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I want to be able to leave when ready, not before.