The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why the limit of # endeavours / day ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why are we limited to 3 daily and 1 weekly endeavours, before the others are locked out until the list resets ? It would be nice to be able to spend more time earning endeavours, particularly if you're saving up for something special, so why does the game not allow this ? If there's some reason for this I hadn't considered, then someone please tell me what it is, thanks.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a limit really. It's a choice. You can choose 3 out of 5. If all 5 were available, all you would get in the forums were complaints that 1 of the 5 was some activity someone didn't want to do, and that it was unfair they were forced to do so.

So, you really have to view it as 3. Your choice of 3, that suit whatever activities most fit want you wish to do that day.

The alternative is, they remove the 2 other choices and you only have 3 to do. I doubt removing a level of player choice from the system results in 5 dailies all open rather than just reducing down to 3.
    Edited by jaws343 on December 14, 2022 4:37AM
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    It's not a limit really. It's a choice. You can choose 3 out of 5. If all 5 were available, all you would get in the forums were complaints that 1 of the 5 was some activity someone didn't want to do, and that it was unfair they were forced to do so.

So, you really have to view it as 3. Your choice of 3, that suit whatever activities most fit want you wish to do that day.

The alternative is, they remove the 2 other choices and you only have 3 to do. I doubt removing a level of player choice from the system results in 5 dailies all open rather than just reducing down to 3.

Yes, I usually find that at least two of the activities are something I don't do like PVP-related or trials. Most of the time I only want to do 3.
    Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on December 14, 2022 4:58AM
    PS5/NA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Yes, that makes sense, and I've noticed myself that some of the activities I either don't want to do, or can't do. I had not thought of it that way, so good point.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably 2 reasons:

1) So players can choose the ones they want to do and don't feel pressured to do all of them if they don't have the time, can't access something or just don't enjoy it.

2) Endeavours were put in place to comply with Microsoft's policy on loot boxes, which says that anything in them will be earnable by playing the game. But of course ZOS and Microsoft would prefer players to buy crown crates because they get more money that way, so limiting how many seals you can earn ensures there's still an incentive for players to buy crates.

Between the two it makes sense to have a selection and only require 3/5 or 1/3 to get the maximum available reward - it keeps the reward low while reducing the changes players will complain they're excluded from the system because they can't do the endeavours.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judging from other posts on the forum some people feel obliged to do the endeavours as part of their daily routine. If you had to do all 5 it would lead to exhaustion. But having said that, you can play the game your way, and if people want to do all 5 without getting seals for the last two then you are allowed to. Is that the MMO equivalent of unpaid overtime?

I sometimes just look to see what they are as it could remind me of a part of the game I haven't played or visited for a while.