The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curated set collection question

BretonMage
BretonMage
✭✭✭✭✭
Does the increased chance to drop uncollected set items apply to all bosses in the dungeon, or just the final boss? I've been farming Falkreath Hold, and without fail, EVERY boss except the final boss drops something I've collected. I don't think it's bad luck, this has happened for all (15-20 or so) of my runs (except the first two runs for obvious reasons). Thanks in advance for any insight.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single boss in the game has a specified list of set pieces that can be dropped. Only the final bosses of dungeons drop weapons. So, for curation, every boss in the dungeon but the final boss, will drop body pieces (unless they have a named item). Once you have collected all of the body pieces for that dungeon, your curation for those bosses is finished. You will continue to get body pieces you already have because that is the only thing those dungeon bosses can possibly drop. And you will have to kill the final boss as many times as weapons you have left to collect (or get lucky and drop those weapons in chests) to complete the sticker book for that dungeon.

The loot table for reference:
    Mini bosses will drop either a hand, waist, or feet set piece.
    Bosses will drop either a chest, shoulder, head or leg set piece.
    The final Boss of a dungeon will drop weapons or jewelry.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really helpful, thank you so much @jaws343 ! That explains why the final pieces to collect are just weapons now. (I did some googling before asking this question, but I guess I must have phrased it in an awkward way.)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the reason that you should be running dungeons on veteran (no simple chests on veteran) and always looking for treasure chests, as they can also drop weapons!
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your tip, CGPsaint! Yeah, I do that for base game dungeons.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont usually aim for chests because chest loot is uncurated, so theres no guarantee you will get something you need and found its easier to speed the dungeons on normal for the boss drops that are curated lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont usually aim for chests because chest loot is uncurated, so theres no guarantee you will get something you need and found its easier to speed the dungeons on normal for the boss drops that are curated lol

I got some good purple loot from chests a few times (Medusa staves and jewellery), but yeah, the hassle of vet DLC dungeons definitely outweigh the benefits even of purple jewellery.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally have only been trying to fill out the collection book, and for speed/efficiency on that definitely just stick to normal for faster runs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014