Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help on raising assault

Petoften
Petoften
✭✭✭
I just want to get assault 3 for mount speed and don't want pvp. I went to cyrodil to do the training and get it, but accidentally clicked through the first quest I saw that I think was the one to decline training.

I saw another quest to do where you go in a portal and get a hammer and did that but it didn't boost assault. Then I just have four dailies. Three are pvp and one was scouting so I took a half hour and did that. Turned it in, got reward but no assault. How can I get assault to 3 without pvp?
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Correction, six dailies, five are pvp.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe it works by gaining AP, if you skipped the training I would suggest a little light zerg surfing, go help out at keeps being sieged etc
    Soupy twist
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    repairing keeps, and the town dailies, do not really require pvp, but pvp is still a possibility (it is also VERY slow, but if you only need to get to rank 3 or 4, then its not too bad)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    But all the dailies except scout seemed to be pvp, and scout didn't seem to raise assault?
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have to find out how to repair a keep.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the siege merchants to buy wood(doors) and stone(walls) repair kits. Slot them and use them the same way you would a potion.

You're going to find the experience very boring though. Plus youre going to need damaged keeps. Plus you're probably going to want to buy the stuff with AP not gold. In the end I highly recommend just biting the bullet and pvping a bit. Just think of it as a boring grind like some mythics. It won't be as bad as you think... You can do it!

You only have to be present when a flag flips (rss or keep,) to get AP. You don't have to kill anyone you don't even have to fight. Use your map to see where action is and follow groups of allies when you see them. Good luck!
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get AP as a daily reward, make sure the character you need to level up is the one who gets the AP.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petoften wrote: »
    Get some stone repair kits (rocks) equip in quickslot and select it, now port to an random keep, I would select some in the middle of map, not front like but one to two levels behind, go outside the inner keep and look at the walls around the keep.
    It will often be 260K of 310K health or similar, go up to wall and repair, you might have to move around a bit to be allowed to repair. Repair, you get 200 AP for each tick so 10 repairs should be more than enough to get you going.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Get some stone repair kits (rocks) equip in quickslot and select it, now port to an random keep, I would select some in the middle of map, not front like but one to two levels behind, go outside the inner keep and look at the walls around the keep.
    It will often be 260K of 310K health or similar, go up to wall and repair, you might have to move around a bit to be allowed to repair. Repair, you get 200 AP for each tick so 10 repairs should be more than enough to get you going.

i wish it was 200 AP per repair use, whenever i do repair i notice it giving me like ~46 AP per repair use lol, which is why i barely even bother doing it most of the time
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want to get assault 3 for mount speed and don't want pvp. I went to cyrodil to do the training and get it, but accidentally clicked through the first quest I saw that I think was the one to decline training.

I saw another quest to do where you go in a portal and get a hammer and did that but it didn't boost assault. Then I just have four dailies. Three are pvp and one was scouting so I took a half hour and did that. Turned it in, got reward but no assault. How can I get assault to 3 without pvp?

Repairing keeps is slow and can be costly. The dallies in the cities are a better option, but that can be tricky because the cities tend to change hands fairly often and you can get ganked. Blackreach is often less populated and for the city dallies that's a benny. There is also the NoCP campaign.

Do you have Mora's whispers? I think that has an AP bonus. And there are of course AP+ scrolls for crowns.

Unfortunately, PVP really is the fastest way to level up. And before your mount is leveled it just so s-l-o-w to get from place to place... If you decide to try it despite that. I would recommend Blackreach on a Sunday afternoon. Just enough crowd lots of regular non-PVPers around. It's the least bad option. It does depend though on your alliance. Sometimes the map just isn't good for one faction or the other.

Also pick a home campaign. That way if you end up with enough AP for the 50 transmute crystals it will count.

Good luck!
    PS5/NA
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Someone took me on a daily quest to capture a logging spot, that did it.