Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests and Immersion.

Snamyap
Snamyap
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Usually this doesn't bother me all that much, it's just a game, etc, but this one just annoyed me. So I found a quest on Galen to find an item called the Gloomlantern. A lantern that can cloak an entire ship in a thick fog to hide it from one's enemies. That sounds incredibly powerful, so why on earth would I hand that over to a pirate I just met for a handful of gold and some junk armor piece I'll never use?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 12, 2022 5:58PM
  • Saint-Ange
    Saint-Ange
    ✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »
    why on earth would I hand that over to a pirate I just met
    Because you would not have known about the Gloomlantern without Lanazha so she put you in the deal and you accepted thus gave your word. Hence when handling to her the Gloomlantern you said: "Here's the Gloomlantern, as promised."

On the perfect RPG plan you should be able to run away with the Gloomlantern just as the pirate should be able to kill you or put a mark on your head, which means you'll lose far more than your stuff. There's no escape nor reset for failing your word in the criminal world.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Galen had a fair number of those.

I personally find it interesting that both of the MMO's I played that were based on RPG's seemed to make side quests I didn't enjoy much. In both SWTOR and ESO I found that side quests tended to be items I didn't run more than once if I had the option to avoid them which seemed kind of funny to me because the majority of my time spent in the prior Elder Scrolls games and the KOTOR series was spent on side quests.

• ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post