The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I would love to see more structural furnishings

StormBlade512
StormBlade512
✭✭✭
Like in the title, I'd absolutely love to see more structural furnishings, maybe different kinds of roofs, floors, towers etc. I want to build a castle in Coldharbour but it's sort of difficult sometimes, and it ends up looking a little wonky because you have to substitute some things that end up not quite fitting.

Also, maybe even complete (simplified) houses. The ruined cathedral north of Gideon is so cool and I'd love to see collapsed walls and destroyed parts of buildings become available. Maybe even dolmens, Ayleid ruins etc.
Edited by StormBlade512 on December 9, 2022 6:21PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    We NEED more variations of walls and floors. NEED.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating that every time we only get a couple of pieces of a style and then it's abandoned.

There need to be a larger structure blueprint collection of each style instead of this bits and pieces here and there. Which includes older dlc and base game styles. Orsinium and Morrowind has none. Leyawiin which came after Solitude (a style that actually had quite a good variety of structures) was awful with the exception of giving us the wooden stairs. It had barely any platforms such as the wooden ones, none of the common wooden pillars seen around, barely any of the big variety of walls seen it cities, and the non-castle wall we got didn't even match any of the houses we could get in that style.

Releasing base game structures would be great too.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roofs are a big issue for me.

And there's so many cases where the walls and floors are different lengths, so they're impossible to line up.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd absolutely love to see more structural furnishings, maybe different kinds of roofs, floors, towers etc. I want to build a castle in Coldharbour but it's sort of difficult sometimes, and it ends up looking a little wonky because you have to substitute some things that end up not quite fitting.

Strong agree. You *can* use mismatched styles to get some effect, but it can often look tacky and piecemeal.
    Also, maybe even complete (simplified) houses. The ruined cathedral north of Gideon is so cool and I'd love to see collapsed walls and destroyed parts of buildings become available. Maybe even dolmens, Ayleid ruins etc.

Yes, I would love this. I wrote something like this recently: modularity is a fantastic way to allow people to build the houses they want, and having to do it with separate pieces just soaks up ALL your precious furnishing slots.

I bought the Coldharbour Surreal Estate when it first came out. I had this idea of creating an Aylied library absorbed into Coldharbour. There's no real satisfying way to do that, though- so my home is languishing, un-used for years now hoping for a day where we get some Aylied buildings or structures.
    There need to be a larger structure blueprint collection of each style instead of this bits and pieces here and there. Which includes older dlc and base game styles. Orsinium and Morrowind has none.

Agree! I still would really love to see the OG (not Mad-Alchemist/CoH) black, wrought-iron ziggurat-chain-and-machine Coldharbour style furnishings/structures become available. I could do some really cool stuff with that.

Modular is the way to go. More land plots, and more variety in complete buildings so we can have our style *and* our location.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree just don't lock the new plans behind some overbearing grind to obtain along with the materials needed to craft said items.

Stay safe :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like some more curvy walls with smaller degree curves than the ones we currently have, they are very handy for making round corners, or even bridges, etc.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really want them to go back and revisit older styles like Alinor because we barely got any structures from that, and the ones we do have are the crumbly white stone. We didn't get any of that beautiful chestnut wood. Most of the time I have to double-up Alinor grand bookcases if I want a similar look.

I'm also trying to make a big home that's a mix between Breton and Orc style, but it's difficult to give it an Orc identity when we barely have anything structure-wise either.

I would also like stained-glass windows that are see-through, and lattice windows to shake things up. My house is looking a little boring with just the High Isle glass.

I also wonder if we could get walls/fences with inbuilt windows too that you could see through; that way I wouldn't have to make a frame around them every time.