Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you use xbox gift cards to buy crowns

Edenwolf
Edenwolf
✭✭
I'm trying to get a physical method of providing my father crowns for Christmas, I'm wondering if he can use an Xbox gift card to directly purchase crowns for the Xbox version of ESO, cheers!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2022 5:57PM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not on XBox, but I am a fellow console player on PlayStation. If your XBox cards work at all like our PSN cards do, you redeem the gift card code in the store and it adds those funds to your virtual wallet on the store. You can then use the funds in that wallet to purchase whatever you like from the store, be it games themselves, game add-ons, and other bits and bobs. Can apply it to your gaming subscription fee (like we have PS+), too, at least on our console. It's just a means of conveying money to your gaming account and where you use it from there is your business.

So, for instance, I could give my friend a PSN gift card code for $50. He redeems the code, $50 pops into his virtual wallet, and he can now buy $50 worth of Crowns for ESO if he wanted.
    Edited by DragonRacer on December 10, 2022 2:46PM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can use xbox gift cards to buy anything on xbox, including crowns (games, movie rentals, even pay for game pass).
  • Edenwolf
    Edenwolf
    ✭✭
    Right on, thanks so much!!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post