The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Harvest Map Data

barigood54_ESO
I am so frustrated...somehow I lost all my harvest map data and have NO ICONS anywhere on my map or mini-map....does anyone have this problem and /or a fix??? I tried to load the Harvest map data add-on and it doesnt load. HELP!! :(
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 9, 2022 7:41PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want there's a bat file in that harvestmapdata that downloads all of map pin locations other users have inputted.

if your personal data got corrupted i don't know how to help :(
  • barigood54_ESO
    Well, I was just going to try reinstalling Harvest Map, but I will try that first....thanks so much for that info!!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the harvest map data addon is purely so you can run the executable to download all the data (which you should also not be in the game when running this)

just to double check: you do have your map filters for the icons enabled

and which zone are you looking for the icons? because ive heard there are some issues with dlc zones not showing the icons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • barigood54_ESO
    Yes map filters are being used...

I am looking right now in Coldharbor and also in Deadlands....basically any DLC :)

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coldharbour is a base game zone, but it still sounds like the data is messed up

as a test if you go to these zones and harvest something, does it show up on the map then or not at all?

or can just do the data download which should fix things, because i think it goes through the saved variable and also updates the data if they changed how it was being stored
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • barigood54_ESO
    The data download sounds easier...I was harvesting yesterday and saw the icons stay so files are there, just no data...where is the data file found? Thanks so much for your help!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when your outside of the game (as in dont have the game running), you go into the harvest map data addon folder and there are executables that run and download the data and then merge it with any existing data you already have

i think it has multiple executables for different systems but you only need to run 1 to get all the data
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • barigood54_ESO
    Never mind, I found it! Thanks again!
  • barigood54_ESO
    Oh, wow! Be careful what you ask for!!! LMAO!! :)
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh, wow! Be careful what you ask for!!! LMAO!! :)

too much data? :tongue:
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just makes you realize how many nodes are in zones lol

i actually have most of them turned off in the map filters except for less common ones (heavy sacks, treasure chests, theives troves) and i enable specific ones if im looking for them (such as for an endeavor that requires you to harvest say clothing nodes)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • barigood54_ESO
    Yes, I just did that on the map...so many markers you cant find anything in particular. I am currently looking for chests for a lead in Coldharbor. THanks again!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post