Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please take a second look at your newest hairstyle releases (Short mussed wave + Cutting Edge)

NoticeMeArkay
NoticeMeArkay
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear developers - Especially the team that is responsible for creating new character cosmetics,

Hi, big fan of yours! But I have come to bring something negative to your attention.

The last two hairstyles that you've released didn't seem to make it through quality control properly.
(And I'm not saying this to insult you guys, I'm just assuming there is such a thing as quality control for new crown store stuff)

The "Short mussed Wave" wasn't optimized for all races and doesn't fit the head of a female redguard. It's quite (not a bit, quite) a bummer to spend crowns on something that isn't working properly but has been brought to the store twice this year.

Same goes for "Cutting Edge" (First released this summer) which places a big white spot on the neck of your character that remains strongly visible since it's a short hairstyle. Mistakes like this surely can happen during development and I'm the last person to point a finger at you guys for overseeing this the first time. You're human, [snip] happens. And I don't doubt that you guys are already pretty busy with god knows what right now.

But it hasn't been fixed since both of them were (one even for the second time) released months ago, so I'd like to brings this to your attention in hopes of an overhaul.

Crowns-well-spend.png

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
Edited by Psiion on October 1, 2022 3:44AM
  • CountonMe
    CountonMe
    ✭✭✭
    After reading this post, I went back to look at my characters with the Cutting Edge hairstyle and they ALSO have that white line at the base of the head. OMG! Its not just Redguards! Now that I noticed it, I can't UN-NOTICE it anymore. Sticks out like a sore thumb! Please fix!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That looks terrible, especially the right pic which almost looks like a bad photo shop :/

Thanks OP for raising this and for the love of Talos, ZOS please fix this (and other crown store bugs)!
    Edited by SammyKhajit on October 19, 2022 12:44PM
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks terrible, especially the right pic which almost looks like a bad photo shop :/

Thanks OP for raising this and for the love of Talos, ZOS please fix this (and other crown store bugs)!

I can assure you, that the right picture hasn't met photoshop to alter the hairstyle. That's what it looks like on my redguard, which is a shame because I was really looking forward to using that hairstyle on her :(
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Cutting Edge style, too bad about the line... It might also be a good idea to submit a ticket for these CS purchases, since there is a category specific for the CS, and presumably it might help to bring it to their attention quicker (because this has been reported a while ago again in the forums as well).
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pointed this out on their release and it hasn't been fixed yet.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear developers - Especially the team that is responsible for creating new character cosmetics,

Hi, big fan of yours! But I have come to bring something negative to your attention.

The last two hairstyles that you've released didn't seem to make it through quality control properly.
    (And I'm not saying this to insult you guys, I'm just assuming there is such a thing as quality control for new crown store stuff)

The "Short mussed Wave" wasn't optimized for all races and doesn't fit the head of a female redguard. It's quite (not a bit, quite) a bummer to spend crowns on something that isn't working properly but has been brought to the store twice this year.

Same goes for "Cutting Edge" (First released this summer) which places a big white spot on the neck of your character that remains strongly visible since it's a short hairstyle. Mistakes like this surely can happen during development and I'm the last person to point a finger at you guys for overseeing this the first time. You're human, [snip] happens. And I don't doubt that you guys are already pretty busy with god knows what right now.

But it hasn't been fixed since both of them were (one even for the second time) released months ago, so I'd like to brings this to your attention in hopes of an overhaul.

Crowns-well-spend.png

[Edited for Censor Bypass]

Wouldn't it help if you submitted a bug report with screenshots using the proper methods so they can be made more aware of the bugs? Plus, this isn't even in the bug reports section so I doubt they're looking for things to fix here.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="NoticeMeArkay;d-618618"

Crowns-well-spend.png

[/quote]

I was going to buy that Cutting Edge Hair Style when it was offered , but after previewing it(and luckily my char was using The Deadlands Firewalker personality which tilts your head downwards somewhat) and saw that unsightly white gash, I thought better of it. At 40 Crown Gems/2000 Seals of Endeavors I would expect better quality control, but it's not just hair, it's costumes, & adornments too- the art dept 's getting sloppy.

• BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering what the heck was up with that white splotch on the back of my character's head. I may have to switch back to the dreads until it's fixed.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember those Horror Within body markings for Greymoor chapter event? It was bugged with black textures on half of costumes and styles and it took ZOS about a year to fix it.

Remember Seafarer-something-something hairstyle that made your hair several tones darker and was deemed "working as intended"?

Even noticed how broken Unruly Bangs look on khajiit?

Don't hold your breath.
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I sympathize on this issue. I authored the bug post on the mis-rigged “Treasure Hunter Costume - Shoulder Bugged.”

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/536559/treasure-hunter-costume-shoulder-bugged#latest

It seems like it takes a while to get reported bugs/texture issues resolved.

The game is pretty great though, so I have hope they’ll address our issues at some point.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Short Mussed Wave" returns once again to the crown store. Can anybody confirm that is has been fixed yet?

Bild-2022-10-31-192534281.png
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll probably never get 'fixed.'

SMW isn't new - it was only available to players since last year, but it was added to the game way back when the Thieves Guild DLC dropped. It's actually got an internal ItemID lower than some of the basegame hairstyles. At that point, it was specifically male-only (which is why no female NPCs have ever worn it). They only made it both genders because of how the flag was set back then.

The old hairstyles, SMW included, only fit one gender. Even the ones that are available for both genders use different models (most obvious on the "Long and Combed Back" style, which is a bit longer on women and also has hair physics; or the "Medium Corn Rows" style, which is significantly longer on women). As time went on, they started including proper morphs for both genders and all morphs for all races as well.

Essentially, SMW was not designed to have been available for female characters... but we all would like all cosmetics to be general (including the other basegame styles). 'Fixing it' means 'give it a proper female morph.' As a sidenote... I'm sure that's one of the reasons Zeira's style isn't available since that's only ever been on female NPCs. We can see that the male model is a bit bigger than the female model, so if they made Zeira's available for both genders then it would clip through the forehead for men, and be a lot more obvious than SMW on women. Also notice how long it took for Draping Locks to get added (first seen in the Orsinium DLC, but not added to the files until recently) since they did take the time to add the missing racial morphs.

Now if it works as other Bethesda games have (which it might not, and my knowledge of modding is only cursory to begin with), it's only got one mesh in the files (well two, one for humans and one khajiit), so it'll need to be rebuilt completely to be able to point to more morphs first, and then they can add in the missing ones.

I think that, as much as they don't normally touch cosmetics in the first place, this one will specifically be one of the last they'd do because it's more than one issue. Something like the Unruly Bangs (and Magenta Rainbow) bug where the female Khajiit points to the female human mesh instead of the Khajiit mesh is a lot easier since that's all in the game and it's just a ref error... and that's not been addressed.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll probably never get 'fixed.'

SMW isn't new - it was only available to players since last year, but it was added to the game way back when the Thieves Guild DLC dropped. It's actually got an internal ItemID lower than some of the basegame hairstyles. At that point, it was specifically male-only (which is why no female NPCs have ever worn it). They only made it both genders because of how the flag was set back then.

The old hairstyles, SMW included, only fit one gender. Even the ones that are available for both genders use different models (most obvious on the "Long and Combed Back" style, which is a bit longer on women and also has hair physics; or the "Medium Corn Rows" style, which is significantly longer on women). As time went on, they started including proper morphs for both genders and all morphs for all races as well.

Essentially, SMW was not designed to have been available for female characters... but we all would like all cosmetics to be general (including the other basegame styles). 'Fixing it' means 'give it a proper female morph.' As a sidenote... I'm sure that's one of the reasons Zeira's style isn't available since that's only ever been on female NPCs. We can see that the male model is a bit bigger than the female model, so if they made Zeira's available for both genders then it would clip through the forehead for men, and be a lot more obvious than SMW on women. Also notice how long it took for Draping Locks to get added (first seen in the Orsinium DLC, but not added to the files until recently) since they did take the time to add the missing racial morphs.

Now if it works as other Bethesda games have (which it might not, and my knowledge of modding is only cursory to begin with), it's only got one mesh in the files (well two, one for humans and one khajiit), so it'll need to be rebuilt completely to be able to point to more morphs first, and then they can add in the missing ones.

I think that, as much as they don't normally touch cosmetics in the first place, this one will specifically be one of the last they'd do because it's more than one issue. Something like the Unruly Bangs (and Magenta Rainbow) bug where the female Khajiit points to the female human mesh instead of the Khajiit mesh is a lot easier since that's all in the game and it's just a ref error... and that's not been addressed.

I can see where you're going with this and as I've been following certain forum posts about "missing hairstyles" for as long as I've been playing, I can very well understand why you come to this conclusion.

The reason why I made this post is that it would have cost little to no effort to:

1.) Lock the hair for female models, as certain hairstyles are locked behind certain races.
    2.) Put a disclaimer in the crown store description that clearly reads "Males only"
    3.) Not advertise a hairstyle that hasn't been optimized for female models on a female head bust.

And since none of this happened and the hairstyle has been sold twice now, for a third time next month, I think that Zos should either make sure that players know what they are spending their money on or pull the hairstyle from the crown store until they found the time to have it work as advertised.

I fully understand that this takes time and with no doubts doesn't sit in the top ten of their priorities. It shouldn't.
    And as much as I love seeing new hairstyles or other, recently locked, cosmetics being added to the game, I absolutely prefer to have them look into things that negatively affect my game experience on a more regular level first.

The unintentional false advertisement and missing disclaimers are, what's bugging me. And I'm not saying that this is happening because they "don't care". Not at all. I strongly believe that they do care, otherwise I wouldn't have adressed this in the first place.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: The issue sadly remains. The hairstyle has not been optimized for female models yet, despite being advertised on a female head bust and returning to the shop for the third time today.
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: Thank you Zos! You made a lot of people really happy today!

Bild-2022-12-05-151738422.png
    Edited by NoticeMeArkay on December 5, 2022 2:19PM
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Good going.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)