Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil PVP campaign Balance

amadeus001
Hi everyone, i am a pretty experienced PVP player now on NA server in Grey Host.

I am finding more than ever the toxicity of PVP becoming worse, and i underwhelmed by Developer response (or lack of response) to what i would consider to be the fairness of the game and the spirit of play.

Firstly i woudl like to address some actions straight outlawed in the game.

1) Logging onto an alt toon and stealing Volundrung and handing to your own faction, or scrolls from your opposing team.
2) Creating a truce with another faction. (teaming is killing this game in my opinion)
3) Logging onto an alt toon and turning seige around.
4) any other action that is not considered within the spirit fo the goal of the game. (commnity feel free to reply with other tactics and gameplay that should be outlawed)

Can i ask, do developers actually login to the game to monitor this behaviour? Is this acceptable to them? Can we ask for a clear statement about this so that we can report banned behaviour?

As far as popluation imbalance.

Do the population meters work, and if so how do they work? How accurate and timely are they? Why after the end of a campaign arent populations and hours played by factions recorded with the campaign results. The movements of players across factions to the winning faction should be addressed as well? Can the developers issue some kind of statement about how they feel about the state of play in Cyrodiil, their concerns and what they are doing about it? IF the developers will not post campaign population, why on earth not? What benefit is this is NOT posting populations?

It is clear that player behaviour does NOT seek fairness and balance in these campaigns, and ZOS shoudl be doing something more about this in my view.

Map - can we ask for some new maps or can we turn the direction of the gates around? Seems as if there are some strategic benefits to factions like the one way Nikel Gate for example.

I also wonder what it would be like just to have a two faction war. There would be no teaming for sure and perhaps less faction swapping. If a map gets run over by one faction, there is also no argument about population and developers ability to moderate this behaviour.

I am personally tired of being run over my two factions at the same time simultaneously and teamed, and i do NOT like when our population steam rolls another group either. I don't think that is what is intended.

Will we actually get developers in PVP proactively looking to balance out gameplay and be more active and getting rid of bad behaviour?

Guys, i have written this to create conversation about making the game fair and balanced again and it is not an invitation to attack or critcise me. I would love the community and developers start to be proactive in positive contribution to the game and changes for everyone's benefit.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of us feel the same way. Not sure if anything will/can be done about it. I'll add something to the list... Boosting. Which is, more or less, having friends of a different faction letting you kill them at a flagged objective in order to get free ap over and over again thus "boosting" past other people trying to get emporer.

If someone is lucky enough to catch, gameclip, and report someone boosting I think they should get permabanned from the game. Because.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amadeus001 wrote: »
    Can i ask, do developers actually login to the game to monitor this behaviour? Is this acceptable to them? Can we ask for a clear statement about this so that we can report banned behaviour?
    No, they don't, and they have never enforced any consistent standards for acceptable sportsmanship. There's a lot of things they have no clear policy for, players had to ask for years how they enforced reports for t-bagging and the best I've ever heard them say is basically "we'll discipline the t-bagger but only if they were previously asked to stop." Not exactly concrete. This sort of troll behavior in itself is another sign of how badly this PvP has fallen into disrepair.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T-bagging shouldn't even be on the list of things we ask them to police. For goodness sakes there is actual cheating going on.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    T-bagging shouldn't even be on the list of things we ask them to police. For goodness sakes there is actual cheating going on.
    It was the only example I could think of hearing ZOS actually say something about regarding poor player behavior. They really don't enforce anything with any consistency regarding cheating, sportsmanship, chat toxicity, etc.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • amadeus001
    Thanks guys, can we also add other unsportsmanlike (trolling) game play to this thread. ZOS, this is a direct question to the Dev's. Players really want an answer about what ZOS officially is doing on all these fronts?
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few things....fighting in a 3 way fight there will always be times when 2 factions focus 1, people complain about team orange, green purple etc all the time..it is just a natural mechanic of how cyrodiil is set up.....You also have to understand that there are going to be people on your faction ( and all factions) that just won't partake in zerging down solos and small groups ..it has nothing to do with truces or bad sportsmanship ...just their preferred play style. As far as the turning siege etc, yeah that is poor showing...the hammer, well that is another beast...there are way more things they need to address about it's functionality before addressing people handing it to opposing factions. I have grabbed the hammer and kept my faction from using it to gate a map during lower populated times or in lower populated campaigns because I knew it would kill the map for a period etc....is that bad sportsmanship or trolling? I am sure some would say yeah, but imho it is not....In the end, the performance issues should be addressed before anything else in my eyes. There are plenty of things you can control about your game play and play style, about what actions of others you let bother you etc..that is all in your hands as a player. What we cannot control are the things like poor server performance, bugs that have been present for months, years etc. I personally think that is what needs to be addressed first and foremost.
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will not be able to directly communicate with "ZOS" or "Devs". No matter how many people ask the same questions, we never get answers. Ever. Sometimes we get updates from community managers and marketing. In most cases these updates tell us that there are no updates. Patchnotes are the most useful part of this forum. Sometimes there are interesting conversations between players. But it's not possible to directly talk to anyone who really knows what's going on with the game. Same with customer service.

Asking for more policing and harder punishments will not help you navigate in this big and unfair world. You will have to find other solutions. Most attempts to control human behaviour end up in tragedies. We are already overpoliced and shouldn't ask for more. Don't forget, this is a videogame, nobody can really hurt you in the game and you can always block and ignore toxic players. If you don't attack and criticize other people, most people will not attack and criticize you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rph_1DODXDU

I stumbled over a quote yesterday. It made me think of the connection between the state of this game, and the behavior of some of its players. Quark (Star Trek): "Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, Nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people, as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people... will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon."
  • Bowmanganie
    Bowmanganie
    ✭✭
    I honestly do not see how ZOS could police someone having an alt account to do stuff with, since it is possible that it could be an actual different person in the same household. Plus it helps their "active player count", so they do not have any real incentive to try to do anything about it.
    I only sometimes do PvP, but I do seem the same players a lot. PvP seems to be a group that gets to know each other and communicate in the game to help skirt around rules and use them to their own advantage. Other than someone actually using assistance programs, or messing with the actual code or gameplay of the game, I really do not see how ZOS could effectively and fairly enforce some kind of "good sportmanship" rules. I am sure they would listen to any suggestions, but the game has been around 8 years and if they have not figured it out by now, it will be what it will be.
    Maybe, if they had a timer on that if you were around a player of a different color and not damaging them long enough that you would turn into Team Orange, Green, or Purple and be able to be damaged by ANY Red, Yellow, OR Blue player it may help?? But even then that could be used to greif people so shrug.. Like if a Yellow player runs up to a Red player and drops the hammer and no damage is done could both player become an enemy of the map? So in that way anyone could damage them for a period of time? IDK, just thoughts off the top of my head. What ever rule is implemented folks will figure a way to use it to mess with others.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a DC pug herder on PC NA GH who has on multiple occasions logged on to his AD account and taken a DC scroll from the temple and sat in Rayles with it for an hour until it resets.

We know it's the same player because his @names are advertised by him in zone.

I realise it's unlikely anything will happen, but it sad when people resort to this kind of thing.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, i'm sure dev themself are cheating with alliance score & population.

Last time I saw it, was 1 or 2days ago on greyhost EU:
    - AD 23k points, DC 18k, EP 17k. In the late evening all pop were 1bar but DC got almost the whole map and all scrolls, but...
    - EP had lowpop bonus which make them have enough points per hour to stay in the party.
    There's no reason to give them lowscore bonus, but for balance score they got it.

for me it is a kind of cheat from dev ^^'
    Edited by Xarc on December 19, 2022 12:17PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »
    You know, i'm sure dev themself are cheating with alliance score & population.

Last time I saw it, was 1 or 2days ago on greyhost EU:
    - AD 23k points, DC 18k, EP 17k. In the late evening all pop were 1bar but DC got almost the whole map and all scrolls, but...
    - EP had lowpop bonus which make them have enough points per hour to stay in the party.
    There's no reason to give them lowscore bonus, but for balance score they got it.

for me it is a kind of cheat from dev ^^'

Actual population isn't relevant for low-pops bonus. Situation during previous time is. EP he's probably low pop and DC high pop when DC took over map. DC log-off when all map was blue and their pop fall to 1 bar. EP was at one bar all the time, so they had low-pop bonus rightly.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Points should scale with population
    Ie - if you have 3 bars and enemy factions are at 1 bar, your points are reduced by a significant percentage. If you have 3 bars and enemy factions are at 3 bars, your points are not reduced at all
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Play on an alliance-locked campaign.
    2. Truces, or alliances between alliances, have been in Cyrodiil since the test servers. Time has proven it is not killing the game and is a regular aspect of war. Then there is that Zenimax would not be able to prevent such actions.
    3. Again, play on an alliance-locked campaign. That is what they are there for. Further, this is rare.

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    amadeus001 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i am a pretty experienced PVP player now on NA server in Grey Host.

Firstly i woudl like to address some actions straight outlawed in the game.

1) Logging onto an alt toon and stealing Volundrung and handing to your own faction, or scrolls from your opposing team.
    3) Logging onto an alt toon and turning seige around.

Since you play on Gray Host neither of those things should be possible. Never discount the possibility that a complete newbie/idiot just picked up Volendrung/the scroll. Or a troll. Trolls exist in this game.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These things are possible because of alt ACCOUNTS not characters.

There is nothing that can be done, only the Cyrodiil ESO community can make it change.
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    That's, dear amadeus001, exactly, what I'm screaming in zone chat from time to time. ZOS failed with ONE TAMRIELL patch, that is, what is wrong with the game. It became cheater's best with mixed guilds and discord. And sorry, I know how PvP works, I am not a newcomer, but changed to NA to check up to talk about.

The, we are all so family is exactly the point what is *** up the PvP. EVERY OTHER game in the world has the same separation. fraction against fraction. but ***, when I can have 18 toons with different fractions + mixed guilds with discord, honey ... the game is lost. you can't form any group without running risk having 11 toxic player with you witch are only playing cat and mouse with you instead of playing against the enemy. In my case I talk about organized bulling of one player, but ZOS is doing nothing!!! Realy, I love the game, but ZOS is failing all day long and this for 8 years+ now. NO FUN! I can't form ANY group, I can't form ANY guild, all over toxic gameplayer. That is, what is turrning the gameplay in PvP unbalanced. Special when the community is bulling a special player like me! This is the perfect cheater game and a fraud produced by ZOS itself.

For my point ZOS hasn't in mind to bring out a balanced and fair gameplay ... please, ZOS, chancel the TOC, because you lie with it!
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, just turn us all into mercenaries then. Put all campaigns on the same 30 day schedule and every month we pick which faction our characters will all play for. It certainly would save the trouble of creating duplicate characters on other factions and may even help balance populations a bit more. ZOS wouldn't do that because that would cut into their crown store profits but it's the best I could come up with.

Who even cares about campaign results anymore anyways, it's all about getting an entertaining fight, win or lose (preferably win). So much happens off hours that what we do when we play does not have as much to do with scoreboards and campaign wins, and the rewards are not all that impressive anyway unless you're hard up for cash and need some gold mara's pieces to sell.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭