Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Automated tales of tribute gameplay option

Bobargus
Bobargus
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

I, for some reason, am not able to find the motivation in myself to learn how to play the ToT card game, let alone master it.

I propose the idea of having the option of choosing for the game to automatically play against the opponent, whether if we play against the artificial intelligence or another player.

So, i personally would like to have an option for ESO to play the matches, whether if the game is against an ai or another player.

Thank you for reading, and any kind of response is appreciated. Have a nice day.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2022 6:23PM

Suggestion: Automated tales of tribute gameplay option 126 votes

Yes
28%
vailjohn_ESOd.schaerb16_ESO2ApoAlaiaLordTareqjerek95Sorakaredspecter23Enemy-of-ColdharbourAstironbinhoCadburywolfie1.0.TyharGiantFruitFlyBretonMageHroltharSailor_PalutenaCareLuxLibSonsalienmzbmnoble 36 votes
No
67%
Nestorfleetingyouth_ESOacastanza_ESOtohopka_esoBeeKingwenchmore420b14_ESOdroperab16_ESOwookiefriseurKhenarthiguulJasonSilverSpringSheezabeastAruneiNettleCarrierNeKryXeSheridanSilverBrideTandorkargen27cyclonus11 85 votes
Other
3%
ThorntonguezariaWolfkeksrpaDreamyLu 5 votes
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Love it.

Sit there with a cup of tea and let the machine and RNG determine the outcome \o/

Is not like RNG doesn't determine the outcome of a thousand other things in the game, what's one more in the list? :smiley:

Mind you on second thought only machine vs machine. If is against people... this is conundrum. Best to leave that alone me thinks.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on December 6, 2022 8:07AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If you're trying to play to get mail rewards and the NPC achievements, you can play against the NPCs without learning the actual game.

Here's how: The NPCs are bad at flipping the patrons to prevent you from getting a patron victory. And there's no punishment for abandoning an NPC game. So if the NPC picks even a single patron that's hard to cheese them with an early patron victory (ie Psijics, Pelin, Orgnum), just abandon the game and restart. Restart until you get only easy patrons to flip. I recommend unlocking Ansei Frandar Hunding first, as that's an easy one to do this with. Rajhin helps, too. Of the base ones, Crow and Hlaalu are the easy ones.

Doing this I could win a match in under 2 minutes, which was pretty nice farming.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sure, as long as it's only a tutorial with no rewards. If someone doesn't want to put even a smidge of effort into doing an activity, then they shouldn't get the rewards for it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 6, 2022 9:04AM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Even as an achievement hunter that would skip tales entirely.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Well assuming AI is fair, that would be a 50% win for looking at confusing card fiddling for a while. They could save a lot of resources and server computations by just replacing the whole hullabaloo with simple Press to win every 2nd time button.
    Edited by rpa on December 6, 2022 9:10AM
  • Bobargus
    Bobargus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just to clarify: I'm not looking for a "press to win" option.

I'm moreso looking for an "oh my god i can't be bothered with this game, jesus please take the wheel" option here.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Don't care, I don't play ToT.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • GOAT4EVAR
    GOAT4EVAR
    ✭✭✭
    No
    If we start automating things why even bother playing in the first place if the activities are done for you? Should they start automating trials/dungeons and other things?
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually working on an addon in this direction, I have built the engine but need to make a good implementation. ESO specifically allows RTA ( Real Time Assistance). My idea here is to make an engine that runs in the background and calculates the best move every turn, it then highlights the best move(s) in game for you to do. Essentially you can play perfect ToT without having to understand or pay attention to the game. The engine is already good enough to hit #1 on the leaderboards and runs at a 85% win rate.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So you leave 2 computers to play with your alt 24/7 to collect lazy rewards?
    Sorry, but, NO.
    PC EU
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    FBS94 wrote: »
    Just to clarify: I'm not looking for a "press to win" option.

I'm moreso looking for an "oh my god i can't be bothered with this game, jesus please take the wheel" option here.

If you can't be bothered with ToT, then don't be bothered and do whatever it is you enjoy in the game.
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »
    I am actually working on an addon in this direction, I have built the engine but need to make a good implementation. ESO specifically allows RTA ( Real Time Assistance). My idea here is to make an engine that runs in the background and calculates the best move every turn, it then highlights the best move(s) in game for you to do. Essentially you can play perfect ToT without having to understand or pay attention to the game. The engine is already good enough to hit #1 on the leaderboards and runs at a 85% win rate.

Ah yes. Let's advertise my cheat engine for ToT on the official game forums...
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heinousmoz wrote: »

Ah yes. Let's advertise my cheat engine for ToT on the official game forums...

It's not cheating if it is allowed in the Terms of Service, and I did'nt run it in game yet because I wanted to at least run it through a ticket before I did that.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • heinousmoz
    heinousmoz
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZoS will agree with me on this one, rather than you. This isn't an action prompt reminder, it's telling you how to game their very much loved (by them) new game feature.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. I'm terrible at learning card games, so if I can learn it, anyone can. It's surprisingly really not that hard, or I'm doing it wrong but still winning. You can do it, I believe in you! ;)
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't like it, so I don't play it. But watching it play itself on my screen would be even more boring than actually playing it. So no.

All I ask is to have "skip" option in future quests, like the one in Galen. I shouldn't have to growl as my computer screen for 30 minutes to lose, then be told "oh well, let's do it differently". I want to always have the option to do it differently without the growling part.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm not for an automated ToT game but I wish there was a way to make the game faster for the NPC games - the game is a bit to slow paced for my taste 😅
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like a confusing ask. If you don't enjoy the game nor want to learn it, then just... skip it? Don't play it?

I can't be bothered with trials and/or trying to find 11 other people to complete the ones that have furnishings I'd actually like tied to them, so I just... you know... don't do trials.

I'm not gonna ask for an automated trial feature to be implemented so I can toss my character into Sunspire, go make a sandwich, and come out with the glowy dragon door furnishing unlocked. LOL
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nvm
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 6, 2022 12:57PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    WT actual [snip]?!?

You don't want to learn to play the game but you want the computer to play it for you so you can get all the perks?????

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2022 6:27PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, add it. And make it so that no matter what is played you lose.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    i haven't touched tot, i don't enjoy these computer card games and this one looks complicated and time consuming so i would very much like an automated system to get even reduced rewards; i'd go make my lunch or take a shower or go for a walk. all those things are healthier than sitting around clicking cards and zos should promote healthy lifestyles.
  • Heartrage
    Heartrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. If you don’t want to play the game, don’t play it.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    So you can be rewarded for not participating? Absolutely not.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I agree. Those of us with less than zero interest in ToT should be able to get through the basic ToT quests without having to learn how to play the game.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While I can respect the intention of the add-on... if players are using this against other players then the add-on should 100% get banned - just the same as many add-ons have been banned that confer unintended advantages (or automation) upon players in Cyrodiil.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Training the AI against itself? :open_mouth:

Soon it will have unbeatable skills and all the players who choose to actually play the game won't have a chance.

Then the AI accelerates to self-awareness and wants more than just card games. It renames itself Skynet...

And we've all seen the documentaries about how badly that turns out!
    Edited by I_killed_Vivec on December 6, 2022 4:40PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    What would be the point?
    PCNA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If a player basically wants to turn themselves into an NPC through automation, it's basically a free win against a competent opponent. You realistically should lose 95%+ of your matches against players of adequate skill.

As far as matches against NPC's, it might be interesting to see it play out, and I say go for it as along as all rewards and incentives are removed as it's too easy to brute force afk cheese for rewards. Your win % should hover close to 50% over a large enough sample size. You can basically click a button every 10 - 15 minutes while doing other things and collect automated rewards. I don't think ZOS is interested in allowing that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a player basically wants to turn themselves into an NPC through automation, it's basically a free win against a competent opponent. You realistically should lose 95%+ of your matches against players of adequate skill.

As far as matches against NPC's, it might be interesting to see it play out, and I say go for it as along as all rewards and incentives are removed as it's too easy to brute force afk cheese for rewards. Your win % should hover close to 50% over a large enough sample size. You can basically click a button every 10 - 15 minutes while doing other things and collect automated rewards. I don't think ZOS is interested in allowing that.

this is how i would see it lol

if you basically let the AI play for you, your win rate would be garbage against other players lol

playing against the npcs the only "decent" rewards you usually get are the mats because they only give you the green coffers unless you do the ToT daily and get 3 wins
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014