Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your Tales Pet Peeve

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What's your top 3 biggest frustrations when playing Tales of Tribute, and why? Don't care about if you find it balanced or not. It's okay if you find it frustrating but don't think it needs a nerf. Just what is a pain point to you? The thing that really grinds your gears.
Edited by spartaxoxo on December 1, 2022 2:02AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The things that bother me most are

1. Rahjiin Patron Spam
    There's nothing more frustrating in a card game than an opponent gaining permanent control of some aspect of your deck. I feel like these should expire, or at least combo with any card. There shouldn't be permanent disruption IMO. This deck is more interesting when the patron isn't being spammed.

2. Druid King Agents
    It feels like playing against a raid boss, and even my own moves can help the opponent. It doesn't feel like this deck has any weaknesses. Maybe I'm just not good enough against it yet.

3. Orgnum Patron Spam
    This just makes the game feel so much more RNG than it even Pelin rush. Orgnum is an interesting deck when the patron isn't being spammed, but when it is, it makes the game less fun.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The Ranking System
      I find it completely unfair and feel that a win is a win and a loss is a loss and all games should earn or lose an equal amount of points.
    2. "Bump" "Bump" "Bump" "Bump" "Bump"
      Combos that go on forever trigger something very unpleasant in me and when I see them start up I just concede regardless of what the score is.
    3. Opponent "Thinking"
      I've even had opponents sit and "think" the entire 90 seconds on their very first turn.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 2, 2022 7:00AM
    PCNA
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPC card playing speed. They can easily go a bit faster than they do now and still be slow enough for learners to see what is happening

The current ranking system. I'm not sure what is going on with it but i get to rubedite, then after a few days I seem to always seem to get paired with someone who apparently is a better player than I am but ranked much lower, so when i lose, it is always to the maximum level drop of 150 points, and if I do win its a handful of points. I'm a rubbish PVP player, there can't be a huge number of these rubedite players lower than me who are also better players
    Soupy twist
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Not being able to return to the match when the game crashes. (unlike dungeons or any other online game)

2. Being matched with the same player countless times in the same day.

3. Receiving 0 points on a ranked victory or lose 150 points on a loss or because the match didn't launch.

Edited by NeKryXe on December 1, 2022 9:18AM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike that you get punished for conceding a match. Conceding should just be a fair win to the other player, like in chess, tipping your king or in poker folding your deck, not an 8-10 min ban/cooldown.
    Some times you know very soon into a game because of the cards dealt you will loose. Quitting should be allowed.

I dislike that when you get massive deck combos it takes so long for the animations to happen, you cannot use cards while the animations are going and there and no increase to your timer that you are often forced to play so fast and never get to use all your tools.

I don't think it is fair that at least in the orc-rubedite ranks that the opponents should be able to use the latter decks (and now druid) as you yourself may have just started and have not even got those decks so have no idea how to use them because you couldn't practice against NPCs with them.

I don't think the best reward for the daily PVP quest, or PVE quests should be 3 matches, or if it is, 3 matches, not 3 wins. It can be very time consuming.
    3 matches or 1 of those a win should be better.
    Not all of us want to play cards but we all want the achievements (I guess) and all want the rewards.
  • droperab16_ESO
    That you get a time penalty when you give up or you have to wait for 5min till your opponent finish his prestige or patron win.
    There are many games where you just know you lost but you have to waste your time because of that. There should be no penalty in surrendering, it should be part of the game. Specialy with the new druid deck that takes for ever.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I actually used to support the concede penalty. However, now I don't lol.
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Bad draws, thats it. Thats all that really gets to me, its just having such good cards and never drawing them til the last minute when its too late.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    Bad draws, thats it. Thats all that really gets to me, its just having such good cards and never drawing them til the last minute when its too late.

Agreed. I can take losing a good card or two because it popped up on my opponent's turn, but when basically ALL the good cards go their way, it's such disheartening RNG and reaches a point where it's almost impossible to try and overcome the advantage.

One match went so lop-sided so early the other day that it was actually my first conceded match ever. I was just so frustrated and it was clear my opponent could just quickly end it, but instead they were sitting there self-*** themselves with an endless combo to show off so I bounced. Like, congratulations on your RNG luck, I am so impressed at the "skill" of that and you showing off like you actually did something impressive.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    You know, I actually used to support the concede penalty. However, now I don't lol.

im curious what changed your mind
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me play any level of NPC I want, regardless of my rank.
    Novice is so painfully bad, it isn't even interesting practice for a beginner after about my 4th-5th match.

Be able to turn off auto-playing my cards for me, I don't care if it is the only play I have.
    How can I learn if the computer is making my plays for me.
    The NPC has nothing better to do, who cares how long the match takes.

Find a better way to match random players together. I have won 1 game, and I could tell that it was only because that guy was having horrible luck getting any cards, lol. It's interesting to play people way better, though, I learned a lot about the Crow deck yesterday because one guy went from like 28 to 58 pts on last hand, on the last move due to all the combos.
    But it's kind of hard on the ego when you just want someone more your own skill level for a "casual" match.

I'm sure these issues are only applicable to someone like me who only started playing yesterday.
    But, think how many people who sit down and give it a try but just give up because of some of these issues.

• PinkApple
    PinkApple
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Let me play any level of NPC I want, regardless of my rank.
    Novice is so painfully bad, it isn't even interesting practice for a beginner after about my 4th-5th match.

Be able to turn off auto-playing my cards for me, I don't care if it is the only play I have.
    How can I learn if the computer is making my plays for me.
    The NPC has nothing better to do, who cares how long the match takes.

Find a better way to match random players together. I have won 1 game, and I could tell that it was only because that guy was having horrible luck getting any cards, lol. It's interesting to play people way better, though, I learned a lot about the Crow deck yesterday because one guy went from like 28 to 58 pts on last hand, on the last move due to all the combos.
    But it's kind of hard on the ego when you just want someone more your own skill level for a "casual" match.

I'm sure these issues are only applicable to someone like me who only started playing yesterday.
    But, think how many people who sit down and give it a try but just give up because of some of these issues.

You can actually turn off the autoplay function! And I would heavily advise anyone who plans on being semi-competitive with the game does, as autoplay will prevent you from making certain combos work in the right order and prevents some moves entirely.

@PinkApple on NA servers Finished #1 NA Season 1 Finished #1 NA+EU Season 2 -- Check out my Tales of Tribute youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/PinkAppleYT
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    PinkApple wrote: »
    You can actually turn off the autoplay function! And I would heavily advise anyone who plans on being semi-competitive with the game does, as autoplay will prevent you from making certain combos work in the right order and prevents some moves entirely.

Appreciate it, who knows how long I'd have gone without realizing that!
    Also, it was actually your video about the Duke of Crows deck that I watched. Thank you very much.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunatearz wrote: »

I realized that the leaderboards already have built in protection to someone spamming concedes, probably too aggressive tbh, in the way it assigns points for a loss. And also that the RNG in a card game makes concession make more sense than say a shooter, because there's less ability to come back at some points. Other games I had based my previous opinion on, people often gave up too easily. And I do still see that happening with this game, but not as often. I also noticed the lack of concede seemed to encourage people intentionally stalling out games, which is not really something I encountered in other games.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    The penalty for picking second is too great. The extra coin should be useable at anytime.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭

I realized that the leaderboards already have built in protection to someone spamming concedes, probably too aggressive tbh, in the way it assigns points for a loss. And also that the RNG in a card game makes concession make more sense than say a shooter, because there's less ability to come back at some points. Other games I had based my previous opinion on, people often gave up too easily. And I do still see that happening with this game, but not as often. I also noticed the lack of concede seemed to encourage people intentionally stalling out games, which is not really something I encountered in other games.

Just do the ToT quest on multiple characters. It takes a couple minutes, and it allows you to get extra purple coffers on each character you do it. The abandonment penalty is character specific.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »

Just do the ToT quest on multiple characters. It takes a couple minutes, and it allows you to get extra purple coffers on each character you do it. The abandonment penalty is character specific.

Another reason I decided the penalty was pointless lol.
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orgnum is my "concede immediately" pain point. If it gets picked I leave. It's super dull play. It's almost like a pay to win patron.

Is it obvious I don't like Orgnum? :D
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The penalty for picking second is too great. The extra coin should be useable at anytime.

Or whoever goes second should be able to shuffle one card out of the tavern before the first turn
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gruumsh1 wrote: »
    Orgnum is my "concede immediately" pain point. If it gets picked I leave. It's super dull play. It's almost like a pay to win patron.

Just wait until you start playing against Druid King.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭

Just wait until you start playing against Druid King.

imagine the sorc king and druid in combo... sigh.. that sux too
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Or whoever goes second should be able to shuffle one card out of the tavern before the first turn

I second this.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “Server has timed out” error message boot back to main screen mid-match when my Internet connection is just fine.

Nothing makes me close app faster, ZOS.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest pet peeve is the starting factions, Pellin and Red Eagle, because their starter cards only give 1 power rather than giving a gold.

This creates a number of bad outcome games where one doesn't get to buy a card presented to them on the first turn because they drew a power card.

This just isn't a fun variance and it is somewhat exploitable like when counerpicking Rajinn with the hopes of picking up a Pounce/Grand that the opponent failed to access due to drawing a power generator rather than a coin. These starter cards also don't get to contribute to later game combos because it is so beneficial to get rid of them in exchange for writ of coins. People shouldn't want to be ditching their synergy cards - not great design.

Please just make all of the starter cards give one coin.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The UI for card selection when snagging or removing a card from the Tavern is still too hard to read. Too often I can't tell whether I'm selecting or deselecting something, and don't make the choice I wanted to.

Fortunately, I play only against NPCs and hence almost always win anyway, but still ...
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having Internet poop out in the middle of a tight match.

Coming back online to the deserter penalty timeout.

Double kick in the nuts.
  • kloverleaf
    kloverleaf
    ✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

Agreed. I can take losing a good card or two because it popped up on my opponent's turn, but when basically ALL the good cards go their way, it's such disheartening RNG and reaches a point where it's almost impossible to try and overcome the advantage.

One match went so lop-sided so early the other day that it was actually my first conceded match ever. I was just so frustrated and it was clear my opponent could just quickly end it, but instead they were sitting there self-*** themselves with an endless combo to show off so I bounced. Like, congratulations on your RNG luck, I am so impressed at the "skill" of that and you showing off like you actually did something impressive.

Yes, this! The other day I actually messaged someone just to finish their turn because I didn't want to play with them ALL day. Then I felt bad because they messaged me back saying they were slow because they just had surgery. Ya, I felt like a jerk, but I apologized and explained what some players do.

I also can't stand it when you go up against someone who decides to run the clock out EVERY single turn. I get that sometimes you can have lag but some players think it's cute to do this.
  • kloverleaf
    kloverleaf
    ✭✭

When they chose this I pick the cat and hope I get all the kitty cards to take away their prestige. Course it only works if you can draw the cards you need. LOL
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have this particular card deck I don’t really care for, probably shouldn’t say which one since I’m still playing the ranked games to try to get one more rubedite trophy.

I really hate it when my opponent picks this patron, then doesn’t pick up the cards in the tavern and it completely fills up with them. I guess he just picked it so he could use the patron if he needed to but I’m not spending gold to clean up.

It’s happened quite a few times now.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pet peeve with the game itself is that it is lacking an action log. And that they need a white flag button that you can click if irl happens.

My pet peeve with the players of the game....well...I'm getting really annoyed with people who only start to use a patron after you use it. I can go a whole half a game never using the Hunding patron, then I use it once, and suddenly it's their favorite patron and they start using it, and ignoring the other patrons.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!