Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ToT spectator mode

DirtyDanny
DirtyDanny
Soul Shriven
I would love to see a Tales of Tribute spectator mode,
Non Matchmaking only ofcourse.
Where spectators can see both players cards.
Great for guilds that like to have a tournament and stream it.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 4:59AM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what I think of that, but I would have no problem with it.
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have zero interest in tot and have no use for a spectator mode, however, if it’s a feature the tot players want I wouldn’t have an issue with you getting it.
    Edited by Malthorne on December 6, 2022 12:40AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would definitely be cool for guild tournaments. And while I know the table you can unlock through achievements is display only since you can just directly challenge players to ToT, it would still be cool if two people in the same house could interact with that table and initiate a match together. And folks in the area could choose to spectate.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have resources spent on bugs before something like this.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean, we all would, but the reality is they continue to push out new content with new bugs regardless, so…

Edited by DragonRacer on December 6, 2022 4:46AM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • DirtyDanny
    DirtyDanny
    Soul Shriven

It could also be an opportunity,
    For new talent to develop their programming skills, before they start working on more important aspects of the game like the combat system.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play other players any more because of the ranking system. If they started allowing others to watch my games I for sure wouldn't go back to competitive play.
    PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea, I'd like to watch some matches. But they completely forgot to add ToT on friends and roster list of locations (since it's nowhere, players just disappear), so we'll never know when a friend or guildie is playing. Before they think about what you're asking, they first need to fix this. We should be able to know when players are in a ToT match by the location.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    It's a good idea, I'd like to watch some matches. But they completely forgot to add ToT on friends and roster list of locations (since it's nowhere, players just disappear), so we'll never know when a friend or guildie is playing. Before they think about what you're asking, they first need to fix this. We should be able to know when players are in a ToT match by the location.

the player character doesnt technically disappear, they just appear to stand idle where they went into tribute

seen this with players playing npcs and just see a bunch of players standing around near the npcs, i assume its the same way if you do a matchmade or pvp match because your character isnt changing locations

but i do agree it would be nice if it had a " - tribute match" or something next to the location so it would be more noticeable from a guild/friend list perspective

(i usually still use the chat to talk to people while im playing tribute games, since against npcs there is no turn time limit)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the player character doesnt technically disappear, they just appear to stand idle where they went into tribute

seen this with players playing npcs and just see a bunch of players standing around near the npcs, i assume its the same way if you do a matchmade or pvp match because your character isnt changing locations

but i do agree it would be nice if it had a " - tribute match" or something next to the location so it would be more noticeable from a guild/friend list perspective

(i usually still use the chat to talk to people while im playing tribute games, since against npcs there is no turn time limit)

Yeah, I was in my friend's house while she was decorating (she needed me to occasionally craft her stuff she didn't know the plans for) while I waited for ToT queue to pop in between. When I went into a ranked match, I asked her what my body looked like because I was curious. She said I was just standing there idle staring off into space.

It would be nice if location in roster/friends list would change to "Tribute Match" or something like that. As a GM, I try not to hide in offline mode much when I am on, but I have found many times that setting my status to "Do Not Disturb" or "Away" to try and signify that I am online but in the middle of a ToT match/unavailable so any whispers may get a delayed reply... doesn't really give the message. LOL People try and whisper me anyway and then I feel bad, especially if they've gone offline since the unanswered whisper. May have no choice but to just go offline mode to prevent that, but kinda dumb to have to flip status back and forth since usually I will do stuff in between and then queue up again.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be an interesting feature for player to player built games.

When my guild did a ToT tourney, we would stream the matches on Twitch for others to see.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really!!??? That's even worse! :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    DirtyDanny wrote: »

lets stream both players cards so they can stream snipe lol
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunatearz wrote: »

in game if you click on the persons deck or cooldown pile, it already shows you what cards are in there

but for the deck, it does not order the cards in any particular way, so unless there are 5 or less cards left in it, you dont know the draw order

you can also look at the opponents cooldown pile too

"stream sniping" would only make it easier to see what is in the opponents hand at the time of draw (you can see whats in their hand now, but i think it combines their hand with what is in their deck in the menu, so again unless theres very few cards left in their deck its virtually impossible to tell exactly what is in their hand)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭

in game if you click on the persons deck or cooldown pile, it already shows you what cards are in there

but for the deck, it does not order the cards in any particular way, so unless there are 5 or less cards left in it, you dont know the draw order

"stream sniping" would only make it easier to see what is in the opponents hand at the time of draw (you can see whats in their hand now, but i think it combines their hand with what is in their deck in the menu, so again unless theres very few cards left in their deck its virtually impossible to tell exactly what is in their hand)

a streamer being able to stream BOTH sides would be him being able to see the other persons cards. since you can only stream whats on your screen....

if it would be for spectators streaming it is only going to be getting more streamers NOT making content but watching others.... i dont think thats going to be really interesting... very small group of ppl and i dont think there are pro eso players lol for competitions lol also gambling isn't allowed to be streamed on twitch anymore i think :P
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭

when they stream and see the other persons hand they know EXACTLY whats in their hands
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when they stream and see the other persons hand they know EXACTLY whats in their hands

thats what i was mentioning, but its not like that will really help or matter that much in this game

if its in their hand they are (should) be playing every card, knowing whats in their hand wouldnt likely change too much anyway, if you see a good card in the tavern you cant get you should try to remove it so that something of lesser value appears

if your not playing all the cards in your hand, your just stalling the game at that point
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    I am a streamer and yes I do get ppl that are going to my stream when i play against them.. RANKED... its stream sniping no matter how you look at it and it gives an unfair advantage. as soon as i notice i put my full cam screen on so they don't see my hands

Edited by Lunatearz on January 6, 2023 12:53PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »
    I don't know what I think of that, but I would have no problem with it.

Same. However, I would have no issues if they added it. However, just as with streamers. I prefer to play the game myself rather than watch others play.
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    I would LOVE this! We've mused about this idea for a while now in my ToT guild. It'd be especially nice for those in my community who would like to just come hang out at the tournaments and watch games and for our championship matches at our larger monthly tournaments.
  • HalfDragoness
    HalfDragoness
    ✭✭✭
    I would personally love a spectator mode so it would be possible to set up tournaments in a guild. Would be fun.