The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Savior of Galen Xbox Achievement Not Unlocking

CGPsaint
CGPsaint
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have completed all of the necessary quests and received the Savior of Galen achievement in game, however the corresponding Xbox Achievement is not unlocking. Any way to fix this?
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anybody?
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • Morchel
    Morchel
    Soul Shriven
    i have the same problem. Ingame achievement was unlocked a few days ago, but the xbox achievement did not unlocked. I looked today at the xbox achievement with hope of a sneaky unlock in my absence and saw the unlock-% increased a little bit.
    verlass dich auf jemanden und du bist verlassen
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morchel wrote: »
    i have the same problem. Ingame achievement was unlocked a few days ago, but the xbox achievement did not unlocked. I looked today at the xbox achievement with hope of a sneaky unlock in my absence and saw the unlock-% increased a little bit.

I've been keeping an eye on it as well, and can only think that it's bugged because the completion percentage is so low. It would be amazing if we could get a response on this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

- Savior of Galen Xbox Achievement not unlocking after earning corresponding in-game achievement. Xbox Series X/NA
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue on Xbox EU. I did the quest with my wife last night and it unlocked for her, but not me despite doing the quest together.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should I go ahead and assume that nobody really looks at these bug reports?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming we've seen these reports and are investigating. Thanks!

Thank you for the heads up.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno Thanks for providing confirmation. Can you please provide the same confirmation here as well? I suspect they might be related.
    Edited by Destai on December 5, 2022 8:51PM
    Options
  • Bowmanganie
    Bowmanganie
    ✭✭
    I have had many xbox achievements not pop when I have completed the required activities in many different games. I can not remember the last one I had in ESO, but it was a few days and I logged in with a character that I did not complete the steps with and it just plunked up. Always good to let the game devs know when it happens. Sometimes it is just a waiting game. I waited two weeks for a Destiny 1 raid achievement. Was the last member of the team to get it, and the timing of it was all over the place. Some got it immediately, some a few hours later, some a day or two and me, two weeks. Computering is difficult I guess?
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    There are a few Xbox achievements in ESO that do not pop (ones that I have "completed" at least):
    - Firesong Extinguisher
    - Savior of Galen
    - Ascending Tide Scout
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please could enure when investigating achievements that these are also looked into?
    Thank you :-)
    Options
  • Cyber10
    Cyber10
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please add the these Thieves Guild achievements to the list.

Hero of Hew's Bane
    Honor among Thieves

These show as completed in the journal, but will not unlock on Xbox.

Thanks!
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Any update on this? I broke down and completed the necessary in-game achievements on a 2nd character and still no Xbox achievement. As of this time, 0.10% of players have earned the achievement, so it's clearly broken.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill gave a response on a different thread regarding this matter:
    These missing achievements are currently being looked into. As there is already a thread regarding this issue, we are going to close this one. Please use the thread below for further discussion.

Fingers crossed.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - It's been over 9 months since this was posted. Is there any update as to whether or not this has been fixed? I would like to knock this achievement out, but I also don't want to waste time fulfilling all of the requirements on another character if it's still broken!
    Edited by CGPsaint on August 16, 2023 12:05AM
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    According to TrueAchievements 46 people have unlocked the achievement since the 22nd June 2023. (Including one yesterday). I'm hoping this means it has been fixed. Will try on another character, but who knows if it'll work out...
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to TrueAchievements 46 people have unlocked the achievement since the 22nd June 2023. (Including one yesterday). I'm hoping this means it has been fixed. Will try on another character, but who knows if it'll work out...

If/when I try again, it's going to be with a brand new character that's never even set foot in Galen.

Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    If/when I try again, it's going to be with a brand new character that's never even set foot in Galen.
    Same- I'm gonna do it on an NA server character to be doubly sure as I usually play on EU.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we please get some feedback as to whether or not the Savior of Galen Xbox Achievement has been looked at and or fixed? I saw in the patch notes that several Necrom achievements were fixed, but nothing in regards to this one, which has been broken for over 10 months.

@LMarshall910 - Any luck with trying for this achievement on NA?
    Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭
    Hi @CGPsaint, I haven't tried yet, I will probably have a go after the Undaunted event. :-)
    Edited by LMarshall910 on September 6, 2023 4:03PM
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @CGPsaint, I haven't tried yet, I will probably have a go after the Undaunted event. :-)

Sounds like a plan!

Options
  • Barrenjer
    Barrenjer
    ✭✭
    For me Champion of High Isle and Champion of Blackwood won’t unlock on Xbox even though the in-game achievements are unlocked. I have made numerous reports/posts/complaints, but it has never been fixed.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Barrenjer wrote: »
    For me Champion of High Isle and Champion of Blackwood won’t unlock on Xbox even though the in-game achievements are unlocked. I have made numerous reports/posts/complaints, but it has never been fixed.

These are the two responses that we've gotten so far from multiple posts about achievements not unlocking:

May 11th:
    Our FAQ below can help with missing achievements.

What do I do if I am missing some Achievements?

May 24th:
    These missing achievements are currently being looked into. As there is already a thread regarding this issue, we are going to close this one. Please use the thread below for further discussion.

Savior of Galen Xbox Achievement Not Unlocking

@ZOS_Bill - Can we please get an update on these broken achievements?

Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭

Can we please get some feedback as to whether or not the Savior of Galen Xbox Achievement has been looked at and or fixed? I saw in the patch notes that several Necrom achievements were fixed, but nothing in regards to this one, which has been broken for over 10 months.

So I've made a start on the NA server. So far so good. The Firesong Extinguisher achievement actually dropped, so fingers crossed for Saviour of Galen does too when I've done a bit more. Still annoying that I've had to do it all again, but at least there seems to be a workaround.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So I've made a start on the NA server. So far so good. The Firesong Extinguisher achievement actually dropped, so fingers crossed for Saviour of Galen does too when I've done a bit more. Still annoying that I've had to do it all again, but at least there seems to be a workaround.

Thank you for the update. I'm contemplating giving it a whirl on a brand new character that has never set foot in Galen to see if it pops. Fingers crossed since it doesn't seem possible to get any kind of response from ZOS in regards to their broken achievements.
    Edited by CGPsaint on October 9, 2023 6:13PM
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for the update. I'm contemplating giving it a whirl on a brand new character that has never set foot in Galen to see if it pops. Fingers crossed since it doesn't seem possible to get any kind of response from ZOS in regards to their broken achievements.

Also, feel free to hit me up on Xbox/NA if you need anything to make your grind a bit easier.

Options
  • LMarshall910
    LMarshall910
    ✭✭

Also, feel free to hit me up on Xbox/NA if you need anything to make your grind a bit easier.

I've got it! Took about 10 seconds to pop after the in game achievement. So I can confirm that it works on the other server to the one you normally use. Note, I have no other characters on the NA server, have never got the achievement on the other server and that's all it needed. I can't say for sure if it will work on the EU normal server on another character as the achievements are shared across account server, but this workaround has worked. :-)
    Edited by LMarshall910 on October 9, 2023 10:41PM
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've got it! Took about 10 seconds to pop after the in game achievement. So I can confirm that it works on the other server to the one you normally use. Note, I have no other characters on the NA server, have never got the achievement on the other server and that's all it needed. I can't say for sure if it will work on the EU normal server on another character as the achievements are shared across account server, but this workaround has worked. :-)

Well, I guess that I need to make a new character on EU...

Options
  • Invincible666
    This sounds similar to the issue mentioned in this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644461/xbox-achievements/p1?new=1

Please help bring attention to this as it may be a unique issue, but it does negatively impact gamers who dedicate thousands of hours to this game.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This sounds similar to the issue mentioned in this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/644461/xbox-achievements/p1?new=1

Please help bring attention to this as it may be a unique issue, but it does negatively impact gamers who dedicate thousands of hours to this game.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've tagged mods on this post several times and beyond the first response, I've heard nothing else since then. NADA. It's the quarter of QoL, but we can't even get an update to say whether or not they're going to fix broken achievements in their game.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    goggs25 wrote: »
    [snip]

Why should Microsoft get rid of achievements instead of holding developers accountable for delivering a fully functional product?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 20, 2023 4:48PM
    Options