Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some map changes completely breaks blocking after PC update

PurpleScroll
PurpleScroll
✭✭✭✭
It appears blocking is now in an even worse state than before, because I went into a delve and was completely unable to block, regardless of swapping weapons, what input I was using, etc. After leaving the delve, I was able to block again.

This was on a Khajiit dragonknight with sword/shield and bow.
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same problem occurred in my trial team.

I would like to know if ZOS tested the bugfix before releasing the patch, this is ridiculous
    Edited by Lykeion on December 5, 2022 1:52PM
  • Cayr
    Cayr
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Appears to be instanced. It's fine and I can block with dodging and bashing in some instances, but others can't block at all in. Been porting between trials, can block fine in SS, DSR, KA, but can't at all in AS, for example. Update: seems to be instance-based. Resetting the instance eventually fixes the issue. So lottery.
    Edited by Cayr on December 5, 2022 2:46PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooo we canceled our runs last week anticipating it would be fixed this week!
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] ZoS, it’s only been 35 days so far and the fix clearly doesn’t fix it…what the actual???

Also, does this mean we have to wait a further 14 days for another attempt to correct it?

Completely unacceptable.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 5, 2022 6:42PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cayr wrote: »
    Same here. Appears to be instanced. It's fine and I can block with dodging and bashing in some instances, but others can't block at all in. Been porting between trials, can block fine in SS, DSR, KA, but can't at all in AS, for example. Update: seems to be instance-based. Resetting the instance eventually fixes the issue. So lottery.

Is it against any specific monster in AS or just all over the Trial?

Edit: Also if anyone has a video showing the issue, that would be massively helpful. We're getting a lot of mixed messages about what the issue is - if there is any issue - so that would help with our investigating. As of right now, we're not seeing block as being completely broken or in a worse state. Thanks in advance!
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on December 5, 2022 3:05PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    This is not a new bug for console on this patch. We got that bug when you did the update for console. Now pc has it.

I don’t know why you guys on PC didn’t get this initially. I have videos of us randomly getting it during vdsr, completely unprompted. Players had to travel in and out mid pull. Since firesong on console I have never finished vdsr WITH the ability to block at the end. It is rare that ANY of us finish the trial with the ability to block.
    Edited by Trenia on December 5, 2022 3:04PM
  • Cayr
    Cayr
    ✭✭✭

All monsters, but when I ported out, reset the instance, ported back in, I could block again. Hearing similar reports from some other people that they're having to reset the instance until they get lucky and can use block again. So rather than being triggered by dodging or bashing or any particular monster, something about loading into an instance is making block completely malfunction, it seems.
    Edited by Cayr on December 5, 2022 3:10PM
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All monsters, but when I ported out, reset the instance, ported back in, I could block again. Hearing similar reports from some other people that they're having to reset the instance until they get lucky and can use block again. So rather than being triggered by dodging or bashing or any particular monster, something about loading into an instance is making block completely malfunction, it seems.

Can you clarify a little? So in a bad instance all 12 people can't block, but once reset all 12 people can? Or is it a mix of people who can and can't swap? (And does resetting the instance break it for some people??)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Thanks! Are you using keyboard or gamepad? Also, are you able to possibly record a video of this happening for us?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭

Edit: Also if anyone has a video showing the issue, that would be massively helpful. We're getting a lot of mixed messages about what the issue is - if there is any issue - so that would help with our investigating. As of right now, we're not seeing block as being completely broken or in a worse state. Thanks in advance!

There is nothing you can even show with the bug. You are incapable of blocking. It happens all throughout the trial after moving to a new instance. This bug was present on console since fire song dropped, but not pc. I talked to PC players who had no idea what I was talking about. You did not release the same patch on console. Find out what you attempted to fix when you initially released it on console.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trenia wrote: »
    This is not a new bug for console on this patch. We got that bug when you did the update for console. Now pc has it.

I don’t know why you guys on PC didn’t get this initially. I have videos of us randomly getting it during vdsr, completely unprompted. Players had to travel in and out mid pull. Since firesong on console I have never finished vdsr WITH the ability to block at the end. It is rare that ANY of us finish the trial with the ability to block.
    I've had this issue (on PC) for quite some time, about a year, to be specific, but it's irregular. It's usually at the same time as being unable to equip or unequip gear (specifically weapons). Unsure what causes it as the irregular nature of it is hard to test or make a repro for.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭

Thanks! Are you using keyboard or gamepad? Also, are you able to possibly record a video of this happening for us?

https://youtu.be/HzjRp6WkO9E
  • Cayr
    Cayr
    ✭✭✭

I'm using mouse and keyboard, with RMB blocking. I can try to record, but as another person said, there's really nothing TO record. The bug is essentially....that the block doesn't work/appear. So at best, the recording would be me standing there and you can take my word that I'm holding my RMB. :D
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭

Here's a video recorded by a friend showcasing a complete inability to block upon entering the instanse of vKA. Explanation starts at 1:27.

https://youtu.be/sRPBYCK0a-U
    Edited by supersonic_kitten on December 5, 2022 3:37PM
  • Cayr
    Cayr
    ✭✭✭

Can you clarify a little? So in a bad instance all 12 people can't block, but once reset all 12 people can? Or is it a mix of people who can and can't swap? (And does resetting the instance break it for some people??)

Not sure, haven't tested with a full group of 12.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

I'm using mouse and keyboard, with RMB blocking. I can try to record, but as another person said, there's really nothing TO record. The bug is essentially....that the block doesn't work/appear. So at best, the recording would be me standing there and you can take my word that I'm holding my RMB. :D

Appreciate it. Sent you a DM for a little more info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • alexos
    alexos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno accidentally discovered a sample video in my youtube subscription box https://youtu.be/Oo3r7htWAx8
  • G0K4R
    G0K4R
    ✭✭✭
    Jack-0 wrote: »
    [snip] ZoS, it’s only been 35 days so far and the fix clearly doesn’t fix it…what the actual???

Also, does this mean we have to wait a further 14 days for another attempt to correct it?

Completely unacceptable.

No, not 14 days - 6 weeks :)

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 5, 2022 6:42PM
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is much worse
    G0K4R wrote: »
    Jack-0 wrote: »

Completely unacceptable.

No, not 14 days - 6 weeks :)

Our apologies. Have 10 crown soul gems for your troubles.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 5, 2022 6:43PM
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue happens to me when trying that. Now unable to block...
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    That really sucks was hoping they would fix it but considering they didn't fix my quest bug I'm honestly not surprised at this point :/
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't love that we had to wait so long for this fix to begin with, that the fix has arrived and it's not actually fixed is just depressing.
  • Ysarden-1
    Ysarden-1
    its funny, they say that the fix is ready since 3 weeks but obviously there was no time to test in this 3 weeks :dizzy:
  • Zand3rs
    Zand3rs
    ✭✭✭
    Well block is fixed. U can actually roll dodge and block and bash. Then something else happens and you cant anymore :)
  • BerylBones
    BerylBones
    ✭✭✭
    Adding my experience so far:
    Noticed during a vent fight in Galen that I couldn't block. Ported to a different zone and was able to block again.
  • Sallymen
    Sallymen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in to tested it, and yep. Block would just randomly not work and the only way to fix it is to port away.

This is really discouraging since I main tank for content :(
    Current Undaunted Key Count: 4,902
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was happening on PC too before today and was reported.

Had it happen seemingly randomly during the last event in vKA especially on Vrol and the last boss.
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 prog groups on console have had this issue last couple of weeks - not all 12 players get it, maybe only 1-2 people. They just can’t block any more. (Not good in vKA). Really fun when tank gets it.
    Have to log out & in again for it to return.
  • dkblight
    dkblight
    ✭✭
    Something new and fun to look forward to tonight.

So for me with the previous block issue, I had block drop for a bit, but was still able to do content.

Now what did happen more so was that my skills would not work at all, none of them, not even rez a player or LA/HA, hell sometimes the skills bar would be blank. It happened a lot on the first boss in vDoM in various spots of the boss area.

Skills stopped working and also disappeared last night doing nSG, granted there was only two of us in the dungeon. Happened when I was swapping companions.
  • Richnin
    Richnin
    ✭✭
    When you are unable to block - Changing zone actually works aswell.
    You can zone out of current zone, and then back in.

Still - ofcourse, it´s annoying.