The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QoL for Master Writs

blue_peaceful_Manticore
There's any logic reason to make only one Writs at once?

Today i almost die of tedius!
Acept Writs quest-> travel to craft-> travel to give quest

Why?! Why we can't make 3, 4, 10, 20 Writs quest at once? Read writs we wanna, craft them all and turn all at once. Why we have to complete... one-by-one? Any logic reason for this nonsence?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 26, 2022 1:50AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I want to pre-craft for some reason, I hover over each writ, screenshot, then work out a route, and pull up the screenies in a graphic app so I don't have to hover over each of them in order to get them crafted right (because I don't have a great memory for more than a couple provisioning or enchanting writs at a time). Then I can hit Deshaan, pop a 150% scroll or ambrosia, and accept/turn in each of them before running out of XP boost.

Generally this is how I do writs during double XP events, adding the scroll or ambrosia on top of the already doubled XP.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC has this feature in the form of add-ons. Can not help out, if you are on another platform.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TaSheen notes what I do. It makes it much faster than doing one writ, turning it in, then going to another.
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    i ask again if anyone know.

There's any logic reason for Developers leave this like that?! One-by-one writ (quest) .... Just why!?!?!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs know. Probably no one else does, and it's unlikely to change.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

TaSheen wrote: »

i know they know! xD
    And i bet everyone in team know this too.... But i only wanna know, if there was any logic reason for this. I dont know, but i was expecting some kind of replys like:

"...
    -There was one bug long time ago....
    -They make like that, cuz they like to let people tedious
    - Long time ago, you can make all at once... so they change it ..."

This was what i expect... but... no :\ No one know the reason behind this... and its sad :(
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s likely they don’t intend for us to collect a bunch and do them in mass. We create our own problem when we do such things.

That’s the logic.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

It’s likely they don’t intend for us to collect a bunch and do them in mass. We create our own problem when we do such things.

That’s the logic.

Probably true, but things like that always seem silly to me. Then again, I don't really care if there is or is not a logical reason.

• Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    You can start a master-writ quest for each type of master -writ at the same time. Same as you can start all 7 daily crafting writs at the same time.

The reason you can't start more than one of the same kind of master-writ is because they have the same quest name. All master-writs for jewelry are "Masterful Jewelry" blacksmithing are "Masterful Blacksmithing" and so on.

You can only have 25 quest in your journal and you can not have 2 quest with the same name. This is why you can only do one of each kind of master-writ at a time.
    Edited by Savina on September 25, 2022 4:06PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My usual method, which I think is pretty common, is to use a well stocked guild house with all craft tables to do a large batch, just going on memory/notes to deal with multiple of the same type.
    Savina wrote: »
    You can start a master-writ quest for each type of master -writ at the same time. Same as you can start all 7 daily crafting writs at the same time.

The reason you can't start more than one of the same kind of master-writ is because they have the same quest name. All master-writs for jewelry are "Masterful Jewelry" blacksmithing are "Masterful Blacksmithing" and so on.

You can only have 25 quest in your journal and you can not have 2 quest with the same name. This is why you can only do one of each kind of master-writ at a time.

oh ok i get it...
    So we can make 4 Master writs at same time. Jewelry, blacksmithing etc...
    Thank you for the explanation
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »

oh ok i get it...

Glad to have helped.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    Savina wrote: »

oh ok i get it...

I like to save them up and do the construction work for about 10 of each. As someone else mentioned, it's easier if you have a guild house with the attuned stations. And if you're on PC use the correct addon ;)

Once I've done them all I'll accept one of each, and hand in seven at a time.

But then you have to go through each of the additional writs in turn, accepting one of each type and handing them in. Rinse and repeat...

Also, I like to save them up for when I have enlightenment and pop an XP scroll just before handing them in. If I do enough I can rake in 5 CP points, a couple of thousand vouchers... but it can take a few minutes before the UI updates with all the completion notifications: )
  • althangoran
    althangoran
    Soul Shriven
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    PC has this feature in the form of add-ons. Can not help out, if you are on another platform.

The addon you are thinking of is WritWorthy. It will let you queue any writs you have available and then all you have to do is go to the associated crafting station and they will automatically be crafted. Once you've done that just accept one, take it to the NPC for turn in and then rinse and repeat. It doesn't take long to complete a very large number of writs in one go.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason is simple. Players are not doing master writs as the devs intended them to be done. It's pretty clear that they do not want us to save them, or do them in large masses. They intended them to be done as recieved and have not decided to change them th account for player behavior.

Addons make the experience tolerable. If you can't use addons then the best I can say to do is to complete them as the devs intended them to be done.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    The reason is simple. Players are not doing master writs as the devs intended them to be done. It's pretty clear that they do not want us to save them, or do them in large masses. They intended them to be done as recieved and have not decided to change them th account for player behavior.

Addons make the experience tolerable. If you can't use addons then the best I can say to do is to complete them as the devs intended them to be done.
    Yes they are very nice for grinding cp during double xp with an 150% scroll.
    Also for changing builds like moving between stamina and magic, You can also use them to power level alts but here I just run RND.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the logic either, but what I have done is look at the writs I can complete, build those items, then click on the writ at the NPC you turn them in to. For instance, if I need 3 rings of different sets, make all three, click on the writ, turn in quest, click on writ #2, turn in that one, etc. Saves a lot of time

What saves even more time is joining a guild that has a master crafting hall with the crafting benches of each set.
  • Fedi
    Fedi
    If your on console and don't have those fancy pc add ons, you can always use mastersofcraft.info helpful site to keep track of learned motifs and collected master writs. Very handy for console players, if your willing to take the time to enter all in.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do around 200 writs at a time and would agree it isn't how they were intended to be done so not expecting a "fix" any time ever!

I've gone from scribbling them on the back of an envelope to using a spreadsheet that gets more complicated every time I open it :D

It's a pain on console without addons but totally doable if you're a little organised
    PS4 EU
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a new Rolis' assistant at every daily turn in station, even if it was limited to a couple of turn ins, per character, per day. You'd still need to travel to Rolis to buy stuff with writ vouchers.
    It would make enchanting writs a daily thing if you wanted.

(Guess who has a stupid amount of enchanting writs?!)
    They are slow to do, and mass making fills your inventory because they don't stack.
    For instance in 1 go of doing alchemy writs, I clocked up over 3 million in xp, because I could multi make and stack. Enchanting takes a minute or 2 per writ. (consoles)
  • DrMoreaux
    DrMoreaux
    Soul Shriven
    My crafters get the MW from the dailies. I turn them in to the bank weekly. My GMC picks them up. I proceed to the guild hall with all the attuned stations in a most excellent organized order for a quick run. turn on writw@&thy. I run the alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting without mythical ambrosia on. I dump them to Rolis. Make sure to have at least 20 of all the common style stones. Go back to the crafting hall and make sure to have adequate raw mats and then some in case the purple or gold get in short supply.
    I process 50-150 MWs a week. I do more when there is double XP. The crafting event was like Christmas in the summer! If I have less than 50-70 I use mythical on all the MW turn-ins. I other words one run to Rolis.
    It helps to have all the motifs in the game too. Never do the daily writs manually like I did the first year playing ESO. Never ever do the Master writs manually one by one. I did, and if you make a mistake and make a gold ring and not the neckpiece it hurts for a week! It could be a reason to get bored with the game rapidly.
    Doc